+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The conspiracy?

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5701-4561-7633-7008
    Quote Originally Posted by blueovalboy7
    Is it me or do you make a lot of pointless threads?
    he makes a lot of pointless threads

the mario that's roomed with mush
    my wii is not connected to the internet, so i can't play brawl online for a bit....please do not spam inbox with friend code requests

Member #
    Friends
    3732-3369-2853-4491
    i'd have to say my new favorite thing about yungblood is he never goes back and replies to posts in his threads, especially when people prove him wrong. hell, in one thread i backed him up saying that friend codes are crap and he just accused me of "being up the companys ass" and being a "fanboy"...because i agreed with him...right...
    Strikers FC:025884-970933
    RIP: Hidden in Plain View, Counterfit Pennies, The Early November

thanks to idjut for the sig!

Member #
    Friends

There is no conspiracy

Most companies will gear up production in the summer to have a reserve for the coming holiday season. Well the shortage came about because they couldn't keep them in stock through the summer either.

I don't know how this came about, but there is no difference in buying a Wii now or in August. You couldn't find them in a store regardless. I got mine in August and ended up having to wait outside in a line at my local Circuit City one Sunday morning.... in AUGUST!!!

Nintendo is gaining nothing by having a shortage (except driving up demand), but in fact the shortage is leading people to purchase other systems and look at alternatives. THAT, my friend, doesn't fall in Nintendo's favor.

Plus the point of the Wii is to have one in EVERY home. You can't do that when you can't keep up with the demand. Trust me, if Nintendo could keep up, it would. I'm sure Nintendo would love to sell hundreds of thousands of more consoles this Christmas.
    No Advertising

GC8
    Member #
    Friends
    8760-3751-4820-7981
    so let me get this straight? You think that Nintendo is intentionally holding systems back from the consumers meaning they are intentionally dropping their sales? What benefit does Nintendo get out of this?

It would kind of make sense if the console wasn't to be sold and a set price because then they could mark up the ones that are being sold a ton...but that's not the case.

Can someone give me a good reason behind why they might be doing this (besides creating a buzz, which is a dumb reason too lose out on so much sales). It's my understanding that they just can't make them fast enough...
    GH3 Friend Code 1461 4363 1287

Member #
    Friends
    Just so you people know there ARE financial benefits to holding the supply back. For instance. Nearly every Christmas there's that one special toy...be it a furby, tickle-me-elmo, etc. It's always a toy that never expected to be big, but over time the supply doesn't keep up with the demand and the hype grows. Then the TV/newspaper will talk about how theres not enough of this toy to go around, and it makes kids want it. Parents hear about it and think it's a great toy their kids would enjoy. The hype grows and grows because of supply is smaller than demand (a good thing) and in the long run it will increase sales. The shortage makes people just want it more.

Think about it. MORE people want the Wii just cause they hear about how impossible it is to find. Nintendo wants the talk about Wii shortage to stick through Christmas. It's essentially advertising the Wii and how great it is for them.

It's smart for Nintendo not to saturate the market with Wii's, but to keep a steady pace that's not too little and too much to keep the demand high. Since when did smart business practice = conspiracy? This is a very common tactic and is used all the time.

Member #
    Friends
    I think that they are doing it to increase hipe and make their units more desirable. They could also just be really popular. Whatever it is Nintendo needs to make more an QUICK!!I'm sure there will be allot of people this Christmas without wii's. I could be one of them............

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by yungblood6
    Its funny how when i say that the wii shortage is being done on purpose i get tons of people saying im just a wii hater, and im a dumb shit, and bla bla bla.
    I think it's your grammar that leads people to think you're stupid rather than your inane theories.
    "Kids, let me tell you about another so-called "wicked" guy. He had long hair and some wild ideas, and he didn't always do what other people thought was right. And that man's name was... I forget. But the point is... well, I forget that too. Marge, you know who I'm talking about. He used to drive that blue car?"

Member #
    Friends
    2294-2353-1207-3330
    Quote Originally Posted by mgbl3
    Just so you people know there ARE financial benefits to holding the supply back...
    To go along with that theory, Nintendo would have to increase the price of the Wii for their wholesalers. Since the Wii is $249.99 now, just like it was last Christmas, the hold back to increase demand theory doesn't work. There is no point in holding back supply to increase demand if the seller doesn't make more per item.

Think 1973 Oil Crisis.

Also, because Nintendo sells the Wii as the low cost options, hundreds of dollars cheaper than the XBox 360 and PS3 original prices, it goes against the theory of false shortages in order to sell a product without reducing a price.

And to top things off, Nintendo is making a profit on each and every console, which Sony and Microsoft have never done on the PS3 or 360.

And yes, it's another of Yungblood's anti-Wii posts
    Nintendo is purposely holding back supply in order to hype the Wii.
    Your proof : none
    My Argument : Nintendo has gone from making 1 million Wii's a month, to 1.4, to 1.8 in less than a year's supply. It is selling 2 to 4 times faster than both of the "current" consoles. It is on track to sell more than 100 million units in 5 years (which took the PS2 6 years to reach).
    Your Rebuttal : It's a conspiracy, don't pay attention to the media.
    Wiiaffied : April 22, 2007
    Accessorwiis : 4 sets of motes and chucks, 2 motionPlus, 1 dance pad, Wii Zapper, colored battery doors, component cables, aluminum travel case
    Gamiis : Wii Sports, Elebits, Big Brain Academy, DDR : Hottest Party, Battalion Wars 2, Mario & Sonic at the Olympics, Medal of Honor : Heroes 2, Rayman Raving Rabbids 2, Rayman Rabbids TV Party, Tiger Woods 08, EA Sports Active, Game Party 1&2, Punch Out, Wii Sports Resort

Do you Wii-B-q?

Member #
    Friends
    5701-4561-7633-7008
    Quote Originally Posted by mgbl3
    Just so you people know there ARE financial benefits to holding the supply back. For instance. Nearly every Christmas there's that one special toy...be it a furby, tickle-me-elmo, etc. It's always a toy that never expected to be big, but over time the supply doesn't keep up with the demand and the hype grows. Then the TV/newspaper will talk about how theres not enough of this toy to go around, and it makes kids want it. Parents hear about it and think it's a great toy their kids would enjoy. The hype grows and grows because of supply is smaller than demand (a good thing) and in the long run it will increase sales. The shortage makes people just want it more.

Think about it. MORE people want the Wii just cause they hear about how impossible it is to find. Nintendo wants the talk about Wii shortage to stick through Christmas. It's essentially advertising the Wii and how great it is for them.

It's smart for Nintendo not to saturate the market with Wii's, but to keep a steady pace that's not too little and too much to keep the demand high. Since when did smart business practice = conspiracy? This is a very common tactic and is used all the time.
    See...i could maybe believe it if this weren't true

Quote Originally Posted by TiwazTyrsfist
    So, I've been over this before.

Nintendo is making 1.8 Million units a month now.
    To compare, Sony is producing roughly 300,000 PS3's a month.

So why is the Wii hard to find? It's selling 350-400 thousand units A WEEK.
    Demand for the Wii is significantly higher than other units.

It just dosn't seem like they're holding back....i could see the reason to do so, get hype up for the holiday season, than increase production up right before, but the production is already up high

the mario that's roomed with mush
    my wii is not connected to the internet, so i can't play brawl online for a bit....please do not spam inbox with friend code requests

Member #
    Friends
    IT'S THE FASTEST SELLING CONSOLE OF ALL TIME.

*throws a chair at you*
    Wii games: Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Resident Evil 4, Zelda TP, SSX: Blur, Excite Truck, The Godfather, and Mario Kart Wii
    PC games: Call of Duty 4, Halo 1, UT3, F.E.A.R., and The Orange Box.
    PS3 games: Ratchet and Clank F.T.O.D., Resistance 2, Wipeout HD, and MGS4.

Ads