LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3099-0319-5478-2979

Wii set to beat Microsoft's all time sales tally?

Microsoft has sold 17.7m Xbox 360 games consoles since the machine was introduced in late 2005, 4.3m of them since the beginning of October 2007, the company claimed yesterday.

That almost certainly means the Microsoft console has outsold Sony's PlayStation 3, though that machine only went on sale a year after the Xbox 360 did. That's true of the Nintendo Wii too, but we'd expect the Wii to have surpassed the Xbox 360's total.

According to the Reuters newsagency, Nintendo had shipped 13.2m Wiis worldwide by the end of September 2007, just under the 13.4m Xbox 360s sold to date at that point.

To beat the 360, Nintendo will have had to have sold more than 4.5m Wiis. Unfortunately, US sales data for December 2007 isn't yet in, although according to market watcher NPD, Nintendo shipped 1.5m Wiis in the US in October and November.

Japanese Wii sales for those two months come to 1.34m units, according to publisher Enterbrain, and based on local market monitor Media Create's weekly December sales figures, you can add at least 0.6m to that figure, making 1.94m, rising to 3.44m when you add the US numbers.

Factor in European estimates and the number of consoles Nintendo is seems likely to have shipped in December, and the videogames pioneer should well have shipped more than 4.5m Wiis in the last three months of 2007.

Not bad for a machine that has a much lower spec than the 360 and PS3, and has been on sale for a shorter period. Only the infamous Wii famine might keep the 360 on top.

But to finish with the 360, Halo 3 went on sale late September 2007. Some 8.1m copies were sold up to the end of the year, Microsoft said. So it's not hard to see how the company sold 24.3 per cent of all the Xbox 360s it has ever sold in the same period as this much-anticipated title was on sale.
    Source:
    http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2008/01...i_to_beat_360/

I hadn't realized that Microsoft has sold that many consoles, I thought the number was a bit smaller than that.

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Member #
    Friends
    Brawl + Wii = Win. Just watch.

Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Sonic and the Secret Rings, Warioware Smooth Moves, Guitar Hero III Legends of Rock, Super Paper Mario, Wii Play, Mercury Meltdown Revolution, Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz
    -=Join the NEW Sonic Fan Club, PM FLYNNN=-

Member #
    Friends
    3049-9371-2306-9680
    I thought Microsoft were on like... 14 million...

360 GT: LostCelestial
    PSN ID: AerialSpirit

Member #
    Friends
    4877-3286-3608-7887
    U'd expect wii to win on sales anyway cus it appeals to all types of gamers.

Member #
    Friends
    lol......if you read more carefully, by saying "sold" Microsoft means "shipped" consoles or "sold" to shops......it's not the number of consoles sold to customers.....

that's how 17.7 m. consoles have been produced, and 16.03 m.consoles are sold to customers....so there are 1.67 m. consoles in shops, world wide...i hope i made it clearer now.....

also, the last weekly sale figures show that, the total mumber of Xbox360 sold worldwide (week ending 29th December) are less than the number of Wii sold only in Japan, at that week!!!

this makes the difference rise to about 3.5 million.....

source: vgchartz.com

also, wii has now the higher software sales......

*best selling game of the year 2007: Pokemon Diamond/Pearl

*Game of the Year 2007: Super Mario Galaxy

this shows that Nintendo is on the top right now, xbox360 slowly is pushed backwards and ps3 sales start to increase, to beat xbox360....

(lol....just a quick view of 2007 sales and so on)
    Last edited by lenitao3; 01-04-2008 at 11:15 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    2294-2353-1207-3330
    Quote Originally Posted by George
    U'd expect wii to win on sales anyway cus it appeals to all types of gamers.
    Shhhhh, don't spread logic like that, it confuses the hard core gamers.
    Wiiaffied : April 22, 2007
    Accessorwiis : 4 sets of motes and chucks, 2 motionPlus, 1 dance pad, Wii Zapper, colored battery doors, component cables, aluminum travel case
    Gamiis : Wii Sports, Elebits, Big Brain Academy, DDR : Hottest Party, Battalion Wars 2, Mario & Sonic at the Olympics, Medal of Honor : Heroes 2, Rayman Raving Rabbids 2, Rayman Rabbids TV Party, Tiger Woods 08, EA Sports Active, Game Party 1&2, Punch Out, Wii Sports Resort

Do you Wii-B-q?

Member #
    Friends
    Brawl and Mario Kart are still coming. Nintendo will win.
    I don't care WHAT Jim says, that is NOT the real Ben Franklin, I am 99% sure.
    Animal Crossing Friend Code: 4769-2668-6020

Member #
    Friends
    yes i think its already decided that the wii is going to win becuz lets face it...if it has already sold more units then the xbox 360 in one year then its going to beat it cuz they can sell the same amount of consoles as 2007.
    1. Wii
    2. 360
    3. PS3 hopefully will rise nd beat 360 though

Member #
    Friends
    5134-2285-1457-3930
    really need to stop this its getting real old. As a gamer who really cares how many consoles are sold? you should be caring when you are going to get some better games, for what ever system you own. The wii is 250 bucks who is not going to buy it? Like i have always said you drop the other two consoles down to that price from start and the sales numbers will be a lot closer than they are now.
    Don't Be A Fan Boy Its Not Benaficial

Member #
    Friends
    2294-2353-1207-3330
    Quote Originally Posted by yungblood6
    Like i have always said you drop the other two consoles down to that price from start and the sales numbers will be a lot closer than they are now.
    And if you gave all three systems the same graphics card, hardware, and price then.... well, Wii would still have the controls that the other two don't have and appeal for the non-traditional gamer.
    Wiiaffied : April 22, 2007
    Accessorwiis : 4 sets of motes and chucks, 2 motionPlus, 1 dance pad, Wii Zapper, colored battery doors, component cables, aluminum travel case
    Gamiis : Wii Sports, Elebits, Big Brain Academy, DDR : Hottest Party, Battalion Wars 2, Mario & Sonic at the Olympics, Medal of Honor : Heroes 2, Rayman Raving Rabbids 2, Rayman Rabbids TV Party, Tiger Woods 08, EA Sports Active, Game Party 1&2, Punch Out, Wii Sports Resort

Do you Wii-B-q?

Ads