LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    i don't agree with all of that guys views but I agree that Nintendo should've put a new graphics engine in it and then I'm sure it would've got all of the sweet titles PS3 and 360 gets such as COD4 and GTA4, and if those games ever do come to the console they need to make a better old school type controller instead of the classic because some games just work better with old school controls

Wiichats Idiot Identifier balrogs.pa's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0588-9206-9468-1123
    Quote Originally Posted by MVGeneral
    "The fall of wii" Wii can't fall. Because it has already won. Outselling the xbox and the Ps3 wasn't what the compony was expecting, but it happend and for christmas stores are out of stock to the ever so popular wii. Wii falling is surely not an option or possiblity even if they were to try. But loss of interest is, but that is also very very slim like 99 to 1 (out of 99 posiblities theres always that 1). Before i had the wii console how much did i think how the wiimote is going to tackle down this game and then this and then so on and so forth. Im not the only one.

Graphics does not make a Gaming console a gaming console. Gameplay does, and a part of gameplay is the new motion sensing capability that wii pulls off flawlessly. Wii made the best buisness choice from all 3 systems. Not adding all these mombo-jumbos (ex. dvd player/blueray player and etc) that just make the consoles high in price. People buy Game consoles for the purpose of gaming, not to watch dvd movies. Everyone has dvd players and people have HD-DVD players already (i know i do). Hands down Nintendo did the smartest. They've patented the wii/mote. Wow imagen the next consoles. When graphics get better it ultimately varies in small comparison how far can Microsoft and Sony go. But on the other hand the nintendo can make another console with the graphics that the Ps3 and 360 have, for their next console and it would be cheaper than the next sony cosole and the microsoft console. Nintendo made the best buisness decision. In other words Nintendo OWNS the ps3 and xbox.
    I should rep you but im lazy. I dont know how many idiots are out there saying the wii is going to fail. when you buy a console you will not return it, why? because there is always a great game for it and you could always sell it for 2x the money. and i hate how people are complaining about DVD players i have 7 in my damn house! counting all the computers laptops consoles and the real one!
    Mario Kart DS 438194819390
    People i respect on this forum: Atomic,Santa Claws,Frogger,Cyan,Levesque, Balrogs.pain, Shoko, MushroomedMario, sremick
    I make my avatars/signatures!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    5. Most of the games on the Wii are shallow First Party or Third Party titles which are essentially just re-hashed versions of past games (Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 3 etc.).
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Compared to the other big titles on the other consoles?

MGS4, Halo 3, FFXIII, the videogame industry is full of sequels that could be labeled as rehashes.

I really don't understand why some people hate the Wii. It is lacking in good third party support but it's still a great system. The controller works extremely well for a lot of games too, so I'm not even gonna argue with you there.

I approached with an open mind.
    Wii games: Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Resident Evil 4, Zelda TP, SSX: Blur, Excite Truck, The Godfather, and Mario Kart Wii
    PC games: Call of Duty 4, Halo 1, UT3, F.E.A.R., and The Orange Box.
    PS3 games: Ratchet and Clank F.T.O.D., Resistance 2, Wipeout HD, and MGS4.

Member #
    Friends
    0043-8297-5222-0219
    Wii will Wii will rock you...

Currently Playing: Zelda-Twilight Princess

Member #
    Friends
    I will reply to all your arguments because everyone else does it as well and I'm sensitive to hypes.

1. It is based on a nancy Gamecube ATi graphics processor while the 360 and PS3 are based on innovative NVIDIA processors.
    The wii graphic capabilities are fine. They're not great, perhaps even dated, but I don't mind a couple less polygons as long as the art design is great. NVIDIA cards are not innovative, they're just more powerful. Yes, there's a difference.

2. It's medium; DVD pales in comparison to HD-DVD and Blu Ray and when games start to become to large to fit on DVD's developers will begin to turn away from the Wii.
    They're discs, you can burn data on them. The only two differences is that HD discs can produce a higher resolution invisible to the human eye and it's more expensive.

3. It's controller uses batteries which are ultimately expensive.
    All next-gen consoles require batteries. Rechargable batteries are not expensive in the long run.

4. It is unable to play DVD's, HD-DVD's or Blu Ray OR play generic video files. Oh but it can display static photos, hardcore.
    My DVD player plays movies and so does anyone else's DVD player that by now everyone in the world has. Hardcore!!!l!!LOL!!|!

5. Most of the games on the Wii are shallow First Party or Third Party titles which are essentially just re-hashed versions of past games (Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 3 etc.).
    Games on other console are either shooters or quizes. I prefer sequels to popular franchises.

6. In the end if the Wii didn't have the Wii-mote it would simply be a rather ordinary, graphically unimpressive console
    But it isn't because it DOES have a wiimote! Isn't that amazing! And if the PS3 and the 360 didn't have cables to connect them to TV screens, they would just be decoration, but they are not. Isn't that incredible?

Reasons why the PS3 sucks LOL!!! (in character)

1. Its graphics will be dated in two years. Oh noes!!

2. The discs are Blu-Ray! The PS2 had DVD's which was the greatest thing in the world but now it SUXORZ (LOL!) because the Wii has DVD. Consoles in the future will have a new and better format so eventually I will hate PS3 as well because Blu-Ray will be outdated then! Why hate later what I can hate now? LOL!

3. Its controllers are the same as PS1 controllers (which were SNES controllers with a new design) except now it's wireless! That suxorz because you need batteries and batteries are tha sux!!!!LOL!!!

4. It is unable to play floppy discs.

5. The games suxorz because some of them are sequels (while others aren't, but they sucks too!!!) LOL!

6. Sixaxis controllers are great! They are a revolution and I love playing games using the new controller! But here's the problem: What if the PS3 didn't have sixaxis? That's right, PS3 sucks because it is capable of doing something while at the same time we can imagine how much life would sux if this wasn't the case!
    Last edited by Fredvdp; 12-23-2007 at 11:25 AM.
    I'm Insanity Prawn Boy! I'm on the Moon!

Member #
    Friends
    i just want to take the time to thank all of you who liked my previous posts. thanks for the rep too, whoever that was lol.

this guy's still wrong. ten bucks says he wont ever come back to WiiChat..

Gamertag/PSN ID=SensesFailxWiix if you add me send me a message via console or wiichat

Member #
    Friends
    8941-8340-6042-0376
    DId you guys see that movie with the head tracker for wii and how they appeared to be poping out of the screen......Anyway My best friend brother works for nintendo(engineer) and he said that nintendo has being spending alot of money (over 10 million dollar) in researching in head tracking and 3D tracking... (see video to see what in talking about),type of technology for wii and we will be seeing it on later 08 or early 09........Beat that PS3 and XBOX360 now tell me which counsle will fail. Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd3-e.../projects/wii/
    WII GAMES:Metroid Prime 3 ,MARIO GALAXY Medal of honor heroes 2:ALL GREAT GAMES!!

Just That Great Extra Life Mushroom's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    3210-5733-2914-1432
    The wii is the most economically sound investment for both the consumer and Nintendo. The economy couldn't afford another $500+ gaming console.
    (yes I recall the original Xbox with a launch retail price for between $500-600 where I live.)

The fact that Ninty lost the last two rounds was hurting their funds for new technology. They couldn't afford to mass produce a custom super computer on a massive scale like Sony or Micorsoft. The money just wasn't there.

So the motion sensing "gimmick" was the best way to make a system running on today's (not tomorrow's) technology look fresh. And also they needed a niche to snag in the new gamers, the casual crowd. Since the hardcore fan base had been lost to the Master Chiefs and Kratos's of this generation.

They went with the "cheap, fun, stylish, and easy" tactic. and they sold more units than they ever hoped. They have done phenomenally well considering how far behind they were before the wii.

Now they have enough money to invest in technologies that can rival that of the upcoming PS4 and Xbox (720?) So come the next generation, we will have the user friendly pick up and play interface of the wii with the graphical capabilities of at least a 360 if not better.

The wii may fail closer to the end of the generation if the casual crowd grows bored, and the killer aps finally show up on the ps3 (360 already has their ace in the hole: halo 3 and a few others coming) Even still ninty will have enough money to stay around for a long time to come.

Ninty just wised up, instead of playing hard like the other two who were having processor power ego-penis fights :
    (OMGzz teh early graphics on the games for both ps3 and 360 look/play better on teh 360..lulz, or, Blu-Ray will pwn j00 and ur crappy HD-DVD)

They'd played smart instead.

Ninty was looking into what made gaming intimidating for the non-gamer, why were so many afraid to play? They designed a system for those who wanted to take it easy and not get into a firefight over tech specs. A fun alternative to the full-contact sport that has become of competitive gaming. The wii was marketed as the safe, affordable alternative if you didn't want to sink a large amount of money into your console.

Consider the fact that they make a small profit on every wii they sell, and yet sony is losing money on every ps3 that goes in the shelves due to development costs. They're praying for blu-ray sales to pick up and offset the deficit cause by the ps3.
    and the 360 is just plodding along despite the RRoD they still manage to sell and with Halo 3 out and games like Mass Effect there's no sign of them slowing any time soon. And they were even kind enough to devise a system to fix Red Ringed 360s, although results may vary, and the process is supposedly lengthly, at least it's been addressed.

The wii is not the end of Nintendo, and anyone who thinks it is will be sorely mistaken in a few years.
    Last edited by Extra Life Mushroom; 12-23-2007 at 11:58 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by TTACKK
    DId you guys see that movie with the head tracker for wii and how they appeared to be poping out of the screen......Anyway My best friend brother works for nintendo(engineer) and he said that nintendo has being spending alot of money (over 10 million dollar) in researching in head tracking and 3D tracking... (see video to see what in talking about),type of technology for wii and we will be seeing it on later 08 or early 09........Beat that PS3 and XBOX360 now tell me which counsle will fail. Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd3-e.../projects/wii/
    i think we've all seen that video by now, it was on the home page all day yesterday and i gotta say if nintendo is really putting ten million into reseraching that, and they actually put good games out that use it (not gimicky mini game collections) then they have my vote for best console.

Gamertag/PSN ID=SensesFailxWiix if you add me send me a message via console or wiichat

Member #
    Friends
    I don't get all these "why it fails, why the others work better" threads...

All the game systems are selling at an alarming rate - more than ever before. I think that qualifies all the current consoles a success at many levels.

Who cares? Play what you want, enjoy what you want. 'nuff said.
    Inveniemus Viam Aut Faciemus
    "We find the road or we make it."

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Ads