LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wii update?

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Wii update?

I recently rented Mario Galaxy and when loading it my Wii said it needed to update and then procedded to do so, my question is what exactly was it doing? I am currently NOT online and there is no WiFi in my area so what could it have been doing?

2. Ads

Kirby's path follower swordkirby's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    It updates itself when you put in a major game. It updated when I played LOZ: Tp, and MP3. I believe it registers the game onto your wii.

Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Some Games Have Auto Update Versions In Them. So You Can Update Without Internet.

Have Fun. =]
    KryKidd

Guru of everything Ninty wezeles's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    Quote Originally Posted by swordkirby
    It updates itself when you put in a major game. It updated when I played LOZ: Tp, and MP3. I believe it registers the game onto your wii.

it doesnt register the game it just has an update... the whole games beign registered to a specific system is a myth... the only way to register a game in your name is to go online and enter the code onto your account from nintendo.com
    even then its registered to your nintendo account not to a specific Wii system

VC games are the only ones that work only with a specific system its downloaded on... even then if your wii breaks nintendo will put it on the replacement system as long as you have them take care of it.

Member #
    Friends
    6830-7751-9116-6691
    what its doing is checking for mods that you may have put onto your wii. if it finds any, it automatically shuts down the wii and makes it inoperable. hasnt happened to me cuz i dont use mods, but ive heard it happens

thanx for me sig manred

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by chucknorris013
    what its doing is checking for mods that you may have put onto your wii. if it finds any, it automatically shuts down the wii and makes it inoperable. hasnt happened to me cuz i dont use mods, but ive heard it happens
    I thought that was an update they were coming out with and not in their gamediscs?
    With much love, 261311.

Quote Originally Posted by JT.
    Maybe it's implying yoshi is an animal, and not just a mutated green prostitute mario likes to ride
    -=Join the Waluigi Fan Club=-

Guru of everything Ninty wezeles's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    updates are in newer published game disc... mine did it with mario galaxy because i moved and haddent hooked up my wireless yet... so you will get an update to your system no matter what you do... unless you wait to buy a game and find out if it has an update in the first place... and then can live without it.. which will eb hard considering most big title nintendo games will come with updates in them....

Ads