LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Online Gamer matthewj's Avatar
    Member #
    35857
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    218
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0422-8426-6448-0738

    Why Wont Nintendo Let You Move The Disk Channel

    Well I was just wandering why nintendo lets you move every channel except the disk channel? I think you should be able to move it anywhere you want to!

  2. #2
    WiiChat Member crazyman2's Avatar
    Member #
    35408
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    417
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5930-2204-0713-5850
    Cuz when you input a disk there has to be a directory to send the information to, everthing else is based on the wii and doesnt change, but since you put new programs into the wii's disk channel it has to have a constant position so the disk and wii sync properly.

    oh and i know that sounds like some pretty legit shit, but its just my theory i pulled out of my ass. i have no source/ actually fact, just common sence to develope theory.

  3. #3
    Senior Member CantGetAWii's Avatar
    Member #
    9325
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    WiiChat
    Posts
    6,418
    Friends
    33
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Theres no need to move that channel, nor any channel really, unless you move them higher/over more in order of importance or whatever. Honestly I haven't moved one of channels yet, wherever they go after the download is where I leave em'.

    Disk channel staying where it is seems logical, that way its there and is easy for you to select and play a game.

    CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner


    'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'


    Retired Moderator-[PM]


    Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

  4. #4
    3D Artist sagema's Avatar
    Member #
    6192
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,685
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4496-9128-1304-3457
    I just realized I never tried moving it. I always thought it was the ideal place.

  5. #5
    Homework! Bigred's Avatar
    Member #
    35349
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    297
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyman2
    Cuz when you input a disk there has to be a directory to send the information to, everthing else is based on the wii and doesnt change, but since you put new programs into the wii's disk channel it has to have a constant position so the disk and wii sync properly.

    oh and i know that sounds like some pretty legit shit, but its just my theory i pulled out of my ass. i have no source/ actually fact, just common sence to develope theory.
    umm... wow, you can't be more wrong.

    nintendo did it because they're a bunch of jerks. Theres absolutely no reason why it can't be moved... they were just too lazy to program it.
    SSBB FC: 1547-4946-7686
    A response to "Wii - DVD Compatible?"
    "I put a PS3 disc in it and the Wii wouldn't read it. WTF is this world coming to? If I buy a video game console, it better take and kind of media I want. Even if I were to dust off some of my vinyl LPs, the bastard better work."





  6. #6
    WiiChat Member vi3tmix's Avatar
    Member #
    11020
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Houston, Tx
    Posts
    211
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigred
    umm... wow, you can't be more wrong.

    nintendo did it because they're a bunch of jerks. Theres absolutely no reason why it can't be moved... they were just too lazy to program it.
    Hardly "too lazy." It's probably as simple as turning a parameter from "true" to "false" or "1" to "0" when it comes to enabling the ability to move a channel. I'm pretty sure it's a design choice.

    "Because they're a bunch of jerks" you say? Oh, how I'm sure they're sorry that they put the most vital channel of the entire console at the top of the whole channel list.

    Why does the primary hard drive of a PC always default to C: and never any other letter? It's just so that everyone's on the same page with the most basic and necessary drive, so that you don't sort of "lose" the vital drive/channel admist a sea of all the others, even if it's not really "lost"

  7. #7
    Homework! Bigred's Avatar
    Member #
    35349
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    297
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by vi3tmix
    Hardly "too lazy." It's probably as simple as turning a parameter from "true" to "false" or "1" to "0" when it comes to enabling the ability to move a channel. I'm pretty sure it's a design choice.

    "Because they're a bunch of jerks" you say? Oh, how I'm sure they're sorry that they put the most vital channel of the entire console at the top of the whole channel list.

    Why does the primary hard drive of a PC always default to C: and never any other letter? It's just so that everyone's on the same page with the most basic and necessary drive, so that you don't sort of "lose" the vital drive/channel admist a sea of all the others, even if it's not really "lost"
    It does default to C, however you can change it.
    SSBB FC: 1547-4946-7686
    A response to "Wii - DVD Compatible?"
    "I put a PS3 disc in it and the Wii wouldn't read it. WTF is this world coming to? If I buy a video game console, it better take and kind of media I want. Even if I were to dust off some of my vinyl LPs, the bastard better work."





  8. #8
    WiiChat Member Wiily Good's Avatar
    Member #
    2528
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    941
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I think it has something to do with the disc animation that flies in from the side when you insert a disc. It would look pretty tacky to see it flying the whole across your screen.

  9. #9
    Mohh2 Name: TheHater Kingston's Avatar
    Member #
    27911
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    336
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiily Good
    I think it has something to do with the disc animation that flies in from the side when you insert a disc. It would look pretty tacky to see it flying the whole across your screen.

    True dat. repped for something that makes sense.
    Brawl Friend Code 1976-9830-7448 If you want to brawl and you live in Florida I'll add you if you add me!

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search tags for this page

changing disc channel position
,
how to change wii disc channel look
,
how to move disk channel
,
how to move disk channel on wii
,

how to move wii disc channel

,
what does move disc channel do
,
why can't you move the disc channel?
,
why nintendo change to disk
,
wii change channel
,
wii change disc channel location
,
wii disc channel animations
,
wii move disk channel
Click on a term to search for related topics.