LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Heres something interesting about adding USB HDD to the Wii though not sure if it works.
    http://www.gamersreports.com/news/45...ernal-usb-hdd/
    Actually the HDD idea would be great for us ,but it would be a risk to Nintendo because with HDD it may be possible for people to put on homebrew applications and hacks (though I wouldn't mind being able to play any region)
    But the risk is only if they allow running applications ,saves ,images ,VC games from the external memory but probably wont ,but whats the point of extra space from another device if you have to delete something on your Wii any wayz if you want to put new stuff in it? Full Wii memory + SD card (or HDD) = Pointless if we can't use the files on it
    Your Pro ,or your a noob - thats life

I own a USA Wii (sold my EUR Wii) 2x Wii motes 2x Nunchucks

Super Mario Galaxy | Naruto Clash of Ninja Revolution | Guitar Hero 3(selling PM if interested) | Zelda TP | Wario Ware

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    7914-9240-2291-0710
    Quote Originally Posted by Abernus
    Just out of curiosity does anyone know how big these DLC packs are for GH3??

I ask as you probs know the Wii only has a small HDD. Now with the DLC for GH3 coming to the Wii we are going to run out of storage space soon and fast. Also with the launch of the new Nintendo channel (when it eventually gets here) there are rumours that we will be able to download stuff, no-one know exactly what but again using the Wii HDD.

I think Nintendo need to open the Wii up to 3rd party companies and allow them to develop USB HDD for the Wii.

on the 360 the Boss Battles pack is a little under 75 MB, then halo theme is bout 24 MB, which is an awesome song to play
    Rest In Peace
    Sean Taylor
    April 1st, 1983 - November 27th, 2007
    Wii Games:Wii Sports, Guitar Hero 3: Legends of Rock, Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged, Super Smash Bros. Brawl

M'bating to Z Suit Samus Atomheart's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed1
    on the 360 the Boss Battles pack is a little under 75 MB, then halo theme is bout 24 MB, which is an awesome song to play
    Wow. I don't see how DLC could work on the Wii, which only has 512MB. You'll only be able to get a couple of songs before the flash memory starts to get filled up.

Member #
    Friends
    5075-3223-6702-0680
    Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed1
    Thanks for the info, 75Mb on the Wii is a lot of space to use. I think Ninty need to get some external storgae sorted out soon, and allow us to run saves etc from it.

I can't wait until we get DLC for GH3 I really want to play some of the songs (even though I suck on it)
    Wii Friend Code: 5075-3223-6702-0680
    Name: Abernus
    If you add me please PM me

Games: Wii Sports, Wii Play, Rayman Raving Rabbids 1&2, Monster 4x4, Zelda Twilight Princess, GH3, Mario Galaxy, Resident Evil 4

Member #
    Friends
    Does anybody know if there is going to be any way to play the songs from GH 1 & 2 on the Wii? Do the downloads for the other systems have this option? I'm just wondering because I have a PS2 and I might want to get GH3 for that system just so I can get 1 & 2 as well.

And if the answer is "no" to my first question, what is better about the Wii version to help me weigh my options? I know there's wireless, online play, downloads (hopfully), the vibration and internal speaker (whoopie...) What else?

Ads