LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 34
  1. #1
    WiiChat Member Swendo64's Avatar
    Member #
    45953
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    10
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

    To Play Gamecube Games You Need a Different Controller?

    I recently rented Incredibles Rise of the Underminer for Gamecube after getting a Wii for Christmas, and I put it in, and then both my Wii controlers shut of when it gets to the starting menu. Both are fully charged, so they didn't run out of batteries. I have seen a classic Wii controler and think maybe that I need that...???

  2. #2
    ojo
    ojo is offline
    Life... ojo's Avatar
    Member #
    32099
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    184
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7902-8664-3910-2343
    You need a gamecube controller in order to play gamecube games. The classic controller does not work for gamecube games.

    Carpe Diem (Seize the day)

  3. #3
    Asstnt to the Rgnl Mngr smyth's Avatar
    Member #
    34898
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Brick, NJ
    Posts
    478
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3517-9799-4262-2418
    Quote Originally Posted by Swendo64
    I recently rented Incredibles Rise of the Underminer for Gamecube after getting a Wii for Christmas, and I put it in, and then both my Wii controlers shut of when it gets to the starting menu. Both are fully charged, so they didn't run out of batteries. I have seen a classic Wii controler and think maybe that I need that...???


    and to do a search you need a keyboard, which you apparently have...
    or you could use "eyes" and read your owners manual...


    I am fast. To give you a reference point, I'm somewhere between a snake and a mongoose. And a panther.
    ~Argue for your limitations,and they're yours...
    -Feel free to add my wii and send me a message and i'll add you back
    -Mario Strikers Charged: 442495 403215
    -MoH: H2 Persona- DexterMorgan114


  4. #4
    Got lifeboat? sremick's Avatar
    Member #
    27061
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Vermont, USA
    Posts
    1,130
    Friends
    25
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    And if you want to save, you need Gamecube memory cartridges. You can't save Gamecube stuff to the Wii's internal memory.

    Luckily I don't care about using my Wii for anything Gamecube-related, because it'd be a royal pain in the arse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

  5. #5
    The Sound of Silence AceAlabama's Avatar
    Member #
    36167
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Abbotsford, BC
    Posts
    509
    Friends
    2
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6967-1017-4807-2201
    Quote Originally Posted by smyth
    and to do a search you need a keyboard, which you apparently have...
    or you could use "eyes" and read your owners manual...
    REPPED

    -=Join The Waluigi Fan Club=-

    52 Members and still alive!


    regsvr32 actxprxy.dll


  6. #6
    Got lifeboat? sremick's Avatar
    Member #
    27061
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Vermont, USA
    Posts
    1,130
    Friends
    25
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by AceAlabama
    REPPED
    Ahh, sarcasm is appreciated and encouraged from everyone but me.

    Although no doubt if Swendon had been female with some sexy avatar photo of herself, the hoards would have come to defend her and things would've gone quite badly for smyth.

    Not talking about you, Ace... no worries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

  7. #7
    Asstnt to the Rgnl Mngr smyth's Avatar
    Member #
    34898
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Brick, NJ
    Posts
    478
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3517-9799-4262-2418
    Quote Originally Posted by AceAlabama
    REPPED

    Thanks. I'll be sure to hit you back later.





    Quote Originally Posted by sremick
    Ahh, sarcasm is appreciated and encouraged from everyone but me.

    Although no doubt if Swendon had been female with some sexy avatar photo of herself, the hoards would have come to defend her and things would've gone quite badly for smyth.

    Not talking about you, Ace... no worries.


    Haha you're probably right, i'm willing to take my chances though And in my opinion, a stupid question is a stupid question no matter who is asking it. I don't mind reading weird, seemingly simple questions but this same one has been answered in a multitude of different threads and could have easily been answered by reading the manual or going to nintendo.com to find it in the tech section. It's just silly, i'm lazy but not that lazy.




    kyle


    I am fast. To give you a reference point, I'm somewhere between a snake and a mongoose. And a panther.
    ~Argue for your limitations,and they're yours...
    -Feel free to add my wii and send me a message and i'll add you back
    -Mario Strikers Charged: 442495 403215
    -MoH: H2 Persona- DexterMorgan114


  8. #8
    Junior Member prestige's Avatar
    Member #
    45987
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

    gamecube discs

    hi there i got a wii for xmas but just bought a gamecube game with the dance mat call me stupid but the discs are smaller do they still work on the wii without some sort of adapter

  9. #9
    Asstnt to the Rgnl Mngr smyth's Avatar
    Member #
    34898
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Brick, NJ
    Posts
    478
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3517-9799-4262-2418
    Quote Originally Posted by prestige
    hi there i got a wii for xmas but just bought a gamecube game with the dance mat call me stupid but the discs are smaller do they still work on the wii without some sort of adapter



    haha, this is a joke right? you're just messing with me i hope!!!????

    if you are actually seriously asking that question, here's the answer...

    READ THE OWNERS MANUAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


    I am fast. To give you a reference point, I'm somewhere between a snake and a mongoose. And a panther.
    ~Argue for your limitations,and they're yours...
    -Feel free to add my wii and send me a message and i'll add you back
    -Mario Strikers Charged: 442495 403215
    -MoH: H2 Persona- DexterMorgan114


  10. #10
    Got lifeboat? sremick's Avatar
    Member #
    27061
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Vermont, USA
    Posts
    1,130
    Friends
    25
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    The answer is right in your manual and on the Nintendo support site. Or available to you if you simply tried putting the disc in to see if it'd work.

    http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/sys...upGameDisc.jsp
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search tags for this page

can you play gamecub incredibles on the wii
,
gamecube game on wii need controller
,
gamecube games in wii controller
,

gamecube games on wii controller

,
gamecube games wii controller
,
how do you play gamecube on wii
,
play gamecube games with classic controller
,
play gamecube on wii
,

wii controller for gamecube games

,

wii controller gamecube games

,
wii controller on gamecube games
,
wii controllers with gamecube games
Click on a term to search for related topics.