LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30
  1. #11
    Get Money Dummy yungblood6's Avatar
    Member #
    34300
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    383
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5134-2285-1457-3930
    Quote Originally Posted by lenitao3
    lol......if you read more carefully, by saying "sold" Microsoft means "shipped" consoles or "sold" to shops......it's not the number of consoles sold to customers.....

    that's how 17.7 m. consoles have been produced, and 16.03 m.consoles are sold to customers....so there are 1.67 m. consoles in shops, world wide...i hope i made it clearer now.....

    also, the last weekly sale figures show that, the total mumber of Xbox360 sold worldwide (week ending 29th December) are less than the number of Wii sold only in Japan, at that week!!!

    this makes the difference rise to about 3.5 million.....

    source: vgchartz.com

    also, wii has now the higher software sales......

    *best selling game of the year 2007: Pokemon Diamond/Pearl

    *Game of the Year 2007: Super Mario Galaxy

    this shows that Nintendo is on the top right now, xbox360 slowly is pushed backwards and ps3 sales start to increase, to beat xbox360....

    (lol....just a quick view of 2007 sales and so on)
    i think you need to check your stats on the software side because the wii software is not on top, the ds maybe but the wii is not close, second yes mario galaxy is a great game and contender for game of the year but it hasnt sold that great.(still trying to figure that out) even after christmass it hasnt sold that well.

    You would think that with all these wii's that are out there in homes that that game wich is nintendos trademark charector would have sold at least half of what the number of consoles out there are. Which is another topic that is being talked about in the industry as to what is realy being sold on the wii. Its a sad day for gaming when games like wii play and other mini games are out selling quality titles like galaxy. One article said they don't think the majority of wii owners are buying wii games at all.

    Hell when Adam Sesslar has to tell you to buy galaxy, and other games then you know somthing is wrong he is a big fan of the wii.
    Last edited by yungblood6; 01-04-2008 at 11:45 AM.
    Don't Be A Fan Boy Its Not Benaficial

  2. Ads


  3. #12
    Pswii or Wii360 ??? lenitao3's Avatar
    Member #
    6541
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    248
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by George
    U'd expect wii to win on sales anyway cus it appeals to all types of gamers.
    that's true.......there are games for all types..!!

  4. #13
    Pswii or Wii360 ??? lenitao3's Avatar
    Member #
    6541
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    248
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by yungblood6
    i think you need to check your stats on the software side because the wii software is not on top, the ds maybe but the wii is not close, second yes mario galaxy is a great game and contender for game of the year but it hasnt sold that great.(still trying to figure that out) even after christmass it hasnt sold that well.

    You would think that with all these wii's that are out there in homes that that game wich is nintendos trademark charector would have sold at least half of what the number of consoles out there are. Which is another topic that is being talked about in the industry as to what is realy being sold on the wii. Its a sad day for gaming when games like wii play and other mini games are out selling quality titles like galaxy. One article said they don't think the majority of wii owners are buying wii games at all.

    Hell when Adam Sesslar has to tell you to buy galaxy, and other games then you know somthing is wrong he is a big fan of the wii.
    i mean it's on the top between the 3 home consoles....

    i was talking about sales, when i said "game of the year", it was about the awards of the gaming sites.....not sales.....
    it sold 4 million and still selling (top5)how much do you want to say "sold well"

    games that are fun are selling the most like "Mario Party 8", could have been the worst ever on other consoles, but rocks on wii....still love it, even if childish

    wii might be selling more because of the price but less because of the graphics (which are okay in opinion)

    the other 2 might be selling less because of price and more because of graphics.....

    lol....it's been a long story with these console sales......i think Wii is going to win...nothing can stop it now, it's so popular and great titles coming....#

    *remember that Nintendo "dropped" the graphics, to "drop" the price, which seems to be working....

  5. #14
    Get Money Dummy yungblood6's Avatar
    Member #
    34300
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    383
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5134-2285-1457-3930
    Quote Originally Posted by LoganSix
    And if you gave all three systems the same graphics card, hardware, and price then.... well, Wii would still have the controls that the other two don't have and appeal for the non-traditional gamer.
    true but at the same time just think about it its not a whole lot of use being put into the cotrolls of the wii games as of late. Most of them are so weak in that department they have to give you the option to go back to the gc controller.(defeats the whole purpose of buying a wii)

    Yes nintendo brings out the best in the wii games, but you have to think how much longer will they put there all into games when the games that show no effort to make are outselling them? as of right now there is not even a game out there on nintindeo that is worthy enough to outsell galaxy.(why nintendo fans arent you buying this game?)

    Then if you take away the controlls and give them the option to use gc or classic controller what was the real point in getting a wii then? What makes the wii so great is THE CONTROLS you take that away and its just another mediocre console.(game cube) By taking away the controlls and giving that other opiton is playing into the fact that the wiimote and nunchuck are just gimmicks ( i don't think so) but thats just the truth.

    What im trying to say is stop buying , and supporting those games that give you that option,(leave that for the vc) and buy the games that make use of what the wii is about. THE CONTROLS. Because if im correct thats what made you want to buy a wii in the first place.
    Don't Be A Fan Boy Its Not Benaficial

  6. #15
    WiiChat Member LoganSix's Avatar
    Member #
    22526
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    North Cackalacky
    Posts
    320
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2294-2353-1207-3330
    If if if.... the point is: The XBox and PS3 do cost more than the Wii. The Wii is profitable at it's price point. The Wii does have an advantage because of the controls. And most importantly the Wii is outselling the Xbox and PS3 at a 2 to 1 and 4 to 1 ratio.
    Wiiaffied : April 22, 2007
    Accessorwiis : 4 sets of motes and chucks, 2 motionPlus, 1 dance pad, Wii Zapper, colored battery doors, component cables, aluminum travel case
    Gamiis : Wii Sports, Elebits, Big Brain Academy, DDR : Hottest Party, Battalion Wars 2, Mario & Sonic at the Olympics, Medal of Honor : Heroes 2, Rayman Raving Rabbids 2, Rayman Rabbids TV Party, Tiger Woods 08, EA Sports Active, Game Party 1&2, Punch Out, Wii Sports Resort

    Do you Wii-B-q?

  7. #16
    Pswii or Wii360 ??? lenitao3's Avatar
    Member #
    6541
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    248
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    i agree.....

    about the controls as well.......wii games that are not using motion controls at a nice way suck......it's like they are ps2 games.....like Ice Age 2 game and so on......but most games use motion controls.....i think

  8. #17
    Super Ninjarator Foxy's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    20731
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    6,700
    Friends
    22
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3881-9484-9041-5848
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristmasWii
    Brawl and Mario Kart are still coming. Nintendo will win.
    Just to give you an idea, I'm a gamer but I'm 90% sure I am not getting Mario Kart and I had to be convinced to get Brawl.

  9. #18
    New Wii Addict Bumble14's Avatar
    Member #
    44744
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Bloomfield Hills, Mi
    Posts
    45
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by lenitao3
    i mean it's on the top between the 3 home consoles....

    i was talking about sales, when i said "game of the year", it was about the awards of the gaming sites.....not sales.....
    it sold 4 million and still selling (top5)how much do you want to say "sold well"

    games that are fun are selling the most like "Mario Party 8", could have been the worst ever on other consoles, but rocks on wii....still love it, even if childish

    wii might be selling more because of the price but less because of the graphics (which are okay in opinion)

    the other 2 might be selling less because of price and more because of graphics.....

    lol....it's been a long story with these console sales......i think Wii is going to win...nothing can stop it now, it's so popular and great titles coming....#

    *remember that Nintendo "dropped" the graphics, to "drop" the price, which seems to be working....
    1.) The wii is not on top of the games being sold for the 3 consoles. Xbox 360 is demolishing both Sony and Nintendo with a software attachment rate of what I believe is around 6 games per console. 360 has 30 games that have currently sold 1 million + copies. 360 is winning the software battle.

    2.) The Wii is selling well because it is the first gaming system to appeal to ever age range. My parents own a Wii- because it is fun. My parents simply would not be able to pick up a 360/PS3 controller and figure out how to play any games. The pricepoint helps the Wii sell, but for the ost part it is because of how easy it is to play. This is why games like Galaxy, Zelda, etc are not selling as well as the Halo's because the majority of the Wii's install base bought the system for games like Wii play and Wii sports--not for actual games--people who want to play actual games are buying the 360/ps3, hence the high software attach rate on the 360.

    3.) The Wii will win because of reason #2 above, but to try and even put Wii in the same class as ps3/360 is a joke. The next gen race is between Sony and Microsoft, Nintendo has created an entirely new niche market of gaming that is in a class of it's own. The Wii will sell like gangbusters regardless of anything 360 and PS3 come out with--because the systems are not comparable.

  10. #19
    Pswii or Wii360 ??? lenitao3's Avatar
    Member #
    6541
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    248
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    ok...so....

    1) sorry....i wasn't clear....i meant in the weekly software sales, of course xbox360 has sold more, since it launched 1 year earlier

    2)i agree...but also because it's fun.....and has every type of game

    3)they are in the same class, according to games generation.....just because Nintendo is smarter to reduce graphics and price and try a wider audience, that does not mean that they are not in the same class.....
    -that's also because there are gamers that are buying wii as well, so wii is included in gamer's choice as well, like them or not......

    also, 100m people who got a ps2 are not gamers.....part of them at least....

  11. #20
    2062-8990-6509 GET READY! CyanRussel's Avatar
    Member #
    19493
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    In my SSBB kingdom waiting for a challenge
    Posts
    1,774
    Friends
    10
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3760-9059-7725-6846
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt.McCloud
    Just to give you an idea, I'm a gamer but I'm 90% sure I am not getting Mario Kart and I had to be convinced to get Brawl.
    Why is that....just curious?
    Just When You Thought It Was Over........It Not Over Until I Say Its Over........So You Better Think Twice My Friend!!!

    My WOC for friends list on Wii is right by my name....If you want to add ME Pm....if you do it without my knowing...I WILL NOT ADD YOU:



Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts