Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0120-6723-8776-4093
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiimoto
    Lmfao staying in shape with the wii, but that quote is wrong for wii sports, wii sports uses around 30% more energy then regular video games, if you follow the instructions and play like your directed instead of lazily flicking the remote. But yeah, most wii games aren't much better. I think the quote is very biased, its giving an average, some games use more energy then others.

I would never use the wii for exercise though, unless you played wii sports for hours I doubt you'd get that much exercise.
    i am actually better at baseball when i just flick the wiimote as opposed to swinging it like a real bat

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    8853-1952-9704-6115
    Quote Originally Posted by ROB64
    i am actually better at baseball when i just flick the wiimote as opposed to swinging it like a real bat
    Yeah, and I'm also better at basketball if I don't dribble. Doesn't mean that I should.

Thanks Star Striker for the sig.

Support the Third Parties!
    Buy Zack and Wiki
    and
    No More Heroes

Member #
    Friends
    4855-3513-2198-8739
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzapper
    Bullshit!
    It is partialy bullshit. Theres this guy that tested wiisports a while back ago. He played wiisports everyday but when he played he played it hard core. Even with tennis he jumped a bit to simulate the movement of a real tennis player. He lost 3 pants sizes by doing wii sports hard core for a month or 2 I believe.

Also when Wiifit is released that will be able to give you quite a sweat.

But for most games where we just sit on a couch flicking our wiimote than yes its true :P
    Tip of the day:
    A big mistake a lot of you make is that wiiware games will be free.

Wiiware is just the same like the virtual console. Its different in that it offers new games instead of old console games.

I can think of some easy games ( Like tetris and some other in that direction ) that can be free but the majority will cost money.

Member #
    Friends
    i would say thats true but maybe 10% even if you play most games a constant flick of the wrist has ti di simething compared to doing nothing on other consoles.

and wii sports has to be like 100% becease you actual sweat.

and the only thing in wiifit to brake a sweat is the jogging i cant see standing on one leg making me collapse of exhaustion
    wii game playing: GH3
    wii friend code:1778 9634 2151 5464
    gh3 code:502628796471

Member #
    Friends
    4855-3513-2198-8739
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo
    i would say thats true but maybe 10% even if you play most games a constant flick of the wrist has ti di simething compared to doing nothing on other consoles.

and wii sports has to be like 100% becease you actual sweat.

and the only thing in wiifit to brake a sweat is the jogging i cant see standing on one leg making me collapse of exhaustion
    How about doing 30 push ups? or any of the other areaobics excersises on the hardest level.
    Tip of the day:
    A big mistake a lot of you make is that wiiware games will be free.

Wiiware is just the same like the virtual console. Its different in that it offers new games instead of old console games.

I can think of some easy games ( Like tetris and some other in that direction ) that can be free but the majority will cost money.

Member #
    Friends
    2294-2353-1207-3330
    Wii Sports Experiment

He has also thought about doing a second experiment using DDR:Hottest Party. He's been using Traineo.com to track progress.

If you do the sports correctly, you get some exercise. If you add wrist and ankle weights, you can increase your workout. WiiFit has a Yoga program. Yoga focuses on your core (stomach) area and is a good workout that doesn't require weights. If you strengthen your core, you are more likely to exercise more efficiently. And a lot of gamers need to strengthen their cores. I can see WiiFit being very helpful in making sure people do the correct moves while doing Yoga.
    Wiiaffied : April 22, 2007
    Accessorwiis : 4 sets of motes and chucks, 2 motionPlus, 1 dance pad, Wii Zapper, colored battery doors, component cables, aluminum travel case
    Gamiis : Wii Sports, Elebits, Big Brain Academy, DDR : Hottest Party, Battalion Wars 2, Mario & Sonic at the Olympics, Medal of Honor : Heroes 2, Rayman Raving Rabbids 2, Rayman Rabbids TV Party, Tiger Woods 08, EA Sports Active, Game Party 1&2, Punch Out, Wii Sports Resort

Do you Wii-B-q?

Member #
    Friends
    But the Wii isn't meant for exercise, so I think this company is just flaming the Wii, because they are targeting a part of it that nobody really uses. Who really exercises on the Wii? Other then hardcore wii sports players I doubt any everyday player actually does.

For me, my exercise = weights, pushups, crunches, and running

Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Sonic and the Secret Rings, Warioware Smooth Moves, Guitar Hero III Legends of Rock, Super Paper Mario, Wii Play, Mercury Meltdown Revolution, Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz
    -=Join the NEW Sonic Fan Club, PM FLYNNN=-

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    LOL has anyone EVER played mario and sonic jesus **** 2% more like 200%
    PS3 now, sorry Wii. You gather dust.

Member #
    Friends
    2429-4615-8570-1814
    Quote Originally Posted by FLYNNN
    I saw the title and all I wanted to say was OBVIOUSLY! Swinging your arm to hit a virtual ball vs. squats or benching, they're incomparable, it's funny people would even compare them, "Lollolololllololllol!!!11!1!!!!!1!" - Master Chief.
    thats exsactly what i was thinking

©2000 - 2007 DragonForce

An Instant Classic LevesqueIsKing's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Yeah, my last WiiSports Bowling run-in burnt me out more than deadlifts the other day...

Not to fit a mold,

Not to join a trend,

Not to follow a crowd

Ads