LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2992-7256-0857-0545
    Wow, I am not the only parent looking for info. I also decided to get a Wii for the family for Christmas, two girls 6 and 3 with mom and dad. What else is recommended to purchase so that we can maximize our wii experience? Could somebody please explain how the "online" works, (ie, do you pay a monthly fee?). Cant wait till Santa comes.

Member #
    Friends
    Waht kind of racing games are avalable? ex. Saturday Night Speedway, NASCAR. And what kind of controllers are available for these type of games. So far I'm just had a PS2.

Member #
    Friends
    Okay, I'm convinced on purchasing the extra remotes with the nunchuks. But, what are the nunchuks used for?

We will have:

4 wii remotes one with Wii Play
    4 nunchuks
    2 docking stations
    Super Mario Galaxy

I'm trading the Spiderman and Spongebob in for Super Mario Paper and ????

Does anyone know anything about Lego Star Wars? My kids love legos.

Member #
    Friends
    2095-4618-4329-6127
    Quote Originally Posted by LoriK
    So glad this question was posted. Ditto here. 2 kids, (10 and 8), husband and me, the wife! ;-) We have a home theater...big screen...so how cool will this be? :-)

I bought the tiger Woods golf game. I want to get the High School Musical, and a Dance Revolution type game.

SO....Should I get the sports kit that has the golf club, tennis racket, etc?

Do I need to buy:
    Wireless Sensor
    Charge station
    Cooling Station
    Component Video cable
    And blank on the name of the stand that you sit it in.

Any other words of wisdom?

Thanks!
    The Sports Kit is not really necessary when playing the sports genre on the Wii. Sometimes they are a little more dangerous than the actual wii remote itself.
    As for your questions on what to purchase:

The Wireless Sensor is a personal preference in my opinion. The sensor bar that comes with the console has a pretty long and thin cord.

The Charge Station is a must if you are going to be playing the Wii a lot.

The Component Cable only if your big screen can accept it.

The Cooling Station is not really required to get. The Wii does heat up, but not to the point where it is scorching hot. I have played my Wii for about 6 or more hours in a complete sitting (Mario Galaxy) and it was only a little warm.
    Last edited by Jinn K; 12-10-2007 at 04:50 PM.
    ~Jinn Kawabata
    CFO and Public Relations of Uruhara Cosplay

Member #
    Friends
    7146-6016-1828-0183
    The nunchuk is basically an analog joystick that plugs into the wii-remote with a cable. You hold it in your non-dominant hand. You need to play most games, (such as Mario Galaxy) because you usually use the analog stick to move your character around, while using the wii-remote to jump/attack/etc.

I would not recommend 4 nunchuks right away if all you are getting is Mario Galaxy, Paper Mario, and Zelda. Even though those games require a nunchuk, all three of those are only one player at a time. Galaxy is two player, but the second (co-star player) only needs the wii-remote. Wii Sports only needs the nunchuk for boxing, and that is only a two player game. I would say since the Wii comes with 1 nunchuk, just get one additional nunchuk at first, and if you later decide to buy a game that is 4 players simultaneous, then get the extra nunchuks.

IF, you are getting some other games, just check to see whether they need 4 nunchuks before you buy them

Member #
    Friends
    2095-4618-4329-6127
    Quote Originally Posted by Bublhead
    Wow, I am not the only parent looking for info. I also decided to get a Wii for the family for Christmas, two girls 6 and 3 with mom and dad. What else is recommended to purchase so that we can maximize our wii experience? Could somebody please explain how the "online" works, (ie, do you pay a monthly fee?). Cant wait till Santa comes.
    The online access for the Wii is completely free. The only thing you will need to obtain internet access is either:

A.) A wireless signal. (i.e. A router or the Nintendo USB Wifi Adapter)
    B.) The LAN connector for the Wii

The channels that use the internet or should I say the WiiConnect24 are:

Forcast Channel
    News Channel
    Wii Shop Channel
    Mii Channel
    Everybody Votes Channel
    Check Mii Out Channel
    Internet Channel

The last three channels are gained through the Wii Shop Channel. All of them are free except the Internet Channel which is only 500 wii points ($5.00USD).

It is very easy to jump online with the Wii. As for communicating or playing with others, you will need to exchange you Wii console number and nickname with another wii owner. The same goes for the online Wii games. Each one will have a different code that you will need to exchange with someone else. The way to tell if a game has online play is when you look at a game case and look at the upper left corner of the case you will see a blue symbol that has WiFi within it.
    ~Jinn Kawabata

Member #
    Friends
    2992-7256-0857-0545
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinn K
    All of them are free except the Internet Channel which is only 500 wii points ($5.00USD).

Jinn K, Thank you very much for the reply. Is it a monthly charge or is it a one time charge of 500 wii points?

Member #
    Friends
    Jinn K, Thank you very much for the reply. Is it a monthly charge or is it a one time charge of 500 wii points?
    It's just a one-time charge for the Internet Channel.

Member #
    Friends
    how about tiger woods is it worth getting?

Member #
    Friends
    2095-4618-4329-6127
    You are very much welcome!
    ~Jinn Kawabata

Ads