LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

What's happening with Wii?

Hi as you might know Wii came out in nov 2006 and since then it has been out of stock, why? I searched throughout Australia Us and Buenos Aires but still not one Wii!

Member #
    Friends
    I think Nintendo is deliberately keeping the supply of Wiis down to keep the demand high. Good strategy in my opinion, it could just be that they didn't anticipate the demand though and aren't willing or able to expand their production capabilities at the moment.

Member #
    Friends

Wii out of stock

Thanx Twiik but still what do they gain by keeping the supplies of wii down? They would win more money because everyone would be buying them i mean who want's an xbox or a ps3? it's just like playing game cube but with better graphics!
    Do you konw how can i send a mail to nintendo and have an answer?

Thanx for your answer Twiik

Member #
    Friends
    4076-9395-0234-2025
    Your bbest bet is to wait til about late January, and it should be easy as to find one.
    If you want to ask Nintendo Australia, just ring up their support office and ask away. (Make sure you dont call their hotline by accident or itll cost ya).

"If I had a dollar bill for everytime I was wrong, I'd be a self-made millionaire and I wouldn't be singing..."

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    There are not holding the supply of the Wii's back on purpose, I am getting tired of hearing that. They simply just don't make enough to meet the demand. Once the demand is not so high then there Will be more Wii's, plus Nintendo plans on increasing production by April of next year.

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by bonguet
    i mean who want's an xbox or a ps3? it's just like playing game cube but with better graphics!

You can't possibly be serious? If that's what you're comparing it with I'd rather have a 360. Gamecube and most of its lineup blew. Only good part to it was it's indestructibility, for when you were outraged at it and threw it out your window.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by CantGetAWii
    There are not holding the supply of the Wii's back on purpose, I am getting tired of hearing that. They simply just don't make enough to meet the demand. Once the demand is not so high then there Will be more Wii's, plus Nintendo plans on increasing production by April of next year.

You're wrong. I work at best buy and we get like 5 per shipment.. 360's and PS3's we get tons more.

Nintendo is holding them back. It's a very good strategy and is working tremendously.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by GThwaite
    You're wrong. I work at best buy and we get like 5 per shipment.. 360's and PS3's we get tons more.

Nintendo is holding them back. It's a very good strategy and is working tremendously.
    No, they just don't make enough. I read something somewhere that IBM couldn't make the processors fast enough, so I think it a manufacturing shortage on Nintendo's part, and they aren't holding them back. Why would they do that? You'd think that they'd want to cash in on the Christmas shopping season by putting as many Wiis out there as possible.

Ads