+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The conspiracy?

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5134-2285-1457-3930

The conspiracy?

Its funny how when i say that the wii shortage is being done on purpose i get tons of people saying im just a wii hater, and im a dumb shit, and bla bla bla. but its funny how i and others on wii chat arent the only ones who think this. Its funny how people that are in the buisness world have the same, and some what differnt theory on the wii shortage that is going on. hmmm well i don't need your hate just posting the article you can judge for your selfs but before you go on your fanboy rants these are people from the wall street journal and i think they know more about buisness than us on here so with out further delay here ya go.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1196...googlenews_wsj
    Don't Be A Fan Boy Its Not Benaficial

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    I'm not saying your a dumb shit, but I think you are wrong about this huge conspiracy and fake shortages - if only for the reason that why would Nintendo benefit more from selling Wii's or DS's AFTER Christmas rather than before?

The Christmas selling period is one that has always held more kudos, and the shortage of Wiis (and the price hikes of the ones that are available) mean that right now in the UK it's cheaper (yes cheaper!) to buy a PS3 than it is a Wii from real "bricks and mortar" shops.

This isn't a good thing for Nintendo, so why would they create a false shortage? It doesn't make sense.

The Wii is in short supply because they are are so damn fun, every family wants one. There physically aren't enough of them to go round.

I feel sorry for those that have to plump for a PS3.... the shame!

Neil

Waiting For Tomorrow largedarry's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    8861-8821-7046-6197
    Well the article is a well written one, with no more than professional speculation about business practices..

Basically Nintendo is a very conservative company, that in combination with current consumerism business practices (that also err on the side of too little stock) have led to not enough Wii's.

Far from a conspiracy, but more than likely a completely believable explanation to the shortages.
    "There are many causes that I am prepared to die for but no causes that I am prepared to kill for." Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

"I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidD
    I wish everyone would read the damn manual instead of posting a post about a dumbass question like the one asked in this thread.

Member #
    Friends
    Who cares? If it is a conspiracy than it is. What does it matter. What is the difference between conspiracy and a good sales trick. Let's focus on the fact that Nintendo's smarter then Sony and Microsoft. Let's turn this into love for the wii ^^

Member #
    Friends
    2878-9257-8140-1234
    The Wii is in short supply because they are are so damn fun, every family wants one. There physically aren't enough of them to go round.
    Couldnt of said it better.

WiiChat Member SixStringedStress's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by yungblood6
    Its funny how when i say that the wii shortage is being done on purpose i get tons of people saying im just a wii hater, and im a dumb shit, and bla bla bla. but its funny how i and others on wii chat arent the only ones who think this. Its funny how people that are in the buisness world have the same, and some what differnt theory on the wii shortage that is going on. hmmm well i don't need your hate just posting the article you can judge for your selfs but before you go on your fanboy rants these are people from the wall street journal and i think they know more about buisness than us on here so with out further delay here ya go.

Take an economics class, demand will almost always be higher than quantity in this case because nintendo doesn't outsource it's production. I repeat: NINTENDO DOES NOT OUTSOURCE IT'S PRODUCTION. Do you understand that it puts a serious cramp in quantitiy unlike Microsoft and Sony who are much bigger entities that can handle production throughout the year and not just Christmas. I didn't need to get that from Wall Street. Also, you have to take into account, it's not Nintendo's fault that too many people are waiting in line to buy their Wiis only to turn around and sell them on ebay to turn $250 into $500. Whatever, I guess I am just a fanboy and you're probably not even going to read this.
    Last edited by SixStringedStress; 12-10-2007 at 09:14 AM.
    Super Mario Strikers Charged Friend Code:
    236329 979158

Number of times the word "noob", "n00b", or "n008" appears in this online forum:
    528,349,261,840,649 and counting!!

kez
    Member #
    Friends
    Why so much hate against Nintendo? They're doing what's best for their bottom line - intended shortage or not.

It makes no sense to constantly whine over who is winning the console war and whether or not it is due to some "conspiracy". Get over yourself, it is what it is. Pick a console and shut up. Be happy with the console(s) you have, be it a Wii, PS3, XBox, or whatever.

ETA: For what it's worth, I don't think it's a conspiracy.
    Last edited by kez; 12-10-2007 at 10:36 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by yungblood6

So, I've been over this before.

Nintendo is making 1.8 Million units a month now.
    To compare, Sony is producing roughly 300,000 PS3's a month.

So why is the Wii hard to find? It's selling 350-400 thousand units A WEEK.
    Demand for the Wii is significantly higher than other units.

Yes, gamers want a Wii, and a PS3, and a 360.
    But Grandma Also wants a Wii
    And the Gym coach wants ten of them.
    And, for that matter, so does a huge portion of the population who never wanted to play video games before.

People, particularly Wall Street analysts, don't seem to understand how far outside the normal target market Nintendo has stretched with the Wii.
    Pokemon Diamond: Name:Sif FC:3952 3555 4891

Now Trading 1st, 3rd, & 4th gen starters, Phione, Rotom, Porygon, Dratini, Kecleon, Feebas, Castform, Tyrogue, and anything else I can breed.

Member #
    Friends
    5873-1290-1753-2112
    Yungblood,
    Quite frankly, I don't trust your opinion on anything to do with Wii.

The post's of your's I have read have always been anti-Wii, or reason the 360 is better, or why Nintendo will lose the console war.

Yeah. "Unbiased".
    GAME OVER

They call me Hammy! blueovalboy7's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Is it me or do you make a lot of pointless threads?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads