Most of you issues with the wii can be solved with a external hardrive. i hope someone or Nintendo makes one.Originally Posted by TerminaI got a Wii a while back, and love it. However, there are some things that really bother me about it. I was wondering if anyone felt the same way, or thought these things might eventually be fixed?
1. Unable to back up downloaded games to SD card. If my Wii were to fail, can I get my points back? Or does the $60+ I've spent go out the window? I've bought quite a bit on the VirtualConsole, and can see a day when I don't have any space left on my Wii. Using SD cards sure would be nice... seems like the SD slot on the Wii is useless except for Photo Channel. (I do understand that Nintendo doesn't want people 'sharing' games, but a better solution seems to be signing each download.)
2. When I copy save games to my SD card, they are not synced as I progress. Fair enough. But if I try to copy them again, I'm told it's already on there... so I have to manually delete and then copy the save file to SD. Seems like it wouldn't be that difficult to check to see if the file has changed, and have an option asking to overwrite. Or, hell, allow multiple saved games on there. Not like the game can play saves off of the SD card. :/
3. Unable to have Internet Channel use my SD card for temporary files. 5MB is pretty small, especially when you're doing a lot of flash stuff. That I can't increase the space used for temporary files, or take it off my wii's drive is irritating. Watching long flash videos is impossible (after a certain point, it stops playing). I really wish Opera on the Wii was as customizable as the normal version.
4. GameCube in general. GameCube memory card? WTF? Having a slot to copy files from (or optionally use) makes sense, but being forced to use it to save your games is insane. Not being able to use the Classic controller for GameCube games is also ridiculous.
5. Online play. I wonder if Nintendo will ever have a central server for the Wii, and ditch the friend-code crap?