LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I think VGChartz has it right tbh. And what do you mean "i personally think sony sold 7-8 million" no offense but how the hell would you know? lol.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    2826-3679-3570-3759
    The Wii is still going to dominate the other consoles
    Pure Aussie

come to the dark side.... dark samus's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    7159-9733-2785-0220
    i think wii will dominate for a few years, dud you know amazon sold 3 wiis every second?

guitar hero friend code: 451091730984
    PM me if you wanna add me.

come to the dark side.... dark samus's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    7159-9733-2785-0220
    i think wii will dominate for a few years, dud you know amazon sold 3 wiis every second? in 07.

sorry for double post, accident

guitar hero friend code: 451091730984
    PM me if you wanna add me.

Member #
    Friends
    vgchartz is not a reliable source for sales. Go try and edit Wii/Xbox/PS3 wikipedia page about sales and they will delete what you do because they dont take vgchartz as a source. It has to be an official article from a reliable source.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Guru of everything Ninty wezeles's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    lol yes cause everyone knows Wiki is the all knowing source of the world... please some of there pages are full of so much bull its not funny... Fill in the Blank encyclopedia on the web..lol get real..

the argument isnt if you can use VG charts as a source for Wiki... its if its a reliable source... and based on the way they do the equation to come up with there charts, its by far the more reliable unbiased source than any other on the web...We already know that 360 has shipped 17.7 million thats not being argued here..

i mean we can break it down to what the company says they sell for the most accurate overall sales... thats fine but thats not an accurate outlook of how the console is acctually selling...
    Last edited by wezeles; 01-07-2008 at 10:10 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    PS3 got destroyed, go Nintendo.
    With much love, 261311.

Quote Originally Posted by JT.
    Maybe it's implying yoshi is an animal, and not just a mutated green prostitute mario likes to ride
    -=Join the Waluigi Fan Club=-

Member #
    Friends
    Man Wii fit isn't even out yet over here. It's really funny to see people fight over these numbers. The PS3 owners still claim the PS3 doing so much better in the "other" category. The xbox 360 has some what stalled. I'm not sure why? So far nintendo really is doing their job as a platform provider. It doesn't really matter how you get to 20 million,yet how fast matters a lot.

Hey but really these numbers are not worth fighting over because no matter what you do online you can't stop the people who don't care about what your opinion is. Nintendo proved that this gen. Nintendo will win simply because the other fan boys ignore it and don't really control what the masses think about gaming any more.

What is important though is that MS and SONY and even nintendo learn from this gen.

Member #
    Friends
    4496-9128-1304-3457
    Thank you, Sovieto. The reason people tend to believe VGchartz is they update the website every month or two to match the current console sales. However as I said before they only add up and not down. This is why the 360 has such a massive gap on their website.

Their sales numbers are wrong, even for games like Super Mario Brothers. You can get exact sales figures from the NPD on websites like Gamedeveloper. They have been tracking game sales long before websites like VGchartz even existed. Rely on the websites that report real numbers and not the fakes.

Guru of everything Ninty wezeles's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    The NPD is one of the sources VG chartz uses you twit...lol

They adjusted sales numbers in october for the 360 based on NPD information for the states... and the NPD is only an american tracking/market research firm... so they only account for sales in the USA...

when it comes to "console wars" that doesn't matter...its the whole picture world wide... and besides VG the next best thing your going to get is quartly sales reports from each company... Again these are overall sales not "units in the home"

And unless you want to go count up every different console sitting on the shelf worldwide VG is your only other source at all for anything even close to real world sales figures... Give it up already guys you might not agree with the numbers but its the best thing we got so far with the information we have...

im not a huge VG chartz fanboy or anything but unless you can show me another site that does a more complete job then they do, then dont bother...

Ads