2.0 GHz Core 2 Duo
    2GB RAM
    120GB HD
    iLife '06 & iWork '06

world crown chimpokomastr pizzaluvr's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    umm... maybe people want to listen to music while playing, htey have said that you can use external hdds
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    7509-5934-6367-2803
    .....Wii isn't a multi-task system I'm sure. If you are gaming that's all you are doing the processors for the Wii aren't that powerful and the ram is in short supply already, I wouldn't hope for adding any more of a load on the system by shoving out a useless stream of music while you play when you can just turn on your computer or radio.............

or better yet don't ruin the sound of the game buy listening to music... that's like listening to a radio while watching TV...

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Rift
    or better yet don't ruin the sound of the game buy listening to music... that's like listening to a radio while watching TV...
    oooo burn!
    Wii = Birthday in June....boo
    MacBook = Christmas [already ordered]

MacBook - White
    2.0 GHz Core 2 Duo
    2GB RAM
    120GB HD
    iLife '06 & iWork '06

Member #
    Friends
    hey don't downplay the system, I know that most people like to listen to music while playing. and if you do have a ipod you might need firmware, but then again your not transfering music therefore you are using the device itself. And furthermore ther are other mp3 players out there that is not so complicated Sandisk e200.

Member #
    Friends
    damn easy ipod comes with earpiece....just put them on and mute the tv while you play...or connent 2 computer speakers near the tv and connect ur ipod to that....

i dnt see the poin of havin and mp3 connected to it when i have a pc in the same room, same reason why it dont have a dvd palyer because everyone owns one already! very pointless and just makes the price go up!

In the making

Member #
    Friends
    you can use your ipod as a hardrive for the wii if you want. it will act like an sd card

Member #
    Friends
    Can you actually use yoru iPod as an HD? Because if you can I'll probably be doing that.

Wii online moderator registerednerd's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by vagrant
    actually most USB devices now are plug & play, meaning the driver information is on them, themselves. But ya, as far as an Ipod goes, you need a lot of other software crap. There would have to actually have something built into the wii's firmware to play the files.

And like rift said. I have a computer if I want a computer. I buy a game console for games.
    Actually, Plug&Play devices only have the driver information on the device, not the driver itself. P&P just guarantees that you get the right driver.
    ... but what do I know?...
    Not currently accepting friend adds.

Member #
    Friends
    4054-9249-4284-3802
    Quote Originally Posted by Homesrfan
    Can you actually use yoru iPod as an HD? Because if you can I'll probably be doing that.
    While that may and probably will happen, it's not yet confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Equis
    damn easy ipod comes with earpiece....just put them on and mute the tv while you play...or connent 2 computer speakers near the tv and connect ur ipod to that....

i dnt see the poin of havin and mp3 connected to it when i have a pc in the same room, same reason why it dont have a dvd palyer because everyone owns one already! very pointless and just makes the price go up!
    The reason why people, including me want this options is not because we're stupid. Think about it a bit harder. The Xbox and especially the Xbox 360 allow you to put music on their hard drives as well as external storage devices, including the iPod. When you go into a game that has the custom soundtracks option, it doesn't just play your music really loud so that you can't hear the game's original music and sound effects, it plays your music instead of the game's original music. This allows you to play the game with music you choose and still hear the game's sound effects, voice acting, etc. If you just hook your iPod up to external speakers, then you can't hear mission briefings in the game, nor car tires screeching as easily and the game's original music many times can't be turned down or off, so it gets all garbled.

If anyone here has ever played GTA (I don't care whether you like the game or not) it allows you to use your own music, which is just awesome because whenever you jack a car, your music starts up like it's a radio station!

Oh and for those saying Wii is not that powerful, give me a break. Playing small .mp3 files during a game is nothing. I really get sick of this "purist" stuff about videogame systems should only play videogames. This is usually said by people who've never owned an Xbox or PS2 before and it's so lame. Yes, obviously it's main focus should be videogames, but with the features the Xbox and PS3 have, Wii should be competitive and why not? The more features, the better.
    Last edited by NateTheGreat; 11-09-2006 at 03:50 PM.
    "Whatever you do may seem insignificant, but it is most important that you do it." - GANDHI

Picture created by: NateTheGreat

Ads