LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    i also have all 3 but id say hell no, PS3 is NOT overpriced its a bloody bargain considering all you get inside and its great. though it is EXSPENSIVE but no way overpriced, i mean blu ray dvd players alone can cost $1000 so dont come here sayin its over priced when honestly i can say its the biggest bargain at the highest quality.

xbox 360 i would say is around about fair price for what you get.

and wii is fair for what you get but its fun factor makes it to a bargain.

on second note 360 is a rip off.

£60/$120 for the wireless network adapter, when it should cost like £20. and its something like £40 a year for online screw that man, i never played my xbox online for those reasons.
    but also PS3 s games r like £50 a pop so it can be costworthy

while wii has best of both, free online, and cheap ass games,
    £20-£40

though its cheap ass games sometimes feel,,well cheap ass
    Last edited by daviduk200; 12-13-2007 at 07:21 AM.

PSN daviduk2000

Gamertag daviduk2000

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    4253-4708-4555-0363
    Quote Originally Posted by daviduk200
    i also have all 3 but id say hell no, PS3 is NOT overpriced its a bloody bargain considering all you get inside and its great. though it is EXSPENSIVE but no way overpriced, i mean blu ray dvd players alone can cost $1000 so dont come here sayin its over priced when honestly i can say its the biggest bargain at the highest quality.

xbox 360 i would say is around about fair price for what you get.

and wii is fair for what you get but its fun factor makes it to a bargain.

on second note 360 is a rip off.

£60/$120 for the wireless network adapter, when it should cost like £20. and its something like £40 a year for online screw that man, i never played my xbox online for those reasons.
    but also PS3 s games r like £50 a pop so it can be costworthy

while wii has best of both, free online, and cheap ass games,
    £20-£40

though its cheap ass games sometimes feel,,well cheap ass
    I'm confused. First you say that the XBox 360 is at a fair price for what you get, then a couple lines down you say that the XBox 360 is a rip-off.
    2008 Jaguar XKR Portfolio

WiiChat Auto Enthusiast

Forum Moderator - [PM]

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Ok..

The Wii is not overpriced it is the perfect price for what u are getting.

The PS3 is NOT overpriced..u got to be kidding me when u even say that...the thing is basically a freakin computer...a blu ray player alone can cost u anywhere from 400 - 1000..then u throw the graphics into (here come the fanboys saying they dont need graphics) play and u got one heck of a machine for that price...to me its a bargin and not overpriced

Member #
    Friends
    the wii should be aroun 200 USD in my opinion. your paying top dollar for six year old technology, guy at my local gamestop told me that and it's pretty much true.

as for the PS3 id say it's not overpriced. 600 was a bit steep but 400 for a blu-ray player? free online? built in wi-fi? top of the line hardware? yeah... the 360 is more expensive if you look at it this way. i think none of the consoles are overpriced (wii is cool, so the fact that it's old technology makes doesnt matter that much in the big picture)

i could go on for ever on why the PS3 is a good deal at $400.00 but i wont bore anybody. lol

Gamertag/PSN ID=SensesFailxWiix if you add me send me a message via console or wiichat

Member #
    Friends
    3517-9799-4262-2418
    Quote Originally Posted by SensesFail
    the wii should be aroun 200 USD in my opinion. your paying top dollar for six year old technology, guy at my local gamestop told me that and it's pretty much true.

as for the PS3 id say it's not overpriced. 600 was a bit steep but 400 for a blu-ray player? free online? built in wi-fi? top of the line hardware? yeah... the 360 is more expensive if you look at it this way. i think none of the consoles are overpriced (wii is cool, so the fact that it's old technology makes doesnt matter that much in the big picture)

i could go on for ever on why the PS3 is a good deal at $400.00 but i wont bore anybody. lol

I completely agree.
    even if you only used PS3 as a Blu-Ray DVD player its worth the price since the price of a decent BRDVD player tends to be much higher than $400.

kyle

I am fast. To give you a reference point, I'm somewhere between a snake and a mongoose. And a panther.
    ~Argue for your limitations,and they're yours...
    -Feel free to add my wii and send me a message and i'll add you back
    -Mario Strikers Charged: 442495 403215
    -MoH: H2 Persona- DexterMorgan114

Member #
    Friends
    Worth? You mean does the hardware cost/manufacturing value equal or better the actual price of the machine? From all the numbers I've seen, the PS3 is/was the best deal out of all three, even when it was at the $600 price point. The Wii is/was overcharging the most for it's hardware... again, from the numbers that I have seen.
    Last edited by Budo; 12-13-2007 at 09:19 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    The Wii isn't old hardware....It's some of the latest with the best controls....It ISN'T overpriced at all.....one of my friends had their ps3 and it freakin broke after having it for 2 months....Sony did send him a new one but a blue ray disk player is basicly a dvd that has a tux on because a movie is just a movie....there was no need to make it a blue ray player......2 words.....more money. Thats all they did it for.......Not for the players but nintendo cares about wat the players want to see in games....It only took sony 1year and 3months to make the ps3 and Nintendo began the revolution/wii 2 months after the gamecube....Sony wouldn't even had made the ps3 if it were not for xbox 360 and wii.......Sony sucks and Nintendo rules....end of story!!!!
    Is that a dead kangaroo???

Waiting For Tomorrow largedarry's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    8861-8821-7046-6197
    Truthfully I think the Wii is probably over-priced. Since Nintendo is the only company that is actually making money on the console, that combined with them selling so many should drop the manufacturing costs even more. They should actually be down to $200.

The PS3 is horribly underpriced for what you get. Basically there is roughly $1200 worth of hardware in the system, and Sony is losing so much money on the console just because they are trying to get it to sell. (It still cost too much for me and the $400 PS3 loses a LOT of features)
    "There are many causes that I am prepared to die for but no causes that I am prepared to kill for." Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

"I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidD
    I wish everyone would read the damn manual instead of posting a post about a dumbass question like the one asked in this thread.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    lol u have to be kidding me with this one right?

Quote Originally Posted by ZelDAgAMer
    nintendo cares about wat the players want to see in games
    Nintendo can give two craps about us...first off the Wii was only supposed to be released in Japan for them only NOT the U.S or Europe..Second..if they cared SOOO much then why not fit the needs that gamers want, since nintendo has been in the gaming industry longer then most if not all other developers..

and blu ray is the same as a reg dvd?!?!? are u kidding me?!?!...the quality and features and just everything is SOO much better...and a movie is not just a movie...depending on the expierance u have watching a movie can make it that much better...for example watching the movie 300 is a sony imax theater is one hell of a expierance and better then watchin in at home.
    Last edited by Bliss; 12-13-2007 at 10:00 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    Why would you say they shouldn't have put a blue-ray player in? The ps3 market is a market that is more into the high definition aspect of gaming and what not. So why not throw in one of the better blue-ray players you can get for a cheaper price. Good selling point. PS3 not overpriced

Ads