Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6555-2844-7958-4986
    Ahh, a kid to burn. Ok this is what I think:

1. Yeah, the graphics do suck but it's not a reason why a system would fail. Look at the DS and PSP. People obviously choose game play over graphics. I think you're wrong in this argument.
    2. The Xbox 360 is still using DVD's to play games too. People are going to think twice before they start making games solely on HD-DVD's because the HD-DVD drive doesn't come with the 360, its sold separately.
    3. 360 uses batteries too.
    4. Yeah, I agree that it sucks that the Wii can't play DVD's but it's not going to be a reason its going to fail because almost everyone has a DVD player.
    5. The reason most 3rd party games is just because they're rushing shit out just to have it out because the Wii is doing very well. Metroid was meant for Wii and this is just the first year, so chill out.
    6. The Wii having that whole Wii Remote was the whole idea of the Wii. You thinking its a gimmick is your opinion and it's pretty obvious developers don't care if their games look like shit since they rush shit out on the Wii. Look at other games like MP3, SMG, and RE4. Having graphics that good on a weak machine takes time.

I got to say that every argument on this post are just dumb.
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by AxelStone
    Ok heres a list of reasons why I believe the Wii will die the death is surely deserves, debate would be appreciated.

1. It is based on a nancy Gamecube ATi graphics processor while the 360 and PS3 are based on innovative NVIDIA processors.graphics dont matter to the casual gamer, wich is what the wii targets. for many wii owners, it's their first video game console
    2. It's medium; DVD pales in comparison to HD-DVD xbox doesnt use HD-DVD for games, nice try, they use DVDsand Blu Ray and when games start to become to large to fit on DVD's again, 360 games are on DVDs, do some research dumbassdevelopers will begin to turn away from the Wii.
    3. It's controller uses batteries which are ultimately expensive.what console doesnt use batteries now a days? seriously.. it's called rechargeable batteries, every console has them
    4. It is unable to play DVD's, HD-DVD's or Blu Ray OR play generic video files. Oh but it can display static photos, hardcore.cause watching movies on your 360 is HARDCORE!!!1!!1 right? actually, the DVD player in the 360 is total crap, read some reviews on it cause most will tell you its one of the worst ever. sure you can buy an extra HD-DVD player for 179 but it wont ever be used for games
    5. Most of the games on the Wii are shallow First Party or Third Party titles which are essentially just re-hashed versions of past games (Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 3MP3 is a remake? really? what console was it on before the wii? oh wait..it was developed for the wii and is considered one of the best games out for it, mostly for it's perfect controls. etc.). Also some Third Party developers have begun to release generic puzzle or simple 3D side scrollers which is an example of how developers don't actually take the console seriously.no, they sell, and that means they make money, wich means they are happy to make games for wii
    6. In the end if the Wii didn't have the Wii-mote it would simply be a rather ordinary, graphically unimpressive console no shit, the motion controls are the only reason to buy a wii, are u serious? lolthat focuses mainly on party gamesagain, casual gamers are the target audience, not hardcore with little one player incentives to survive. mario galaxy? zelda? metroid? heroes 2? disaster? i could go on and on. It's gimmick incarnate and when developers begin to say "Hey! our games look like shit on this thing!!" yeah, that would happen, its all about money for developers. support will dry up and you will all be left out in the cold.

Now let's have some rebuttle.
    so in conclusion your a moron.

and just so you know, i am in no way a wii fanboy, i sold my wii to get a PS3 to go with my 360. so dont even try that argument on me.

Gamertag/PSN ID=SensesFailxWiix if you add me send me a message via console or wiichat

Member #
    Friends
    5947-9433-5484-3177
    those 6 reasons are just minor problems you personally dont like about wii.

Member #
    Friends
    6555-2844-7958-4986
    Quote Originally Posted by SensesFail
    so in conclusion your a moron.

and just so you know, i am in no way a wii fanboy, i sold my wii to get a PS3 to go with my 360. so dont even try that argument on me.
    OMG He makes sense. lol
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Six Reasons Why You're Gay:

1: You join a wii chat to flame a console, clearly looking for an internet fight
    2: Your name of choice is AxelStone
    3: Your arguments were completely wrong for the most part, making you a dumbass.
    4: Your second post, asking us to tell you reasons to buy a wii, competely conflicts with your original, wii hating post.
    5: You probably dont own a single next gen console, and your most likly pissed you spent all your money on a gamecube last gen.
    6: Because i said so.

see, i can make things up too.

Gamertag/PSN ID=SensesFailxWiix if you add me send me a message via console or wiichat

Member #
    Friends
    Agree ^

XboxGamerTag=IQuickReflexI

Strike=Have

X-Mas Wish List :
    PlayStation 3,Call of Duty 4,Guitar Hero 3(w/ 2 Guitars)Assassin's Creed(Mayb),Oblivion,Ps3 Control.

PSN ID : Mc_Evan

Member #
    Friends
    0043-8297-5222-0219
    Thanks! now I feel terrible.

Currently Playing: Zelda-Twilight Princess

Member #
    Friends
    3732-3369-2853-4491
    Quote Originally Posted by SensesFail
    Six Reasons Why You're Gay:

1: You join a wii chat to flame a console, clearly looking for an internet fight
    2: Your name of choice is AxelStone
    3: Your arguments were completely wrong for the most part, making you a dumbass.
    4: Your second post, asking us to tell you reasons to buy a wii, competely conflicts with your original, wii hating post.
    5: You probably dont own a single next gen console, and your most likly pissed you spent all your money on a gamecube last gen.
    6: Because i said so.

see, i can make things up too.

haha, this guy... *shakes head playfully*^^

ok, well I will say this, if you take away their graphics cards what the hell are ps3 and 360? Oh yeah, a PS2 and original xbox.
    So you can either take stance A) 360 and ps3 add not much new in terms of actual gameplay advancement, or B) Take away the wiimote and the wii is a little bit more powerful than the cube, and in the same boat as ps3 and 360 in terms of advancing the system.

Also, people buy DVD players to watch DVDs. The casual Wii-ster doesn't say I want a Wii to play DVDs, they say Wii is fun, and yeah I want that, and also the PS3 and 360 are intimidating with their talk of Blu Ray vs HD DVD or any other add on which you could possibly think of.

Nintendo is building up their casual base and advancing the system along with it. When Nintendo has a hard drive ready, hardcore wii owners will breathe relief while casuals say, hmm, this might be worth my time I may have to look into it.

And by the way, your entire post, OP is essentially negated since you are not really looking for answers, just an argument, considering you used the term "nancy" to describe the Wii's processor. Wait, can you name a % of Wii owners who know/care what a processor is?

Hmm...
    Strikers FC:025884-970933
    RIP: Hidden in Plain View, Counterfit Pennies, The Early November

thanks to idjut for the sig!

Member #
    Friends
    4496-9128-1304-3457
    It's a console. People buy consoles to have fun. If fun can be obtained at a reasonable price, then the consumers will go there. This is what put the PS2 on top, and is what will put the Wii on top. It's simply the most affordable console to make games on, and buy games for.

Last I checked the Wii is winning. Let us know when this changes. So 5-6 years from now.

Member #
    Friends
    3732-3369-2853-4491
    just wanted to come by before i go to bed and say this guy's still wrong....
    Strikers FC:025884-970933
    RIP: Hidden in Plain View, Counterfit Pennies, The Early November

thanks to idjut for the sig!

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Ads