LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

is wii going to be another failed console later down the line?

ok. over the past 4 yrs or so i have had the the GC. however, before possibly moving onto the wii console, i ask myself the question ''is it worth it?'' i dont know if anyone else here feels it, but i feel let down by nintendo. sure, for the first 6 months or so the GC kept up with the Xbox and the PS2 and for that time it seemed rosy. but then it started to go downhill. the 3rd party games that were promised before realease never came. take a sequel to perfect dark for example.

i was gutted that a mass majority of games never came out on the GC. internet play faded away from possibility, unlike the mass followings on ps2 and xbox. ok, i agree that the GC did have some awesome games such as the metroid series among other nintendo owned brands. however the GC was left behind. as a testimony to this, the xbox and the ps2 are still having titles churned out for them. i remember the point that some shops stopped selling GC games alltogether. they were sold either in the bargain bin, on the bottom shelf of the GBA section or not at all. nintendo have taken this gameplay and game quality route before. But will the ''gimmick'' of this new controller ware off? will 3rd party developers decided it is worth it to stay with the wii? will this console pull another GC and just fade away whilst the Xbox360 and PS2 speed off into the distance? i for one think it will. I may be proved wrong. i would like to be proved wrong. but before you think of forking out your money for a wii just ask yourself

''is it worth it?''

Member #
    Friends
    i beleive major game titles are still to be announced as well as new ways of playability, theyre launching the wii with well rounded paths to accessories and more in the future. This is the only system I can honestly say can be subject to evolve.

Member #
    Friends
    4532-8683-6668-7765
    If you've tried the Wii, then you know it is worth it. For those who haven't tried it, those people who have tried it are telling you that it's worth it.

Member #
    Friends
    6069-2332-3129-0150
    And its the only system with an innovative way to play. PS3 and 360 are just suped of version of their former selves. The "gimmick" that you're calling the wii remote is going to enhance the experience of gaming. It brings you to a new level and is a sh*t load of more fun that sitting with a regular controller. Not to mention, the games for the Wii are awesome. Zelda, red steel, excite truck, super smash bros brawl....its gonna be awesome. And I believe that they will keep coming out with excellent titles, nintendo and their developers. I can't say this much for PS3 and 360....their games don't excite me much at all.

Is it worth it?
    Of course.
    The real question is whether PS3 is worth $600. Is it?
    Of course not.

That Cat is a Mess Messykitty414's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    I agree about the GC I got one in its eraly days and liked it, but it felt like no new fresh games were ever released. But I think Nintendo thought it through much more with the Wii. I think that the Wii will be better than the Snes which was the best Nintendo system ever

Also I think the PS3 will fall flat on it's face, just because Sony marketed it all wrong. "You get a blu-ray player for $600!!! Oh and there is a game system in there somewhere as well"

X, I'll own u N ELEBITS! the_peripheral's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    2256-8779-8853-1823
    For $250, it's definitely worth it. I've never played it, but I know that I will enjoy my time with it...without a doubt. But for $250, that's just extremely cheap for a game system it seems to me so it's not like if it does fade away, and I'll agree, the GC did, but even if the Wii fades (I dont think it will because online capability is on it, and it just has a beautiful innovation), you're not throwing away tons of money on it.

Member #
    Friends
    plus, since Square and Nintendo are becoming more friendly, you can expect alot of publisher jumping on the Wii bandwagon

wiiiing since 11/19/06 wiiCrazy's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0738-7957-2604-0610
    i think it'll be worth it too. Nintendo surely knows how many ppl feel about the gamecube. u know there were calls, emails, letters, etc...not to mention the market statistics. i see this as almost being a new N64, everyone remember how cool that was??!!??

Member #
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Well for only $250 I'm willing to take that chance. And if it does fail I still have my 360.
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Joe
    Member #
    Friends
    5856-5939-3035-0479
    100% sure its worth it!!!
    First of all Zelda and Mario....
    second, THE FREAKIN FIRST PERSON SHOOTERS!!!!
    I also think Nintendo will get most video game designers to work for them....
    it means TONS of game...alot moe than the 360 and PS3!
    Most people will buy a Wii because its something new and well...ITS NOT $600!!!!

Ads