LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Wii looks Terrible

hi all, iv just signed up today so sorry if this has been covered numerous times.

i have a SAMSUNG LE40M87BDX LCD tv and looks awesome with the xbox 360. thats with a hdmi cable so i know i cant expect the same with the wii but.
    i got a wii for xmas and it just looks terrible. on wii sports the miis and like the bowling pins are just really jagged and the anti liasing thing jsut doesnt appear to do anything.

so i went out and bought the component cables, plugged them in and it has made no differance at all and im very dissapointed cos i love the wii.

i have put it on the edtv 480p and tried all the other settings and diffenrt settings on my tv and just dont know what to do. my tv is 40inch and when bowling it takes the whole screen up and you cant even see the pins down the lane, its just a mass of blur.
    mario party 8 is the same.

please help. thanks

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    idn what to tell you, u dont buy a wii for the graphics.

unless you think theres actually something wrong, take pictures and post them, it could help others help you.

Gamertag/PSN ID=SensesFailxWiix if you add me send me a message via console or wiichat

Member #
    Friends
    thanks. i know it wasnt super graphics but its all too jagged and friends and collegues state theres looks good and that my experiance doesnt sound right

Member #
    Friends
    yeah the wii is VERY jagged.. one of my main bitches about the wii. graphics were smoother on the ps2.

Gamertag/PSN ID=SensesFailxWiix if you add me send me a message via console or wiichat

Member #
    Friends
    Check your settings...

It almost sounds like you're using the wrong aspect ratio or something.

My graphics aren't jagged at all. But then I'm not on an HDTV.
    Still, My friends, who ARE playing on an HDTV, their graphics are smooth as well. In the Wii console setting, there are graphics settings, and you need to make sure you set the console for the correct aspect ratio.
    Pokemon Diamond: Name:Sif FC:3952 3555 4891

Now Trading 1st, 3rd, & 4th gen starters, Phione, Rotom, Porygon, Dratini, Kecleon, Feebas, Castform, Tyrogue, and anything else I can breed.

Member #
    Friends
    4103-2900-3267-1697
    Quote Originally Posted by CrowTRobot
    Omg It's Been Known For A Year And 1/2 That The Wii's Graphics Aren't As Good As Ps3 Or 360 Yet I'm Still Going Buy It Anyway And Complain About It Lololololololololo.
    Dude... not helping.

Damofr, what component cables did you get? I've heard of people having problems with generic cables, and things getting better with the Nintendo cables.

Hope this issues clears up for you (sorry for the pun). Most people don't expect awesome graphics from the Wii, but they shouldn't be what you're describing.

If you can take some pictures and post them we can tell you if it what you're looking at really is wrong or not.

Member #
    Friends
    There's probably nothing wrong with it. Its probably that your just used to HDTV with Xbox, especially since you have the highest resolution on your xbox. I just recently got a 720p resolution plasma monitor hooked up to my xbox and it improves graphics 10x. So you probably see Wii having really bad graphics. Just buy Nintendo titles for the Wii because everything else looks pretty ugly compared to Xbox.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by thedaini
    Dude... not helping.
    Dude...you smell like a wet basement.
    "Kids, let me tell you about another so-called "wicked" guy. He had long hair and some wild ideas, and he didn't always do what other people thought was right. And that man's name was... I forget. But the point is... well, I forget that too. Marge, you know who I'm talking about. He used to drive that blue car?"

Member #
    Friends
    lol.....that's not good for a 1st post......the wii might not be looking like the 360 but it definitely not looks terrible.....

also, if you got a wii for graphics, then i'm really sorry, also if you want graphics on wii, wii sports or mario party 8 are not for graphics, you should try "Metroid Prime 3" or "Super Mario Galaxy" for Wii graphics....

Member #
    Friends
    6873-9817-9041-2501
    Quote Originally Posted by CrowTRobot
    Omg It's Been Known For A Year And 1/2 That The Wii's Graphics Aren't As Good As Ps3 Or 360 Yet I'm Still Going Buy It Anyway And Complain About It Lololololololololo.
    I don't think he is really complaining so much about the graphics as much as he is wondering if HIS are abnormally bad.

All I can say is that I have been a 360 owner since launch on a 50" 1080p TV (so I have seen some nice graphics) and with the component cables I am pretty happy with the graphics on the Wii. They aren't spectacular, but they aren't horrible either.
    Currently playing: Super Swing Golf Season 2

Games Owned: Super Mario Galaxy, Super Swing Golf Season 2, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Zelda Twilight Princess, Trauma Center New Blood, Harry Potter OOTP, Zak & Wiki, Metroid Prime 3, Big Brain Academy, Battalion Wars 2

VC Games Owned: Punch Out, Legend of Zelda, SMB 3, Super Mario World, Super Metroid

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads