Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0268-1297-5512-7485

Get a PS3

To be honest, the wii is an immense machine, however i personally would have preferred a PS3. My girlfriend got me a Wii for Christmas so thats what i'm playing, but as soon as i've saved up, then i'll be on PS3. Plus the Wii makes my PS2 look dated.

WII GAMES:-
    Wii Sports (obviously!)
    Super Mario Galaxy
    Mario and Sonic at the Olympics
    The Godfather. Blackhand Edition

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovieto
    he already has a pro... to the op: i assume you went to a 360 forum as well to post this message? if not then then prepare to learn about the wii in unbelievable ways and have it treated as though its the second coming of jesus.
    Whoops. I actually meant "Depends what games you're interested in and then we'll tell you if it be worth it to sell the Pro." My bad.

and Caswany, if it's for your kids (I'm assuming they're younger children), then you should definantly go with the Wii. They'll get a kick out of it and have a lot of fun with it.

Member #
    Friends
    I own both. I tend to play the 360 (elite) more. I bought the 360 because of Crackdown. I own Halo2/3 but I'm not a big fan of them. I much prefer FPS's on the PC and even more so on the Wii than the 360. It's a matter of the control interface. I just wish more Wii FPS's were designed around the WiiMote and not just ported than had WiiMote code slapped on top.

I guess I play the 360 more since it's plugged in to my monitor in my office while the Wii is connected to the family 55" TV. My daughter plays the Wii more since she doesn't have easy access to my 360. My son has his own 360 on his own TV and tends to play it the most.

The online play is more versatile on the 360. The Wii is better for single screen group fun. In the warmer months, I put up an 8'x8' home-made yard screen and use a projector attached to the Wii. Then the neighbors come over and we play Wii Sports, Tiger Woods, Mario Party, etc. Not really something that can be done with the 360
    Central Ohio: Wii via component on Mitsu 55" HD-RPTV. 94 ImpalaSS, MCSE/MCT, MS/Network Consultant.

SSBB 0688-4932-4039 BAM- bamblakopz's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    5768-6741-0422-9558
    Quote Originally Posted by BtnJoe
    To be honest, the wii is an immense machine, however i personally would have preferred a PS3. My girlfriend got me a Wii for Christmas so thats what i'm playing, but as soon as i've saved up, then i'll be on PS3. Plus the Wii makes my PS2 look dated.
    But the 360 is better then the PS3... way better

VideoGameCountdown (Youtube)

!QUOTE OF THE DAY!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by bamblakopz
    But the 360 is better then the PS3... way better
    Care to qualify that?

(underlined emphasis added by me )
    "I want to be more like the ocean, no talking, all action"
    - Jane's Addiction

"Ga-blaaaaagh!!"
    - Liliane Eva

"The grammar corrections around here are officially old and tired."
    - Celeste

SSBB 0688-4932-4039 BAM- bamblakopz's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    5768-6741-0422-9558
    Quote Originally Posted by [DT]
    Care to qualify that?

(underlined emphasis added by me )
    Although it is $50 a year, Xbox's online is unmatched... Its site is very good and helpful allowing u to do almost as much as u can do on ur actual xbox... The achievements allow good replay value on the games.... It has a great line up of games... Better then the ps3's...
    All of the good ps3 games are also on the Xbox 360... Heavenly sword and God of war are the only exceptions to that.... And the most important part... Halo3 trumps all... Go to bungie.net and sign up... even if u don't have the game and u will see what that game has to offer.... everything u can think of!!!
    For fun games for the whole family.. and the best games... pick Nintendo wii... for graphics and "hardcore" games.... (if thats wat u wanna call it....) Pick the xbox 360....
    Yes PS3 beats xbox 360 graphically but barely... and 360 beats ps3 in every other category...

VideoGameCountdown (Youtube)

!QUOTE OF THE DAY!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Krusnik
    Whoops. I actually meant "Depends what games you're interested in and then we'll tell you if it be worth it to sell the Pro." My bad.

and Caswany, if it's for your kids (I'm assuming they're younger children), then you should definantly go with the Wii. They'll get a kick out of it and have a lot of fun with it.

yes i have yound kids and thank you for your input

Member #
    Friends
    Thanks to everyone for the good info. I think I'm going with the wii for the youngsters.

Member #
    Friends
    Yeah, I'd definetly say the wii for younger kids, you should also buy some extra wiimotes, and some mario games to start them off.

Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Sonic and the Secret Rings, Warioware Smooth Moves, Guitar Hero III Legends of Rock, Super Paper Mario, Wii Play, Mercury Meltdown Revolution, Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz
    -=Join the NEW Sonic Fan Club, PM FLYNNN=-

Member #
    Friends
    6487-0727-1500-1514
    Quote Originally Posted by bamblakopz
    Although it is $50 a year, Xbox's online is unmatched... Its site is very good and helpful allowing u to do almost as much as u can do on ur actual xbox... The achievements allow good replay value on the games.... It has a great line up of games... Better then the ps3's...
    All of the good ps3 games are also on the Xbox 360... Heavenly sword and God of war are the only exceptions to that.... And the most important part... Halo3 trumps all... Go to bungie.net and sign up... even if u don't have the game and u will see what that game has to offer.... everything u can think of!!!
    For fun games for the whole family.. and the best games... pick Nintendo wii... for graphics and "hardcore" games.... (if thats wat u wanna call it....) Pick the xbox 360....
    Yes PS3 beats xbox 360 graphically but barely... and 360 beats ps3 in every other category...
    PS3 online is free. While it's not yet as good as the 360's... it's free.

Achievements are extremely lame. It's really not impressive to complete some arbitrary task and gain points to show off to other xbox gamers. But if that's really something you want, the PS3 will have trophies soon which amount to the same type of thing.

The ps3 has so many great exclusives; God of War, Heavenly Sword, Metal Gear Solid, Little Big Planet, Final Fantasy, Folklore, etc.

Which leads me to your halo 3 comment. Something which I really have to strongly disagree with. That game is trash. Halo 2 was also trash. Halo 1 was reasonably good, or at least worth playing if you had an xbox. In my opinion at least.

You can't really say that the PS3 has better graphics yet either. It doesn't. It has greater graphics capabilities, that's for sure, due to the extreme amount of disc space and the architecture that the PS3 uses. But you can't just compare the graphics of the 2 consoles, say that the ps3 is best at that, and then claim that the 360 is better in every other category. You sound like a fanboy.

The way to do things is to post why you believe that your console is better than the other, with actual examples. Then others who believe otherwise, can post a reply with facts about the opposing console. And so on and so forth, until a fair discussion ensues.

If you'd like to try again, you're very welcome to.

Come to think of it, this discussion is in the wrong section anyway. If you want to compare the 360 and the PS3, post in either of those sections.
    *Image Removed By Moderator*

Ads