Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2429-4615-8570-1814
    Quote Originally Posted by laruli
    Closest she has ever come to gaming in the sense you mean is the DS with several Pokemon (her only request) we got her last year. I'm told the Pearl and Black Diamond games can be played with Wii somehow?

I have played a bit of DaOC, EQ2 and Vanguard. So, yes, I will probably find myself joining the kids - if there is ever room. Mostly though, the kids like their "nearly adult free" time.
    yes i heard you can connect your ds to the wii with wifi ir something and download your pokemon from your ds to the pokemon revalotion game but im not 100% shure abot that i haveint tryed yet

2000 - 2007 DragonForce

Member #
    Friends
    2482-6460-3144-9934
    I have a Wii (sports package w/game/controller/nunchuk) under the tree for my daughter. It is joined by:

Super Paper Mario
    Resident Evil: Umbrella Chron.
    Mario Strikers Charged
    Guitar Hero III
    Sonic and the Secret Rings
    Zelda Twilight Princess
    DDR: Hottest Party (w/mat)
    Link's Crossbow Training (w/zapper)

1 Classic Controller
    1 extra remote
    1 extra nunchuk
    3 extra dance pads
    2000 Points
    Accessory pack (tennis racket, baseball bat, boxing gloves, golf club, steering wheel, gun, 2 x 1800 mah batteries (w/cords), grip, skins, protector)

Wow, listing it here makes it sound huge...anyway...She is home schooled and often has multiple friends come over when her work is done to play and hang out. We figured this would be a good safe haven to keep the kids out of trouble but I don't want her spending a ton of time alone on it.

What games listed play with how many people? (I'm told DDR:HP can play up to 4 people at one time - thus the extra dance pads.)

What games (listed and out there) are best with at least 2 and preferably up to 4 (I assume this is the max number wii can handle at one time?)

With more duplicate accessories, will more players play at the same time? So I should I have a set of 4 everything? (accessories, remotes, nunchuks, etc.)

What is the 2000 pts for?

How many batteries can the Wii charge at one time?

What should I be asking and what can I expect when this thing is hooked up?
    Am I missing anything?

I'm clueless here and don't see the point of shelling out this kind of cash if we don't take advantage of all the Wii has to offer.
    The wiisports package is unneccessary (tennis racket etc).

Other than that, thats one good list

-=Join The Waluigi Fan Club=-

Spoiler Alert!

52 Members and still growing!

Member #
    Friends
    I never understood the point of "finishing" a video game - enjoy it until its dull, shelf it, enjoy it some more later - but thats just me.

Anyway, How do I tell how many players they can play? Frankly I'm a little disappointed that so many people are gasping at the money rather than answering the questions. Not that its anyone's business but we work out a budget at the beginning of the year and feed money into it all year specifically for Christmas. And at this point we aren't even close to hitting our cap. If you have kids then you know that spending $25 a week on little crap, fast food, etc... is easy to do - we don't do that.

Anyway back to the point: The multiplayer games do allow all players to play at the same time? Therefore, I need more accessories/remotes?

The batteries in this accessory pack come w/wires that I believe hook up to the wii - correct? So the wii is charging them? But how many can it charge at one time? Anyone know?

Member #
    Friends
    2429-4615-8570-1814
    How do I tell how many players they can play?
    it normaly says on the back of the game case

2000 - 2007 DragonForce

Member #
    Friends
    2482-6460-3144-9934
    I never understood the point of "finishing" a video game - enjoy it until its dull, shelf it, enjoy it some more later - but thats just me.

Anyway, How do I tell how many players they can play? Frankly I'm a little disappointed that so many people are gasping at the money rather than answering the questions. Not that its anyone's business but we work out a budget at the beginning of the year and feed money into it all year specifically for Christmas. And at this point we aren't even close to hitting our cap. If you have kids then you know that spending $25 a week on little crap, fast food, etc... is easy to do - we don't do that.

Anyway back to the point: The multiplayer games do allow all players to play at the same time? Therefore, I need more accessories/remotes?

The batteries in this accessory pack come w/wires that I believe hook up to the wii - correct? So the wii is charging them? But how many can it charge at one time? Anyone know?
    Not sure about the charging, but you need more controllers.

As you have money to spare on the budget, I suggest you get 3 more wiimotes and 3 more nunchucks so as to allow for 4 player games.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    2429-4615-8570-1814
    if or if there all readdy is a mario party comeing to wii that would be a ideal game for a group of 4 people to play its liek a bord game with mini games its super fun with lots of people

2000 - 2007 DragonForce

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by FRuMMaGe
    The wiisports package is unneccessary (tennis racket etc).

Other than that, thats one good list
    hrm...unnecessary but fun or a joke that no one bothers to use?

If I'm understanding correctly, you swing the remote or whatever to simulate actions in game. Thus, remembering these are early age teenagers that will be playing, isn't she/aren't they going to get the most enjoyment out of everyone that is playing at the same time having a racket or whatever rather than just a remote in their hands? Which brings me back to my original question...do I need 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, etc... of each of those to bring maximum enjoyment of the game (and why would be nice )?

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by FRuMMaGe
    Not sure about the charging, but you need more controllers.

As you have money to spare on the budget, I suggest you get 3 more wiimotes and 3 more nunchucks so as to allow for 4 player games.

I have 2 total remotes and 2 total nunchuks so I need 2 more of each? 4 people really can play this at the same time? Not like 1 person plays then its the next person's turn - hand over the remote? (Yes I know I'm old when thats the only multi player video game I've ever played.)

Member #
    Friends
    2429-4615-8570-1814
    yah the wiisports package is just a bunch of chunks of plastic and are just annoying my frined has them but we never use them and the max ammount of remotes you will ever need to have is 4 becuse thats the max ammount you can use on a wii inless one gets thrown across a room and breaks but nintendo suff are super hard to break

2000 - 2007 DragonForce

Member #
    Friends
    2482-6460-3144-9934
    I have 2 total remotes and 2 total nunchuks so I need 2 more of each? 4 people really can play this at the same time? Not like 1 person plays then its the next person's turn - hand over the remote? (Yes I know I'm old when thats the only multi player video game I've ever played.)
    Yes, 4 player simultaneous.

Also, the wiisports attachments are just gimmicky plastic used to try and cash in on the Wiis success.

The whole point of the Wii is so you don't HAVE to hold a tennis racket

EDIT: Also, you can play games online. Such as Mario Strikers Charged

Spoiler Alert!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Ads