Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 512mb Memory?

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by RadNad
    Is there a mod out there that could let you attach an External Hard Drive to your Wii yet? The Wii has been out for ages, so possibly someone has made one.
    No, there is nothing like that yet.

Member #
    Friends
    Agreed.

I think the memory of the wii can and will be expanded. I've been thinking guys and lets remember, the wii is targeted at Casual an non players. I've been playing video games for over 20 years and my desire as well as other long time gamers has increased substantially.

It will take newbies years b4 there desire reaches the desire of long time gamers. Now on the otherhand, the wii is capable of expanding, but someone needs to tell Nintendo to get the malassis out there A%* and come on with it.

I still have a fair amount of memory left but i'm still waiting for some type of storage device be it harddrive, which is unlikely, but who knows; or allowing games to be play from a SD card.

Nintendo has finally made it back to the top, would some one tell them it wont last long if they don't start thinking about there customers! Especially the hardcore!

Member #
    Friends
    7386-4503-0880-0194
    Quote Originally Posted by sremick
    Then all they needed to do was allow you to have your SD (or SDHC) card simply add to main memory and work seamlessly as a unified amount of memory. This would allow the end-user to buy whatever amount of extra memory they chose (or not buy any at all) while not increasing the system price. But Nintendo didn't do this mind-numbingly obvious thing.
    That is exactly what they should do! It would make perfect sense, why they haven't done this since the beginning is beyond me.

Member #
    Friends
    i agree why cant they just give u 1gb
    my friend has a 4gb sd card he says it only lest him go to 2gb
    ive heard from other sites that some mess up and only let u save up to 4gb

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by ki11er4311
    my friend has a 4gb sd card he says it only lest him go to 2gb
    Yes, this is normal. 2+ GB support requires special support, which the Wii probably doesn't have (yet?). That's why I mentioned SDHC, which removes this issue.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_...d_larger_cards
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Member #
    Friends
    The SD card idea is great BUT nintendo only use it to make backups, not for live data for real play (this is so stupid). Anyway I love my Wii

Member #
    Friends
    0268-1297-5512-7485
    This just proves my point. It seems nintendo have made a cynical plan to make us pay through the nose for extra add-ons(i.e- a possible Hard drive?) as a sacrifice for a cheaper initial outlay compared to 360 and PS3

WII GAMES:-
    Wii Sports (obviously!)
    Super Mario Galaxy
    Mario and Sonic at the Olympics
    The Godfather. Blackhand Edition

Member #
    Friends
    0268-1297-5512-7485
    Proves my point. It seems Nintendo have had a long term and cynical vision to rip us off. They must have known that the memory wasn't big enough and it doesn't take a genius to see that they will have a Hard drive on the market soon . Just another way to make us pay

WII GAMES:-
    Wii Sports (obviously!)
    Super Mario Galaxy
    Mario and Sonic at the Olympics
    The Godfather. Blackhand Edition

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Well Nintendo has said there's no hard drive in the works for the Wii and they don't plan on making one, so I'm not sure how that will rip us off.

Only thing I can think of is a "Gen 2" Wii with more memory, and maybe some other token features (DVD support?). Might also explain the Wii shortage: keep the demand high, so there'll be guaranteed demand for a revamped version of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by phillepino
    I think they did this to keep the wii's price to a minimum.

If they increased the memory capacity won't u think they would have to increase the price in order to make profit?

If they do increase the price, then the wii's cheap pricing system will be utterly destroyed and those casual gamers will have less chance of buying the wii.
    You can buy 512mb usb keys for $10 retail right now with a case and usb interface and all, I can only imagine the price for 10m units of 512mb flash memory hardware, instead of using 1x4gb use 10x 512 and make the thing weigh an extra 1/2 lb and 1 inch longer.
    Being really good at video games is not a real accomplishment in life.

Ads