Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Questions....

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Questions....

My daughter will be getting a Wii for Christmas from her grandmother...she's 7.

Any recommendations? I'm a PC guy, with absolutely no console knowledge.

I've read the newbie thread, and while comprehensive and extremely useful, doesn't address my questions specifically...

I think she's also getting the Wii-Play package...for the second controller maybe?

Suggestions for "must have" games, hardware, etc? I've seen a charging stand out there...it that necessary? How long do charges last normally? WHat about that crossbow thingy? Will I require one of them? How do I know what games require what?

Hope this is the right place to get those sorts of answers!

Thanks.

Member #
    Friends
    2429-4615-8570-1814
    A tv is #1 thing you should have a Wii-mote charger is #2 thing you should and idk about what games i just rent i have 2 wii's and no games and maybe some wii points to get some fun nes games

2000 - 2007 DragonForce

Member #
    Friends
    - Chargers: IMO just get the normal rechargeable batteries, e.g. Energizer. Both
    the nyko charging station and energizer rechareable batteries are NiMH.

- Controllers: for every wiimote get a nunchuck. Not entirely sure about the crossbow/zapper, but I'm pretty sure it's optional, e.g. Medal Of Honor Heroes 2 can be played with just the wiimote+nunchuck or wiimote+nunchuck+zapper.

- Games for kids: Check here. Mario & Sonic can be fun for younger children as well.
    MOHH2 username: sushinut
    I have: Wii Play, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Elebits, RE4, Super Mario Strikers Charged, Mario & Sonic, GHIII w/ 2 guitars, MOHH2, SMG, RE: UC

Member #
    Friends
    well u don't need the crossbow thing it jus comes with the wii zapper which is made for shootin games....It would b ur best bet to buy a charge station....I spent over 80 dollars in batterys in 2 weeks before I got it and the charge lasts for 5-6 hours....The best game to get that is age suitable for ur daughter would b Super Mario Galaxy, Mario and Sonic @ the Olympic Games, Mario Party 8, Games like that and if u r interested to try some games on it then I say get Zelda Twilight Princess, Super Smash Bros. Brawl which will b out in febuary...there are more so jus ask anytime

Member #
    Friends
    3732-3369-2853-4491
    hey,
    since your daughter is 7 thats a tough call. i would go with super monkey ball: banana blitz, or rayman raving rabbids (if i were you i'd get the first one not the second the second was criticized for not really building on the 1st.) if she's a hardcore little gal maybe super paper mario would be good, its like the old mario games (side scrolling platformer) and sometimes you can press A to make the world flip and become 3d. it depends on her skill level really. charge stand i would NOT get, because thats only for recharchable batteries which the wii-mote does not come with. even if the stand did i wouldnt get it. the crossbow thing is a mini game type thing that comes with the wii zapper which is esentially just a dock to set your wii remote and nunchuck up like a tommy gun, for on-rails shooters. if youre getting wii play, that comes with a wii-mote but NOT a nunchuk, so you may need a SECOND nunchuk to play some games.

you can tell what games use whaton the back of the game in one of the corners there are little icons that say what they use. PS the wii zapper is NOT required for any game at all, it just sets up the controller in a way that is supposed to be "more fun" for some games :/

mario party 8 also might be good
    Strikers FC:025884-970933
    RIP: Hidden in Plain View, Counterfit Pennies, The Early November

thanks to idjut for the sig!

Member #
    Friends
    Lots of good info here

Member #
    Friends
    Thanks for the advice, all.

vote for me....Wario! wario2ooo's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0162-6929-7214-8876
    recommend games: Warioware Smooth move, Pokemon Battle Revolution (if she is into Pokemon), Cooking Mama : Cook Off (if she like to cook things), Geometry Wars : Galaxies, Wii play and Raymna Raving Rabbids 1 or 2
    SSBB= 2664-1935-2379
    Guitar hero 3= 283602180394
    Strikers FC= 236458-134911
    PBR CODE= 1678-1299-6385
    PKM FC=1847-8145-3579
    Guitar Hero WT: 000189824665
    TvsC: 4082-6902-6467

need help with anything, pm me
    I'm back....and bored

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0001
    Suggested Games:

- Mario Party Eight
    - Carnival Games
    - Elebits
    - Wario Ware Smooth Moves
    - Super Mario Galaxy (may be a bit challenging)

You may also want to check out some of these games:

http://www.ebgames.com/search.asp?N=138+186
    Last edited by Syntax; 12-12-2007 at 04:51 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    If your kid is a musical genius then Guitar Hero 3 would be good too , like this 9 yr old kid. Yikes! Btw, GH3 is somewhat hard to find and it's mono-output only right now. A recall/replacement is supposed to happen early next year.
    MOHH2 username: sushinut
    I have: Wii Play, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Elebits, RE4, Super Mario Strikers Charged, Mario & Sonic, GHIII w/ 2 guitars, MOHH2, SMG, RE: UC

Ads