LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Why the change to AAC?

I know others have touched on the MP3 to AAC thing. But I want to know why.

Personally, I think it sucks. Doing this is like nVidia disabling DirectX9 on my 8800GTX. Where do they get off making this decision for us?

This is one of those changes which makes people think it's motivated by money. AAC playback is not free. It's licensed and royalties have to be paid to Apple. So I have to ask, what is Nintendo getting from Apple for doing this?

I am not going to convert all my MP3 (yes they're legal versions of my 200 CDs) over to AAC. I never had a problem with MP3 playback, so why should I convert.
    Central Ohio: Wii via component on Mitsu 55" HD-RPTV. 94 ImpalaSS, MCSE/MCT, MS/Network Consultant.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    I agree, I'm not going to convert my mp3's to AAC. I think it was a stupid decision UNLESS Nintendo are getting something decent from Apple.

Member #
    Friends
    well even if nintendo is getting something from apple they're still making their paying customers mad because of the change

Member #
    Friends
    2909-2896-6123-9201
    I can't get them to even play on the channel because when I buy them on Itunes and it won't let you play it on anything. So does anyone know how to unlock it?
    Friend Codes
    Mario Striker Code: 287882 126144
    MOH2 User Name: calcalocalo
    GH3 Code: 446800821441
    Super Smash Bros. Code: 047374795385

Member #
    Friends
    5134-2285-1457-3930
    its like i always said they don't care about what you think. nintendos latest focus is on what is going to make us money and not what is going to make customers happy. im pretty sure there is going to be some music download later on in the systems life. who knows

If you notice they are always updating the shop channel like every two months just to draw more buyers in. But im pretty sure they know we want a real update that is going to be usefull and entertaining to us. Like a surprise that was supposed to come, a update to the mii channel, etc.

I have heard a rumor that nintendo shot down the idea of updating the mii channel and a first party game involving the mii's. its just a rumor but if its true than nintendo has already let this success go to its head.

For those that did update the photo channel i believe there is a program that was used for psp that converts mp3's to other formats. ill have to get back to you on that though.
    Don't Be A Fan Boy Its Not Benaficial

Member #
    Friends
    ummmm you don't HAVE to download the update for photo channel... it even says it in the Nintendo message, and you can even DELETE the update if you have downloaded it and decide you want to use .MP3

Member #
    Friends
    8160-0850-5113-5260

AAC format blech...

They say the sound quality is better on AAC format than MP3 but Nintendo would be very ignorant if they did'nt know 90% of people use MP3 format music files I mean they are the primary format!
    I think they should've just added the option to play either MP3s or AACs cause it'd be a pain for everyone to go and convert ALL of there music to AACs just for the Wii...

There may be an underlying reason though...
    It may be just to slap Microsoft in the face cause Nintendo doesn't like Microsoft? I thought ATI (Nintendos graphics) also made the graphics chips for the 360s (correct me if I'm wrong)
    Because the only people who'd really benefit from this are MAC users (and I for one am not a MAC fan)

And trying to convert MP3s to AACs is a pain in the a$$ I've tried it and thought to hell with this I guess I'll have to keep an outdated photo channel...

Guitar Hero III - 0301-8564-5059
    If time is a drug, then Big Ben is a needle,
    injecting it in the sky...

Member #
    Friends
    7500-4049-1798-0971
    How hard is it to convert your MP3 files to AAC. LOL. Seriously, you can even do it using itunes. The sound quality is way better too. Not rocket science.
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS FROM Dubb's Wii

a sig designed by FRuMMaGe
    Dubb's Wii : 7500 4049 1798 0971
    Guitar Hero 3 Code : 210570817462

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubb's Wii
    How hard is it to convert your MP3 files to AAC. LOL. Seriously, you can even do it using itunes. The sound quality is way better too. Not rocket science.
    too bad wii can only output mono, making the conversion pointless anyway

Member #
    Friends
    4855-3513-2198-8739
    you can also do it with VLC mediaplayer If Im not mistaken
    Tip of the day:
    A big mistake a lot of you make is that wiiware games will be free.

Wiiware is just the same like the virtual console. Its different in that it offers new games instead of old console games.

I can think of some easy games ( Like tetris and some other in that direction ) that can be free but the majority will cost money.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads