LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Whats with Nintendo?

how come they are having such a hard time producing Wii's for us americans?
    Its been over a year and its still impossible to go to your local best buy/ game stop and just but one...
    I know its probably a stupid question but no one i have talked to knows why Nintendo cant make them fast enough.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    8853-1952-9704-6115
    I think they are trying their best to get wii's out. They were caught surprised by the popularity and are working on fixing the problem. Hopefully wiis will be readily available by mid 2008.

Thanks Star Striker for the sig.

Support the Third Parties!
    Buy Zack and Wiki
    and
    No More Heroes

Waiting For Tomorrow largedarry's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    8861-8821-7046-6197
    I don't want to be rude, but if you take a look at this forum (or pretty much anywhere else on the internet) the Wii's are on shortage everywhere. They are producing and selling roughly 1.2 million Wii's per week. This is the limit that Nintendo currently has on production quantities and if the demand for the Wii actually slowed down across the globe you would find it easier to get a Wii, but until then you will have a hard time finding a Wii anywhere.

Take a look at this website for the Wii hardware sales http://www.vgchartz.com/
    "There are many causes that I am prepared to die for but no causes that I am prepared to kill for." Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

"I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidD
    I wish everyone would read the damn manual instead of posting a post about a dumbass question like the one asked in this thread.

Member #
    Friends
    8450-7414-5993-5063
    what do you mean "for us americans".. theres trouble all over the world you cant buy them anywhere... and they are making the pretty fast i mean they seem to be selling enough

My Codes
    Animal Crossing - 0086 - 8056-9621
    Mario Kart - 3608 6761 4607
    Wii- currently not accepting adds for my Wii

Member #
    Friends
    Production is at 1.8 million wiis a month. The demand is just that high! Nintendo is doing it's best to fill this unprecedented demand. The problem is not only for "us Americans" but globally as well.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    4253-4708-4555-0363
    Quote Originally Posted by largedarry
    I don't want to be rude, but if you take a look at this forum (or pretty much anywhere else on the internet) the Wii's are on shortage everywhere. They are producing and selling roughly 1.2 million Wii's per week. This is the limit that Nintendo currently has on production quantities and if the demand for the Wii actually slowed down across the globe you would find it easier to get a Wii, but until then you will have a hard time finding a Wii anywhere.

Take a look at this website for the Wii hardware sales http://www.vgchartz.com/
    There is no way Nintendo is selling 1.2 million Wiis each week. It's just impossible. The Wii has sold around 13 million consoles since it's release in November 2006. Do the math, there is no way your number makes sense.

EDIT: If you read the post above this, you will see that Nintendo is producing 1.8 million Wii's each month. That means about 450,000 Wiis each week.
    Last edited by FR.; 12-28-2007 at 10:50 AM.
    2008 Jaguar XKR Portfolio

WiiChat Auto Enthusiast

Forum Moderator - [PM]

Member #
    Friends
    8853-1952-9704-6115
    It's actually over 18 million. But, either way, 1.2 a week X roughly 57 weeks X the inability to find one would equal over 68 million sold. And that's obviously off.

Thanks Star Striker for the sig.

Support the Third Parties!
    Buy Zack and Wiki
    and
    No More Heroes

Member #
    Friends
    All I know is that Toys R Us is the best place to get them. Mine just got a shipment of 45 in, so I got there around noon they still had a good 30 left.

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Nintendo is producing what they can, but demand is still very high as some may be able to tell.

Production should even out by April of next year, where Nintendo has plans of dishing out 3-4 million consoles rather than 1.8.

There is no conspiracy behind this, Nintendo doesn't have some crazy plan like some out there like to believe

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Join The Sonic Fan Club! FLYNNN's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0204-2578-2014-7346
    Personally I think target is best for buying at a store,, otherwise wait for a large shipment and people who buy them and sell them on Ebay sell them like 50-100 less because of the large shipment better supply, also the saying the US isn't getting enough is a lie, I heard 1/3 of all Wii's made are shipped to the US, anymore wouldn't be fair to, well everyone else.
    Currently Owned Nintendo Games: Wii Sports, Super Mario Galaxy, Medal of Honor: Heroes 2, Guitar Hero III, Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario World, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

-=Join the Sonic Fan Club=-
    Current Members:
    Spoiler Alert!

Brawl Friend Code: 0173-0953-7101

Ads