LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Wii Channels?

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    You will be able to download Opera for free until june 07 after that you have to pay a one time fee then its free forever
    Last edited by NateTheGreat; 11-14-2006 at 04:39 PM.

WiiOwner since June 2007. SSBB Fan Forever.

Forgotten but always remembered... o_O

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by csiguy4u
    To use the built-in Wi-Fi functionality of the Wii you need a wireless router (or similar Wireless Access Point). However, you can buy a dongle that hooks up using the usb port on the Wii that will allow you to use a wired connection (using standard Cat-5 networking cable).
    Really?! Would you be kind enough to tell me where I can get a "dongle/Cat-5 Network Cable"? Maybe at Office Depot or something?

Member #
    Friends
    4054-9249-4284-3802
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovekakairu
    Really?! Would you be kind enough to tell me where I can get a "dongle/Cat-5 Network Cable"? Maybe at Office Depot or something?
    Yeah, he was talking about a USB-to-Ethernet adapter like the one made by Nintendo for Wii below:

The USB part plugs into one of the two USB ports on the back of Wii and then you plug an ethernet cable into the hole on it and the other end into either a router or modem.

However, you don't have to buy Nintendo's (probably) over priced adapter. Go here to look at some on Froogle for way cheaper that work just the same. Just make sure you buy from a trusted store like CompUSA or Newegg. You could probably find one of these at a Best Buy or Circuit City.
    "Whatever you do may seem insignificant, but it is most important that you do it." - GANDHI

Picture created by: NateTheGreat

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by NateTheGreat
    Yeah, he was talking about a USB-to-Ethernet adapter like the one made by Nintendo for Wii below:

The USB part plugs into one of the two USB ports on the back of Wii and then you plug an ethernet cable into the hole on it and the other end into either a router or modem.

However, you don't have to buy Nintendo's (probably) over priced adapter. Go here to look at some on Froogle for way cheaper that work just the same. Just make sure you buy from a trusted store like CompUSA or Newegg. You could probably find one of these at a Best Buy or Circuit City.
    Oh thank you! Just in case, do you know if the Wii's USB-to-Ethernet will be on sale at launch? Or will it come out later? I want to have options ya know.

Member #
    Friends
    4054-9249-4284-3802
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovekakairu
    Oh thank you! Just in case, do you know if the Wii's USB-to-Ethernet will be on sale at launch? Or will it come out later? I want to have options ya know.
    Unfortunatly, I don't know if it will be available at launch. I just looked on EBGames.com and they don't have it listed. However, the link in my above post which you quoted has a link to USB-to-Ethernet adapters that will probably be $10-$20 cheaper than the one Nintendo will release.

Hope that helps.
    "Whatever you do may seem insignificant, but it is most important that you do it." - GANDHI

Picture created by: NateTheGreat

Member #
    Friends
    Another thread of ppl discussing using a 3rd party adapter. . .

http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-...pter-help.html

Ads