LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by wezeles
    Beyond that your best bet is to look around for an HDTV scaler/upconverter that closely matches the ratio of your t.v. then

Thanks again, where would i find one of these upscalers? i looked around on ebay and found none. any ideas? are they any good? someone previously stated this but said they are garbage. is this the case. Thanks

Member #
    Friends
    What is a good game that shows the wii's capability? some people suggested metroid prime 3. to be honest i played the first one on the cube and i couldnt get into it. i may download the trailer, can you do this on the VC site? i will probably end up getting mario galaxy. mario games are the best IMO. i have paper mario but its not what i expected, good but not a typical mario game for me. cant wait for the new mario kart

Member #
    Friends
    Get Galexy. I think this game will show good on your TV well and I think you will enjoy it.

Guru of everything Ninty wezeles's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    for HDTV upconverter/scalers your going to need to check out Electronic specialty sites and stores..lol and i was the one who said they were garbage... they arnt bad but it really is a patch job i think... its not the best picture quality for what they claim it can do... but its still way way better than not using one...

Just be careful and make sure if you do buy one that it says it will increase the picture quality to HDTV... alot of times they try to play these things off as upconverters but they are really just adapters to go from one style input to another...

Here is a popular one
    http://www.hdtvsupply.com/composite-...converter.html

and this one
    http://www.cwol.com/hdtv/hdtv-video-scaler-dvi.htm

I like this one best, although its DVI output so you would need a DVI to HDMI adapter "unless you can find the same one in HDMI" i dont think your model offers DVI inputs, downside is it doesn't have Audio inputs so if your using the t.v. itself for sound instead of a surround sound system your going to have to figure that out... but eaither way invest in surround sound..lol you didn't spend 2 grand for a t.v. to listen to it in stereo sound... ha ha

i used this brand on my old bosses entertainment system when he went and bought a fancy 60 LCD HD 1080p... comes to me freaked out and said most his shows looked like crap and the t.v. wasnt backwards compatibal enough to fix it... only decent looking shows were the HD channels and even then they wernt great...

It outputs in in DVI so you get a nice HD signal and it matches your 1920x1080 res... so its about as good as your gonna get

the best thing is it has composite,s-video,componet so any older video source you have you can plug into say a switchbox and just select between them and have this push it out in HD... It will work for DVD,Cable boxes,game consoles,vcr, whatever... the bad thing is alot of times you have to adjust it for each individual source to make it look perfect...

These things pretty much fill in the blanks when a T.V. cant... has lots of adjustability and its own menu.. fairly easy to use but to be able to enjoy the old with the new its kinda required....

you can look around for a better price or different brand just make sure when it upconverts it matches as close to your t.v's native resolution as possibal

hope that helps... not a tone of people making them and they go for a decent price... but dont think of it just for your Wii, i wouldnt tell anyone to buy a 250 dollar converter to make there Wii Look as good as there 360 or PS3...lol

but you will need it for your regular t.v. watching aswell..

if you have alot of older audio video stuff you would like to upconvert/scale you might even want to try one of the switcher boxes that lets you hook up more than one device at a time
    http://www.hdtvsupply.com/gefen-ext-...aler-plus.html and you get 3 free cables... a nice thing considering thats what nickles and dimes the Entertainment guru to death..
    Last edited by wezeles; 01-08-2008 at 02:33 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    thanks, ill check those out.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by damofr
    thanks for all the comments. much appreciated. to clear things up though...i am in no way,shape or form comparing the graphics to the 360 and/or expecting the same results. i have purchased the official Wii component cables and changed the setting to EDTV/Hd at 480p and have tried it on all the settings except that what big williiy prev stated about the screen size which is my next test.
    i dont expect great graphics its not what i want. i had a gcube and to some extent they have similarities in game titles and to put it bluntly "baby games with baby graphics" which is fine cos i like that, i just want a little more smooth graphics around the edges, look at the close up of the bowling lane. i know the anti liasing is poor on wii games but that is like stepped.

if this is normal please just state - if thats the case then fine ill move on, its just some people say it looks really good and smooth and thats all im trying to do.
    thanks everyone
    I have 2 HDTV's, one of them is the same model Samsung you have, but in 42", and I get the same results on both tv's. It's just the way the Wii looks on HD Tv's, and I am ok with it. Of course it won't look like the HD we are used to, but the graphics get the job done, even if they are a little blurry.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Ads