Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7914-9240-2291-0710

Is Nintendo's Wii a hazard?

Nintendo's Wii game console isn't just flying off store shelves -- it's flying out of players' hands.

The game company's president announced Thursday that the company was investigating reports that players were losing control of the game's remote, causing it to crash into nearby television screens, ceiling fans, even windows and dishes.

The system's weak point is, ironically, its unique selling point: a motion-sensitive controller that's waved like a wand as players participate in video swordfights, bowling, golf or tennis.

But apparently, some gamers aren't wearing the controller's strap around their wrists or are wearing it too loosely.

There are even some reports that the strap is prone to tearing without notice.

Multiple reports have surfaced of out-of-control Wii accidents; the Web site Wii Have a Problem is keeping a running tally.

Communicating with customers
    Nintendo President Satoru Iwata acknowledged Thursday that the company may indeed have a problem."Some people are getting a lot more excited than we'd expected," Iwata told the Mainichi Daily News in Japan. "We need to better communicate to people how to deal with Wii as a new form of entertainment."

The company sent an e-mail to new owners this week reiterating the need to wear the strap properly. The company has not decided on any specific measures to change the strap, Nintendo spokesman Yasuhiro Minagawa said.
    Rest In Peace
    Sean Taylor
    April 1st, 1983 - November 27th, 2007
    Wii Games:Wii Sports, Guitar Hero 3: Legends of Rock, Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged, Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Member #
    Friends
    LOL , Stuiped people .

Lol Want a shield for your tv click here .
    Last edited by Mc_Evan; 12-11-2007 at 10:21 PM.

XboxGamerTag=IQuickReflexI

Strike=Have

X-Mas Wish List :
    PlayStation 3,Call of Duty 4,Guitar Hero 3(w/ 2 Guitars)Assassin's Creed(Mayb),Oblivion,Ps3 Control.

PSN ID : Mc_Evan

Member #
    Friends
    that shields pathetic...

also, thats old news. They've already recalled the controllers and replaced the strap with a thicker one and gave out free wiimote gloves to protect your tv/wall/etc.
    SSBB FC: 1547-4946-7686
    A response to "Wii - DVD Compatible?"
    "I put a PS3 disc in it and the Wii wouldn't read it. WTF is this world coming to? If I buy a video game console, it better take and kind of media I want. Even if I were to dust off some of my vinyl LPs, the bastard better work."

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigred
    that shields pathetic...

also, thats old news. They've already recalled the controllers and replaced the strap with a thicker one and gave out free wiimote gloves to protect your tv/wall/etc.
    Lol, I know people should just be smart and wear the strap .

XboxGamerTag=IQuickReflexI

Strike=Have

X-Mas Wish List :
    PlayStation 3,Call of Duty 4,Guitar Hero 3(w/ 2 Guitars)Assassin's Creed(Mayb),Oblivion,Ps3 Control.

PSN ID : Mc_Evan

Member #
    Friends
    7914-9240-2291-0710
    oops sorry my bad, got it from MSN, i just looked at the date it said 12/8/2006

didn't read the year...heh

again sorry all, my bad

mod please close....
    Rest In Peace
    Sean Taylor
    April 1st, 1983 - November 27th, 2007
    Wii Games:Wii Sports, Guitar Hero 3: Legends of Rock, Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged, Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Member #
    Friends
    5873-1290-1753-2112
    I don't wear the strap. I didn't order the glove. Unlike some people, I can actually hold things.

"You must be smarter than the Wii Remote to play."
    GAME OVER

Member #
    Friends
    2429-4615-8570-1814
    Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed1
    Nintendo's Wii game console isn't just flying off store shelves -- it's flying out of players' hands.

The game company's president announced Thursday that the company was investigating reports that players were losing control of the game's remote, causing it to crash into nearby television screens, ceiling fans, even windows and dishes.

The system's weak point is, ironically, its unique selling point: a motion-sensitive controller that's waved like a wand as players participate in video swordfights, bowling, golf or tennis.

But apparently, some gamers aren't wearing the controller's strap around their wrists or are wearing it too loosely.

There are even some reports that the strap is prone to tearing without notice.

Multiple reports have surfaced of out-of-control Wii accidents; the Web site Wii Have a Problem is keeping a running tally.

Communicating with customers
    Nintendo President Satoru Iwata acknowledged Thursday that the company may indeed have a problem."Some people are getting a lot more excited than we'd expected," Iwata told the Mainichi Daily News in Japan. "We need to better communicate to people how to deal with Wii as a new form of entertainment."

The company sent an e-mail to new owners this week reiterating the need to wear the strap properly. The company has not decided on any specific measures to change the strap, Nintendo spokesman Yasuhiro Minagawa said.
    everyone that had that happen to them are mentaly retartded or just plane stupid like srsly who the hell lets go of a wiimot whean thay are boxing on wii sports huh? its stupid and most of them are adults u'd expect it woul be little kids

2000 - 2007 DragonForce

I GOT A JAR OF DIRT. surfinrach90's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed1
    Well then it's their own fault..

Nobody I know has had any problems with theirs because their not retarded.

Member #
    Friends
    A buddy I know wasn't wearing the strap. Accidently hit his hand on the coffee table during Wii Bowling. Broke the TV. Sometimes they really are just accidents.
    True Eminence Car Club

Sam Houston State University

Waiting For Tomorrow largedarry's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    8861-8821-7046-6197
    I don't know how they could "better communicate" to the customer to where the wrist strap. You have to be told to put the wrist strap on 3 times to play any Wii sports game. And you're told twice for most other games. I guess if you didn't where the remote, and you threw the remote at your TV, then too bad .
    "There are many causes that I am prepared to die for but no causes that I am prepared to kill for." Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

"I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidD
    I wish everyone would read the damn manual instead of posting a post about a dumbass question like the one asked in this thread.

Ads