LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by GThwaite
    The guy lost 9 pounds, I could have done that after a week of jogging, jump rope, swimming and playing some basketball with some buds.
    Yes you are correct. But that dosen't change the fact that he DID do it with the wii.

Like I said in an earlier post; the wil will not replace any exorsize regimin and since the wii was never INTENDED or DESIGNED as an exorsize machine, then no one should think of it as such. That is not it's primary function. It is simply a new way to play video games.

But with this said. it has been seen that it IS a good way to rehabilitate stroke victims, the elderly and the morbidly obese. The wii has been put into nursing homes and hopsitals to help people recover from thier injuries. Why not? Any motion is better than NONE. The wii has filled a need, it has brought joy to millions and helped others recover from stroke. Why is that a problem? As I said before, I don't get the point of that article.

I don't understand all the fighting over this issue.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    6277-9684-7412-8057
    Quote Originally Posted by romj
    Yes you are correct. But that dosen't change the fact that he DID do it with the wii.

Like I said in an earlier post; the wil will not replace any exorsize regimin and since the wii was never INTENDED or DESIGNED as an exorsize machine, then no one should think of it as such. That is not it's primary function. It is simply a new way to play video games.

But with this said. it has been seen that it IS a good way to rehabilitate stroke victims, the elderly and the morbidly obese. The wii has been put into nursing homes and hopsitals to help people recover from thier injuries. Why not? Any motion is better than NONE. The wii has filled a need, it has brought joy to millions and helped others recover from stroke. Why is that a problem? As I said before, I don't get the point of that article.

I don't understand all the fighting over this issue.
    Its an online forum, people will fight over anything and everything

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by stumac1985
    Its an online forum, people will fight over anything and everything
    Than it is a very unfortunate thing, fighing over words and meanings. Really, is it all so important?

Was I missled into thinking that this forum was for like minded people to gather to discuss their favorite hobby, which in this case, the wii?

I wish this was so, but in the end, I guese you are right.
    Last edited by romj; 01-05-2008 at 12:42 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    6277-9684-7412-8057
    Dont get me wrong, online forums are brilliant places, but all forums, be them wii, ps3, 360, car based, pc based, photography based, they all have stupid arguments started by 'keyboard warriors'

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by stumac1985
    Dont get me wrong, online forums are brilliant places, but all forums, be them wii, ps3, 360, car based, pc based, photography based, they all have stupid arguments started by 'keyboard warriors'
    Man you sure got that right! I do noticed that people join internet forums for the sole purpose is to battle. I love you term, "keyboard warriors."

Member #
    Friends
    1699-7356-0266-3132
    Wii Fit might change it a little bit, but a game is a game. It can never substitute anything else. Even those brain exercise games are not as effective as people think.
    Last edited by eskiemong; 01-05-2008 at 01:06 PM.
    GH3 Friend Code : 133259736307
    username: SOOHYUN
    Please add me, and then pm me so that I can add you also.
    I only play pro face off in expert.

Ads