LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Wii power supply question

Hey guys, I bought a wii in American and brought it back to Ireland because I was told by the sales person that it would work if I got a travel plug.. so I set it up this morning and plugged it into the converter.. It blew up.. I'm hoping it was just the power cord that blew.. now for my question.. If I was to buy a power cord here in Ireland, would it work on the American wii?

Member #
    Friends
    Sorry if this is in the wrong section

Member #
    Friends
    No and it is pretty much possible that your Wii is blown up. Here you can buy a universal AC http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-...n-70-21qb.html
    Your Pro ,or your a noob - thats life

I own a USA Wii (sold my EUR Wii) 2x Wii motes 2x Nunchucks

Super Mario Galaxy | Naruto Clash of Ninja Revolution | Guitar Hero 3(selling PM if interested) | Zelda TP | Wario Ware

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by XLaw
    No and it is pretty much possible that your Wii is blown up. Here you can buy a universal AC http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-...n-70-21qb.html
    So I can't purchase a uk power lead? there is a smell from the cord, not the Wii..would that matter?

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisG
    So I can't purchase a uk power lead? there is a smell from the cord, not the Wii..would that matter?
    No you can't. The logic is that the USA Power Supply is 12V and your Europien is 24V and your cord blew up because it didn't match our power supply ,now that I think about it your Wii maybe didn't blow but still you need an universal AC ,with a UK power cord (220V) you will blow it up ,and this time the Wii itself.
    Your Pro ,or your a noob - thats life

I own a USA Wii (sold my EUR Wii) 2x Wii motes 2x Nunchucks

Super Mario Galaxy | Naruto Clash of Ninja Revolution | Guitar Hero 3(selling PM if interested) | Zelda TP | Wario Ware

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by XLaw
    No you can't. The logic is that the USA Power Supply is 12V and your Europien is 24V and your cord blew up because it didn't match our power supply ,now that I think about it your Wii maybe didn't blow but still you need an universal AC ,with a UK power cord (220V) you will blow it up ,and this time the Wii itself.
    No problem, thank you for your help, I'll just purchase another power cord, thank you so much for you rhelp

Member #
    Friends
    Hope you realize that unless you do something illegal, all your games will have to come from America, as the console is region locked. And I hope you are planning on using an HDTV, because standard TV's are different between the US (NTSC) and Europe (PAL).

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by andynoz50
    Hope you realize that unless you do something illegal, all your games will have to come from America, as the console is region locked. And I hope you are planning on using an HDTV, because standard TV's are different between the US (NTSC) and Europe (PAL).
    Yeah, thats fine, I go to America a few times a year anyway.. The games are cheaper too. The TV isnt a problem either

\/\/ii'd Out For Life dedpoet777's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0792-2476-6769-9631
    you can always buy games from american sites too. more than likely the psu is blown, not the wii.
    \/\/ho's Got

Wii: Super Mario Galaxy, Zelda:Twilight Princess, \/\/ii Sports, \/\/ario \/\/are, Tiger \/\/oods:07, \/\/ii Play, Super paper Mario, Prince of Persia, Game Party//-//3 Remotes, 2 Chuks, Retro Skin
    DS:Zelda Phantom hourglass, New Super Mario Bros, Tetris DS, Brain Age, Brain Age 2, Touchmaster, Big Brain Academy, Mario Kart DS, Castlevania:Portrait of Time//Retro Skin, Switch&Carry Digital Camou Case.

Ads