Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 512mb Memory?

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by phillepino
    I think they did this to keep the wii's price to a minimum.

If they increased the memory capacity won't u think they would have to increase the price in order to make profit?

If they do increase the price, then the wii's cheap pricing system will be utterly destroyed and those casual gamers will have less chance of buying the wii.

The Wii is the only system that the companies make money off of. Xbox 360's and PS3's are sold at a loss. The Wii cost about 160 dollars in terms of production cost (not including dev cost). They could have easily added on 2 gb flash memory that cost about 15 dollars.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    8655-2652-5242-9777
    they're coming out with a usb drive compatable update.
    Current systems: Wii, PSP, DS(sux), N64, and PS2.
    PM me if you want to play Socom Fireteam Bravo 2 online! Need wii friend codes!

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Chase&Fred
    they're coming out with a usb drive compatable update.
    What do you mean? And can you please reference a source? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Member #
    Friends
    prove it fredchaser give us wiichat members some evidence.
    Hey everyone it's me MRCOOLGH its been forever and a half since I came back on in fact its been at least a year and a half since I was here. Last time I visited Wiichat was 02-26-2008 and I'm gald to be back everyone!

Member #
    Friends
    6555-2844-7958-4986
    i only have enough memory for a couple of saves and thats it. vc games take up most of them and i dont want to have to delete them and re-download later. that dumb. and i hope they do come out with some kind of hard drive. at least like 4 gigs.
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends

hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by lattes
    I don't have a lot to complain about with my Wii, but this is one of them. Why on earth would you have 512mb of memory? I have a 4gb Micro SD card that is the size of my thumbnail. I mean, come on, 512mb is nothing.
    Well i dont know why your whinging.... compared to PS2 which has 0mb memory and needs memory cards, id say 512mb is pretty dam good.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by phillepino
    I think they did this to keep the wii's price to a minimum.

If they increased the memory capacity won't u think they would have to increase the price in order to make profit?

If they do increase the price, then the wii's cheap pricing system will be utterly destroyed and those casual gamers will have less chance of buying the wii.
    Right to a point, but you can buy a Toshiba 1GB Flash Drive for $AU9.95. The actual flash memory only costs $2-3 probably. Which means Nintendo are possibly paying manufacturers $1-1.50 for the main storage area on their system. They should have had at least 2GB.

Member #
    Friends
    6555-2844-7958-4986
    Quote Originally Posted by bubs
    Well i dont know why your whinging.... compared to PS2 which has 0mb memory and needs memory cards, id say 512mb is pretty dam good.
    the ps2 is like 7 years old. how can you compare that to the wii?
    i think the original xbox had more memory but that came after the ps2
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by bubs
    The PS2 didn't have Virtual Console games that you were encouraged to download, or "channels", or any downloadable Guitar Hero content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Member #
    Friends
    the original xbox had like 4 gig of hd space. it was on an actual hd though. nintendo's is not. it's not as simple as adding some weight and space for the size of a jump drive. it's more involved than that.

the original xbox was huge and really heavy. they still make games for the ps2, and they still sell them.

GThwait,
    why would anybody sell an item that costs them $? you know that microsoft and sony are making $. it's not proffitable to make consoles and taking a loss...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Ads