Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 512mb Memory?

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

512mb Memory?

I don't have a lot to complain about with my Wii, but this is one of them. Why on earth would you have 512mb of memory? I have a 4gb Micro SD card that is the size of my thumbnail. I mean, come on, 512mb is nothing.
    Being really good at video games is not a real accomplishment in life.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Agreed, especially with the popularity of virtual console games. I've already heard about people filling up their Wii's memory.

And then what happens when Nintendo finally gets their heads out of their posteriors concerning online? Like downloadable Guitar Hero content? Where does it go? You think the 512 is filling up fast now, just you wait...

Doesn't help that the SD card slot is virtually useless in this regard. Another idiotic design decision by Nintendo.

Don't get me wrong: I love my Wii, but I'm no mindless fanboy... Nintendo has made some utterly-stupid intentional limitations with the unit and I'm perfectly willing to call them out on them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Member #
    Friends
    6873-9817-9041-2501
    Quote Originally Posted by sremick
    Agreed, especially with the popularity of virtual console games. I've already heard about people filling up their Wii's memory.

And then what happens when Nintendo finally gets their heads out of their posteriors concerning online? Like downloadable Guitar Hero content? Where does it go? You think the 512 is filling up fast now, just you wait...

Doesn't help that the SD card slot is virtually useless in this regard. Another idiotic design decision by Nintendo.

Don't get me wrong: I love my Wii, but I'm no mindless fanboy... Nintendo has made some utterly-stupid intentional limitations with the unit and I'm perfectly willing to call them out on them.
    100% agreed.

Heck, I have had my Wii a week now and half its memory is gone with VC downloads.

Maybe an external hard drive that WILL allow you to play VC content off it will be the answer....who knows.
    Currently playing: Super Swing Golf Season 2

Games Owned: Super Mario Galaxy, Super Swing Golf Season 2, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Zelda Twilight Princess, Trauma Center New Blood, Harry Potter OOTP, Zak & Wiki, Metroid Prime 3, Big Brain Academy, Battalion Wars 2

VC Games Owned: Punch Out, Legend of Zelda, SMB 3, Super Mario World, Super Metroid

Member #
    Friends
    4855-3513-2198-8739
    Agreed as well.
    Tip of the day:
    A big mistake a lot of you make is that wiiware games will be free.

Wiiware is just the same like the virtual console. Its different in that it offers new games instead of old console games.

I can think of some easy games ( Like tetris and some other in that direction ) that can be free but the majority will cost money.

Member #
    Friends
    0505-6993-9515-7982
    agreed^^^^
    Steam ID: Mintoisking
    Xbox live GT: Sir Minto
    PSN ID: Mintoisgod

Member #
    Friends
    5481-6878-4567-7796
    I think they did this to keep the wii's price to a minimum.

If they increased the memory capacity won't u think they would have to increase the price in order to make profit?

If they do increase the price, then the wii's cheap pricing system will be utterly destroyed and those casual gamers will have less chance of buying the wii.
    Super Smash Brawl FC : 2921-8748-2416

Are u from the west coast and do you play 2v2?
    Add us and other people who play 2vs2 as well from this thread:
    http://www.wiichat.com/pacific-west/...westcoast.html

Member #
    Friends
    I agree too, but when you think about it the VC games are there for old time sakes. I don't see any reason for people to buy a shitload of games from VC unless they loved every single title. Then again I can see that happening.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by phillepino
    I think they did this to keep the wii's price to a minimum.

If they increased the memory capacity won't u think they would have to increase the price in order to make profit?

If they do increase the price, then the wii's cheap pricing system will be utterly destroyed and those casual gamers will have less chance of buying the wii.
    Then all they needed to do was allow you to have your SD (or SDHC) card simply add to main memory and work seamlessly as a unified amount of memory. This would allow the end-user to buy whatever amount of extra memory they chose (or not buy any at all) while not increasing the system price. But Nintendo didn't do this mind-numbingly obvious thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Get The Funk In The Car! RadNad's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Is there a mod out there that could let you attach an External Hard Drive to your Wii yet? The Wii has been out for ages, so possibly someone has made one.

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Well right now (Had my Wii since last April) 512mb is looking like a good number.
    I have played a lot of games, saved them and downloaded VC titles etc.

But surely by coming April my memory will be less and less, a hard drive is needed. Hopefully Nintendo has thought about that, and will release a hard drive of some sort.

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads