LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I found a site while screwing around this morning that you guys might be interested in. Check it out Nintendo Wii.

Member #
    Friends
    ^Not bad...i was going to be so mad if it was a link that city thing that one guy was posting ,

XboxGamerTag=IQuickReflexI

Strike=Have

X-Mas Wish List :
    PlayStation 3,Call of Duty 4,Guitar Hero 3(w/ 2 Guitars)Assassin's Creed(Mayb),Oblivion,Ps3 Control.

PSN ID : Mc_Evan

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by yungblood6
    http://wii.qj.net/Fils-Aime-Nintendo.../49/aid/109829

You have the best selling, fastest selling console for little more than a year and you are just now recently upgrading production? IMO i would have done this half way thru the year. Of course we know you cant slow down production because that would just be a disaster for you. But im glad you got your head straight and are trying to get on the ball with it.

Then you have this:
    "Fils-Aime also continued that vast majority of the gaming demographic are the active or core gamers, and not the casual gamers as it is widely believed. "They're the ones willing to wait in line outside of retailers before dawn, so we're only seeing a small tip of the iceberg in terms of actually selling to those expanded players," he said."

We were trying to tell you this from the begining! But you had your head stuck so far up your ass you didnt realize this.

I don't know what it was that made them open there eyes but its about damn time, I feel a little better going into 2008 for the wii now.
    I do too!

The bottom line is that they are changing their focus to more esperienced gamers. Now I think they will be able to strike a better balance tween core and casual gamers. Now that Nintendo is taking the lead, third parties will finaley wake up and make some meaty games for us! We ALL win now. Cheers to 2008!

As for increaseing production, I think you were a little too harsh. It is not as simple as just opening a new factory. It takes at least 6months to tool up a new factory to increase production of a product. There are factors involved that you or I don't see because we are not running a mulitibillion dollar company. I'm just glad that Nintedo HAS increased production because the more wii's made, the more they sell, the more in homes, the greater the possibility that third parties will stop slackin off and take the little white box more seriously! Let us see what will happen in 2008.

Member #
    Friends
    it realy doesnt mean any thing other than they don't look at the wii as just a casual game machine anymore. I just posted the article because I find it funny that game developers and now nintendo are finnaly admiting that its not all about the casual gamer for the wii.

Now the shitty image of the wii as a "Kiddy Casual" machine can go DIE already!

It doesnt realy mean any thing but the possiblity that games are going to be a little better than this year. But like i have said before nintendo wasnt the problem in my eyes any way. It was the third party developers. I have enjoyed most of nintendoes games that have come out so far. Except mario party 8(im just not into those unless im real drunk and playing with girls, or kids)Please peopel don't take that last comment to the head!

Let us hope that things get better from here on out!

Member #
    Friends
    3732-3369-2853-4491
    maybe they will now get started on hard drives and voice chat!! i posted an article with reggie saying they were considering it earlier.

more importantly, maybe this means the official nintendo seal will go back to the good old nintendo seal OF QUALITY!
    Strikers FC:025884-970933
    RIP: Hidden in Plain View, Counterfit Pennies, The Early November

thanks to idjut for the sig!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by samXcor3
    maybe they will now get started on hard drives and voice chat!! i posted an article with reggie saying they were considering it earlier.

more importantly, maybe this means the official nintendo seal will go back to the good old nintendo seal OF QUALITY!

Since the preception of quality is so subjective to each individual, I think the seal was more for the actual quality of the PHYSICAL product itself.

Member #
    Friends
    5134-2285-1457-3930
    Quote Originally Posted by romj
    I do too!

The bottom line is that they are changing their focus to more esperienced gamers. Now I think they will be able to strike a better balance tween core and casual gamers. Now that Nintendo is taking the lead, third parties will finaley wake up and make some meaty games for us! We ALL win now. Cheers to 2008!

As for increaseing production, I think you were a little too harsh. It is not as simple as just opening a new factory. It takes at least 6months to tool up a new factory to increase production of a product. There are factors involved that you or I don't see because we are not running a mulitibillion dollar company. I'm just glad that Nintedo HAS increased production because the more wii's made, the more they sell, the more in homes, the greater the possibility that third parties will stop slackin off and take the little white box more seriously! Let us see what will happen in 2008.
    Actually it is as simple as just opening a new factory. lol not like that but that simple. At first they didnt want and didnt feel the need to open another factory now they are and are even considering opening one in the us(but i heard that plan fell thru they think the wii would get leaked or somthing like that so they are keeping mf in the east)After 3 months of not being able to keep a product in stock should be the time when you think about uping production. they were so scared of having over supply they didnt go thru with it.

As what another poster said about a price cut. lol keep wishing there is no reason for one. If it was even going to happen it wouldnt be till after next holiday.
    Don't Be A Fan Boy Its Not Benaficial

Member #
    Friends
    It would definitely be good to see harder, more advanced games come to the Wii. I'd like to see some of the co-op gameplay FPS/Third Person games that the industry seems to be finally putting out in particular. Just anything that requires more thought/tactics in general is good.

Where is your god now? zapasant's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    2887-9874-6238-6951
    Quote Originally Posted by onespot
    I found a site while screwing around this morning that you guys might be interested in. Check it out Nintendo Wii.

haha i thouhgt you were a damn advertizer thanks for the link, nice find

to young, very well written statement, im also glad ninty is stepping it up to another level, nice find, thanks for sharing

PSN ID: zapasant93

Member #
    Friends
    2294-2353-1207-3330
    The vast majority of people who've purchased the system are active or core players. They're the ones willing to wait in line outside of retailers before dawn, so we're only seeing a small tip of the iceberg in terms of actually selling to those expanded players. ... We won't know the extent of demand until we reach it.
    All I see here is Reggie saying that gamers are the ones willing to wait in-line to buy the Wii. That the other interested people aren't waiting and Nintendo won't really know what the demographic is until they've sold more Wii's.

I have seen reports that say that the average age of console owners to be 25, PC owners to be 33. So the average age of 29 either increases the console age or decreases the gaming age.

That other article linked to Nintendo Wii Outlet is poorly written.
    Wiiaffied : April 22, 2007
    Accessorwiis : 4 sets of motes and chucks, 2 motionPlus, 1 dance pad, Wii Zapper, colored battery doors, component cables, aluminum travel case
    Gamiis : Wii Sports, Elebits, Big Brain Academy, DDR : Hottest Party, Battalion Wars 2, Mario & Sonic at the Olympics, Medal of Honor : Heroes 2, Rayman Raving Rabbids 2, Rayman Rabbids TV Party, Tiger Woods 08, EA Sports Active, Game Party 1&2, Punch Out, Wii Sports Resort

Do you Wii-B-q?

Ads