LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7509-5934-6367-2803
    I'm nearly 25 years old and the Wii is the only next gen system I'm getting, and it's not for lack of money. I have an Xbox and a PS2 and I don't want to see suped up versions of them... it's like buying a honda civic and putting a tail pipe end on it to make it sound like a weed eater and painting it some stupid scheme. no matter what kind of paint and tires you put on it you are still driving a piece of crap civic. Nintendo is and will always bring the innovation and force others to compete buy simply making things more flashy....
    Yes a text sig

My Wii is small...

Member #
    Friends
    Nintendo is and will always bring the innovation and force others to compete buy simply making things more flashy....
    Nicely said. Sony and Microsoft will ALWAYS copy Nintendo. That's how it will be. They copy their stuff and then call it a 'kiddy system'.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by COLDshiver
    I don't know why many people think the Wii is a kids system.
    Let me start by saying I don't own and have rarely played any of the Nintendo systems. I'm 31 and consider myself a casual gamer (currently own an xbox).

Part of the problem with the perception that Nintendo has is because there are more "kid style" games out there for it. Yes, it has Resident Evil and a few others but the PS and xbox likely has a MUCH higher percentage of games that are aimed at the more mature audience. I think most 20+ year olds are much more likely to want to play Halo or GTA than Mario Cart.

I like the innovation in the Wii (though I think not beefing up the system a bit it a big disappointment) and am planning on getting one. But I'm going to be keeping the xbox around for when I'm looking for the mature focus games.

On another note, many have said in defense of Nintendo not beefing up the system that you don't need HD graphics to have great gameplay. And I agree but that's a false dilemma. Great gameplay and HD graphics can definitely go together so you don't have to make a choice, you can have both. From everything I've heard, the Wii is basically not a whole lot more than an overclocked Gamecube with a few extras thrown in. I think part of the reason that it wasn't souped up more is because of the types of games being developed for it. Lot's of relatively simple models and a relatively low bit depth is needed. Again, Mario Cart puts fewer demands on the graphics card than Gears of War. People want to see the gritty realism in GoW, seeing the scars on other players and the grime on the walls. No one's going to complain if you can't see Mario's zits or the scratches on his hubcaps.

So Wii may have several mature games out there but the xbox has 5 Halo type games for every one of Nintendo's Resident Evil and Nintendo has 5 Mario games for each xbox equivalent.

Only took 4 years to get1 MetroidZ's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by in touch with the wii
    if ypu like that then post on my thread about it lol
    lol, i didnt know about it.

Member #
    Friends
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    Sony = Final Fantasy Fanboy system

xbox = Halo fanboy system

Nintendo = Someone who has actually followed gaming

That Cat is a Mess Messykitty414's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    I do like the 360 and Gears of War is awesome, but I'm pretty hyped about the Wii just because of the gameplay and Zelda. The only people that think it is a kid console are the uneducated ones that only look at graphics

Member #
    Friends
    Good thread here, this so called console war is over blown. The PS3 and xbox are in competition for that Next gen movie format...thats the bottomline.HDDVD or Blue ray. I will stick to my regular dvds as I have spent how many years now buying movies in dvd format. Not gonna chage all my stuff again. I said it before, are we all focused on pretty things so much that substance means nothing? Nintendo will be fine the GC was predicted to fall off...it didnt. The DS was supposed to fall to the PSP....it didnt. Innovation over visuals is Nintendos key to success.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by daddyfatsackz
    the GC was predicted to fall off...it didnt.
    i agree with what you are saying except for the part about the GC!! as i think that console wasnt succesful. some game shops like gamestation stopped selling GC games!!!
    360PS3 FTW!!

That Cat is a Mess Messykitty414's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    As much as I like Nintendo the GC was a flop for me, it just felt like no new games were ever released, hopefully there is a stedy flow of awesome games for the Wii

Member #
    Friends
    I've been with nintendo since the snes, the GC was a big letdown for me, with very few good games, very very far apart... (snes is still my favourite console)

personally i am abit worried about the mature games line up for the wii after the initial launch is over, as the 360 has halo, gears of war, the ps3 has devil may cry, metal gear solid; while the wii does have some great games coming out later such as smash bros and metroid, there seems to be little hope for any new mature games. Another thing that worries me is the wii being a "casual gaming system" does this mean the majority of our games will be simply party games? missing out on the hardcore rpgs? and fps? compared to ps3/360, i hope nintendo cover all genres of gaming this time...

lastly i was hoping to see a new eternal darkness(1 of the few good games on the GC) but it seems there wont be one for quite some time, if ever; also i hope 3rd partys start to put more effort in the games for the wii after the initial launch is over... as i would have loved to get call of duty 3 but for me that game is really graphically bounded, so...

Ads