LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7509-5934-6367-2803
    IMO Wii is the only next gen... While the 360 and PS3 are awesome consoles I'm sure what are they but suped up versions of their previous consoles. Nintendo with each of it's consoles has brought something to the table, NES to SNES an amazing leap in graphics and sound and size of games, SNES to N64, led the world into 3D and new control systems, N64 to Gamecube Great leap into graphics and while not as innovative as many hoped it was the stepping stone into introducing the Wii which I don't have to explain what it is bringing. The PS3 controller looks no different than the PS1 to me and while the leap in graphics is huge is it something that special now, with the gameplay still being the same? except for Sony ripping nintendo's motion sensing, which still only offers very little in new experience? and xbox 360 is nothing but xbox with glamouragain not saying they aren't great consoles I just think that the next generation should offer a new way to game...Not just better looking games...
    Yes a text sig

My Wii is small...

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    Even computers are at a stand still as far as graphics go until they get directx10 out. At least with a console you arent paying $600 for that kind of graphics processing like you would have to for a PC.

Member #
    Friends
    I've never understood why some people play games on PCs. If you buy a new PC today it's out-of-date by the time you get it home. You'd have to be mega-rich to be able to play all the latest PC games the way they're meant to be played.

Member #
    Friends
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    Not really, for $400 you can get a new duo core processor, motherboard, awesome gpu, 1 gig of ram, etc. That will play any game out and for a while.

Member #
    Friends
    7509-5934-6367-2803
    I don't know if I agree with that... I'm an avid PC gamer and yeah it has it's costs but they aren't any worse than the 599.99 for a PS3 lol.... and I get more out of my PC. graphics wise oblivion runs better, on a PC and call of duty is much easier to play on PC rather than consoles... and online gaming is just massive...while 360 and PS3 are on their way to catching up, PC still has the lead there as well... I can say I'd rather put 600 bucks into my computer than into a gaming console because you can do so much more... And if you can build your own system, it's not that hard to keep it up-to-date and it's not all that expensive.
    Yes a text sig

My Wii is small...

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by UkranianTractor
    Can you show me a video or screenshot that looks like it couldn't be played on the cube? I even read a review of Monkey Ball where the reviewer said the graphics were a bit duller than previous cube monkey balls. Don't get me wrong, I think the wii is great but I'm just wanting my mind put to rest a little bit.

i agree with what vagrant said. don't take the quality of your computer as the actual quality. you know that if you watch a video of something over the internet it isn't nearly as good as what it is in person.

All your wii are belong to mii.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3StFuDq7M8[/MEDIA]

Member #
    Friends
    7368-8559-7526-8152
    Meh, Computers put out a lot better picture than the consoles today.

The Wii puts out a progressive scan signal, its CPU has about twice the clock speed of the GC, and it does all kinds of other things that the GC didn't do.

Some folks may think it didn't catch up to the xbox 360 or the PS3, but I don't think you can really call it a GC if you know the facts. From the GC to the Wii is, imo, a good step.

Member #
    Friends
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    pmarc is my new best friend.

Even looking at images online aren't going to be as good of quality as the game is. You have to keep in mind that every image and vid you see online has some form of compression.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by vagrant
    Not really, for $400 you can get a new duo core processor, motherboard, awesome gpu, 1 gig of ram, etc. That will play any game out and for a while.
    6 months down the line at most and I'd be throwing the thing out the window due to all the slowdown and having to play it in lower resolutions. Not to mention the crashes that occur. sorry, I've just had really bad experiences with PCs. I've learned that the only reason for me having a PC is for Word Processing and the Internet and all you need is a bottom of the line model at 300 if that's all you're using it for. Specifications on PCs are misleading because a lot of processing power and memory is used by the operating system whereas a games consoles entire being is devoted to playing the game that's in the system.

Member #
    Friends
    srry but im 36 and played games all my life and i cannot believe u asked that graphics means nothing gameplay = everything

Ads