LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinty
    Maybe a basic question, but what is so good about Halo 3?
    Good combo of story, action...and of course the heavy Multiplayer, the ability to design your own maps, make changes mid-game, etc. There are whole clans based just on the MP aspect of Halo 3.

It's a fun game, but it's not something that can be emulated without making it easier for the Wii.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    3598-1913-0901-5292
    But doesn't it get a little repetitive? I mean, once you've shot one alien, you've shot them all.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0001
    Can't the same be said about any other game. For example, once you've killed a gumba, you've killed them all. Or the fighting of mario vs bowser over and over again?

Join The Sonic Fan Club! FLYNNN's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0204-2578-2014-7346
    Quote Originally Posted by Syntax
    Can't the same be said about any other game. For example, once you've killed a gumba, you've killed them all. Or the fighting of mario vs bowser over and over again?
    Well said, I was going to say the same thing, but you beat me to it. Halo has more replay value than any other game I know, and I should know I played form release until two weeks ago when my Box broke. Yeah it gets repetitive but the video game industry would be dead if you thought about like that dude.
    Currently Owned Nintendo Games: Wii Sports, Super Mario Galaxy, Medal of Honor: Heroes 2, Guitar Hero III, Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario World, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

-=Join the Sonic Fan Club=-
    Current Members:
    Spoiler Alert!

Brawl Friend Code: 0173-0953-7101

Member #
    Friends
    3480-6187-2679-2938
    Quote Originally Posted by Meesterjoj
    There is no way the hardcore FPS gamers would be able to get the same acuracy and detailed control with the Wii. Even RE4, as an example, is dummied up to accommodate the Wii/controls. There's only so much you can do with the control format, and Halo...Gears of War...UT3...it just seems too much, too fast paced for the lil Wii.
    Lol, are you serious? Wii controls are only second to the traditional keyboard and mouse, which is where the real twitch reflexes lie. Maybe you've never held a rifle before, the Wii offers a far more realistic control than analog sticks ever can. All that is needed, is to make turning with the wiimote faster (you can adjust the speed of which you turn in MOH:H2). Then twitch gaming will be like traditional arcades again, except you'll have more freedom and it wont be on the rails.
    Would like a sig to enter here.

I have two personalities: Personality 1/Social/school= Metro/Skate/surf brand clothes and jokes. Personality 2/Wiichat=... Grammer and long words.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    3598-1913-0901-5292
    NO, that can't be said. In Halo you are equiped with a variety of weapons, all of which have the same basic purpose - killing stuff. You plow through hoards of aliens, blasting and shooting, and certainly that can be fun... it just doesn't make Halo in any way different from say Goldeneye (O.K. the Halo graphics are slightly better...). But with something like Mario Galaxy, no two stars are the same and you've always got a different mission to complete. But, hey, I'm not saying Halo's rubbish, far from it. I've played through one and two on co-op and really enjoyed them and at the end of the day it's just about what type of game each individual likes to play and rubbishing the others consoles just seems a waste of time.

P.S. Didn't mean to be argumentative.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Meesterjoj
    There is no way the hardcore FPS gamers would be able to get the same acuracy and detailed control with the Wii. Even RE4, as an example, is dummied up to accommodate the Wii/controls. There's only so much you can do with the control format, and Halo...Gears of War...UT3...it just seems too much, too fast paced for the lil Wii.
    RE4 is a bad example on your part as the controls allow greater accuracy and more rapid aiming than a regular controller, which is actually listed as a fault in some reviews as it makes the game too easy.
    And even if the Wii controls were marginally inferior, plenty of people have made the transition from mouse and keyboard on PC to using the much inferior (for FPS's) controller on xbox or PS3.

Join The Sonic Fan Club! FLYNNN's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0204-2578-2014-7346
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinty
    NO, that can't be said. In Halo you are equiped with a variety of weapons, all of which have the same basic purpose - killing stuff. You plow through hoards of aliens, blasting and shooting, and certainly that can be fun... it just doesn't make Halo in any way different from say Goldeneye (O.K. the Halo graphics are slightly better...). But with something like Mario Galaxy, no two stars are the same and you've always got a different mission to complete. But, hey, I'm not saying Halo's rubbish, far from it. I've played through one and two on co-op and really enjoyed them and at the end of the day it's just about what type of game each individual likes to play and rubbishing the others consoles just seems a waste of time.

P.S. Didn't mean to be argumentative.
    Sorry but I thought this thread was about shooters, when it comes to shooters it's almost always the same idea and is very repetitive but Mario doesn't fall into the shooter genre (Although I think he should, lol ) But anyway the game industry wouldn't be anywhere as big as it is today without shooters like Halo, IMO.
    Currently Owned Nintendo Games: Wii Sports, Super Mario Galaxy, Medal of Honor: Heroes 2, Guitar Hero III, Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario World, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

-=Join the Sonic Fan Club=-
    Current Members:
    Spoiler Alert!

Brawl Friend Code: 0173-0953-7101

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0001
    The thing is, that the two games differ greatly that there isn't a single method in which these two games can be compared. Both of these have their differences. For example, Halo 3 is more popular with the online ability. Whereas, Super Mario Galaxy has a more popular/enjoyable campaign mode. Thus, one game focused solely on the online aspect and the other on the campaign. Which, in return, makes it hard to compare both games. Also, I'm not saying that the Wii is bad. In fact, I own both consoles and plan on picking myself up a copy of SMG this Christmas.

Member #
    Friends
    3598-1913-0901-5292
    I only mentioned Mario because somebody said stomping Goombas is repetitive... and there is a very small aspect of shooter in Mario Galaxy (very small)

Ads