LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5134-2285-1457-3930
    i think you miss his point, its not the point of how easy it may be to convert but why have to do it in the first place when mp3 where already supported. like previous poster said it should be a choice to have either not just one. The psp for that matter handles mp3, atrac, and acc. the wii could have used this option as well.

my question why change it in the firstplace when you could have just implemented a music channel. it seem a lot of fuss to change something thats not that big a deal any way.
    Don't Be A Fan Boy Its Not Benaficial

Member #
    Friends
    4582-2966-2869-3861
    You can't play AAC music bought on iTunes on your wii if it has DRM protection. You can convert your non-DRM mp3 files to aac and then play them on your wii.

Wii online number: 4582 2966 2869 3861
    Wii username: davor

Games: | Wii Sports | Zelda:TP | Super Mario Galaxy |

Member #
    Friends
    4855-3513-2198-8739
    I know the point but I chose not to reply on that.

I think its not worth talking about. Its not like Nintendo cares. Why bitch about it instead of searching for solutions. Too bad they changed it, yeh its stupid, yeh it does not make sense but you can also look for ways to work with it
    Tip of the day:
    A big mistake a lot of you make is that wiiware games will be free.

Wiiware is just the same like the virtual console. Its different in that it offers new games instead of old console games.

I can think of some easy games ( Like tetris and some other in that direction ) that can be free but the majority will cost money.

Member #
    Friends
    5075-3223-6702-0680
    This change to AAC is a bit of a surprise. However I would bet that in a few months a deal will be struck with Apple and the Apple iTunes will be one of the channels you can download. This will be a huge money making potential for Nintendo.

What I think they should do is introduce a Player channel, this would give you the ability to Play multiple music formats as well as Divx, Avi etc. I just don't understand why a Photo Channel needs the ability to play music anyway???
    Wii Friend Code: 5075-3223-6702-0680
    Name: Abernus
    If you add me please PM me

Games: Wii Sports, Wii Play, Rayman Raving Rabbids 1&2, Monster 4x4, Zelda Twilight Princess, GH3, Mario Galaxy, Resident Evil 4

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubb's Wii
    How hard is it to convert your MP3 files to AAC. LOL. Seriously, you can even do it using itunes. The sound quality is way better too. Not rocket science.
    My point is that I shouldn't have to. I paid for MP3 support and now they are taking that away from me if I want the newer features of the Photo Channel.

Also, everyone keeps saying that AAC sound is way better than MP3. NOT when the source is the MP3. Without a lot of editing, you can't get a "better" sound out of a "good" sound. So all I'll end up with is a waste of my time for the same sound. What do I get out of this? Nothing. What do I lose? My time and since I charge $75-150/hr in my consulting business...

That they didn't ask people who paid for MP3 support just impresses that they don't give a crap about the owners.
    Central Ohio: Wii via component on Mitsu 55" HD-RPTV. 94 ImpalaSS, MCSE/MCT, MS/Network Consultant.

Member #
    Friends
    8745-5143-2651-5351
    Quote Originally Posted by bubs
    ummmm you don't HAVE to download the update for photo channel... it even says it in the Nintendo message, and you can even DELETE the update if you have downloaded it and decide you want to use .MP3
    Bingo.

MOHH2: AoW fortunz
    xfire: fortunzfavor

I am mianmini at IGN. fortunzfavor [at] netzero [dot] net

Member #
    Friends
    4855-3513-2198-8739
    Quote Originally Posted by strommsarnac
    My point is that I shouldn't have to. I paid for MP3 support and now they are taking that etc...
    You actually saw MP3 playing thing as a feature for the wii and you thought: THATS why Im gettin my wii?
    Tip of the day:

Wiiware is just the same like the virtual console. Its different in that it offers new games instead of old console games.

I can think of some easy games ( Like tetris and some other in that direction ) that can be free but the majority will cost money.

Member #
    Friends
    0806-9488-0395-2638
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubb's Wii
    How hard is it to convert your MP3 files to AAC. LOL. Seriously, you can even do it using itunes. The sound quality is way better too. Not rocket science.
    well considering i have approximately 2000 cds ripped to mp3, id say it would be a very time consuming. AAC and MP3 are pretty much the same quality.
    Last edited by Earthworm Jim; 12-12-2007 at 07:52 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    4855-3513-2198-8739
    You can select a whole batch and convert them right? Just leave your pc on for a few months
    Tip of the day:

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay588
    too bad wii can only output mono, making the conversion pointless anyway
    The Wii supports regular stereo and Dolby ProLogic II

Ads