+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5134-2285-1457-3930

Nintendo has finaly woke up!

http://wii.qj.net/Fils-Aime-Nintendo.../49/aid/109829

You have the best selling, fastest selling console for little more than a year and you are just now recently upgrading production? IMO i would have done this half way thru the year. Of course we know you cant slow down production because that would just be a disaster for you. But im glad you got your head straight and are trying to get on the ball with it.

Then you have this:
    "Fils-Aime also continued that vast majority of the gaming demographic are the active or core gamers, and not the casual gamers as it is widely believed. "They're the ones willing to wait in line outside of retailers before dawn, so we're only seeing a small tip of the iceberg in terms of actually selling to those expanded players," he said."

We were trying to tell you this from the begining! But you had your head stuck so far up your ass you didnt realize this.

I don't know what it was that made them open there eyes but its about damn time, i feel a little better going into 2008 for the wii now.
    Don't Be A Fan Boy Its Not Benaficial

Do you feel lucky punk? wombateer's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1598-2070-0499-1045
    God Fils- Aime is scary, and yes do wii see the light!

Beyond Courage Lies Freedom!
    "It takes one man too start a war... and many die ending it!"

Plz add me I need friends...

Member #
    Friends
    Thats a good thing to hear .

XboxGamerTag=IQuickReflexI

Strike=Have

X-Mas Wish List :
    PlayStation 3,Call of Duty 4,Guitar Hero 3(w/ 2 Guitars)Assassin's Creed(Mayb),Oblivion,Ps3 Control.

PSN ID : Mc_Evan

Confiscation of the Mind iOwnage's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    8957-2822-1883-9918
    Im glad he is finally noticing the core gamers now

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Member #
    Friends
    good article, glad to hear this.

Gamertag/PSN ID=SensesFailxWiix if you add me send me a message via console or wiichat

Member #
    Friends
    Whatever a NOA says it doesn't dictate the focus of a company. People put to much value on Regie's words. He says one thing one day and the opposite the next. Anyway I'm confident in Nintendo like I have always been.
    Wii games: Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Resident Evil 4, Zelda TP, SSX: Blur, Excite Truck, The Godfather, and Mario Kart Wii
    PC games: Call of Duty 4, Halo 1, UT3, F.E.A.R., and The Orange Box.
    PS3 games: Ratchet and Clank F.T.O.D., Resistance 2, Wipeout HD, and MGS4.

Member #
    Friends
    4852-2798-1791-1875
    Hold on. Hold on. By noticing "core gamers" does this mean we might actually see some "video games" and less easy, to play virtual reality type of stuff.

Example... FPS Shooters and stuff???

Somebody fill me in. Im having trouble interpreing EXACTLY what that article meant. What does this mean we can look forward to possibly in 2008?

Member #
    Friends
    5134-2285-1457-3930
    its not the point of if he changes his words, we all know he does that. but its about time he reliezed that the casual gamer is not the majority in the game industry, and not the ones spending the most money on games, and systems. We the core and active gamers are the ones spending the money! it was just plain stupid for them to think other wise. I see that a lot of wii purchasers are casual gamers but i can almost garentee you that more people bought the wii that bought other nintendo consoles, as well as consoles from other companies. That was evedent at launch what casual gamer is going to camp out in front of a store to get a wii? or to get games? Just look at the New york launch alone im a hardcore gamer and i wouldnt even stand in a line that long to get a wii yet alone some one who doesnt game like that. Ony the die hard fans, and advid gamers are going to do that.

Member #
    Friends
    5134-2285-1457-3930
    Quote Originally Posted by SHORTFUZ3D
    Hold on. Hold on. By noticing "core gamers" does this mean we might actually see some "video games" and less easy, to play virtual reality type of stuff.

Example... FPS Shooters and stuff???

Somebody fill me in. Im having trouble interpreing EXACTLY what that article meant. What does this mean we can look forward to possibly in 2008?
    it realy doesnt mean any thing other than they don't look at the wii as just a casual game machine anymore. I just posted the article because I find it funny that game developers and now nintendo are finnaly admiting that its not all about the casual gamer for the wii. It doesnt realy mean any thing but the possiblity that games are going to be a little better than this year. But like i have said before nintendo wasnt the problem in my eyes any way. It was the third party developers. I have enjoyed most of nintendoes games that have come out so far. Except mario party 8(im just not into those unless im real drunk and playing with girls, or kids)Please peopel don't take that last comment to the head!

Member #
    Friends
    4496-9128-1304-3457
    I mentioned this in another thread. If Nintendo keeps ramping up production in 2008, and does a price drop, we are looking at the first console in history to sell 50 million units in 2 years. Now I'm referring to a $100 price drop, and a production ramp of 3-4 million units a month starting around June 2008. That's 50% of the PS2 sales in 6 years done in 2 years.

Reggie mentions voice chat possible in 2008. The only real thorn is avoiding, turning on VC online multiplayer (as mentioned by Reggie it's something they can do, but won't at least for 2008). That's the only thing next year I see will hurt Nintendo. Microsoft, Sony can capitalize on that heavily next year with Live and Home.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads