Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Guru of everything Ninty wezeles's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    ya ps3 is still a year behind 360 with the basically the same games and a higher price, and nintendo has the sales advantage on both of them...

ps3 needs a good price drop and huge marketing effort to stay in it... not to mention some good exclusive games... Even then i think the best sony can expect is to be fighting for second place this round

and they wont make a wii2 anytime soon.. even so that would be a different Gen system and it wouldn't count in this War...

Although if nintendo is the first to drop out of this gen atleast it would give the other 2 a fighting chance to take first place... "thats if they stop making wii when they move onto the next gen"

2. Ads

WiiChat Member Big_League_Slugger's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0638-7157-7489-3737
    Quote Originally Posted by wezeles
    ya ps3 is still a year behind 360 with the basically the same games and a higher price, and nintendo has the sales advantage on both of them...

ps3 needs a good price drop and huge marketing effort to stay in it... not to mention some good exclusive games... Even then i think the best sony can expect is to be fighting for second place this round

and they wont make a wii2 anytime soon.. even so that would be a different Gen system and it wouldn't count in this War...

Although if nintendo is the first to drop out of this gen atleast it would give the other 2 a fighting chance to take first place... "thats if they stop making wii when they move onto the next gen"
    PS3 has GOOD exclusives and have great ones on the way. Personally I don't think they need a price cut. $399 for a 40gb is a good price compared to the 360 pro. Plus a major difference between the 360 and PS3 is that the 360 uses standard dvd. Bluray gives you room to do more things.

Question about the wii is how long can it sustain its sales.

PSN: Lou-igi
    Gametag:G8torNation

Member #
    Friends
    So far the amount of space of HD DVD compared to Blu-ray doesn't seem to affect Xbox so console specifics shouldn't even play a role in reality. PS3 will have good exclusives coming, thats whats going to boost their sales. That and $400 is more managable for people than $500. Though, you shouldn't praise the 40gig version to much. The biggest downfall when buying the 40gig that I had was you cannot play and PS2 games at all. To tell you the truth, getting rid of the 20gig for only $350 with backward compatability for a 40gig with no backward was stupid as hell. I ended up regretting waiting for a price drop for the PS3 cuz they stop production on 20 gig. I dont even need 40gig.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    3517-9799-4262-2418
    Quote Originally Posted by T3kNi9e
    So far the amount of space of HD DVD compared to Blu-ray doesn't seem to affect Xbox so console specifics shouldn't even play a role in reality. PS3 will have good exclusives coming, thats whats going to boost their sales. That and $400 is more managable for people than $500. Though, you shouldn't praise the 40gig version to much. The biggest downfall when buying the 40gig that I had was you cannot play and PS2 games at all. To tell you the truth, getting rid of the 20gig for only $350 with backward compatability for a 40gig with no backward was stupid as hell. I ended up regretting waiting for a price drop for the PS3 cuz they stop production on 20 gig. I dont even need 40gig.

completely agree, i'll be getting PS3 for MGS4, most definitely, an although i don't need the bigger HDD i won't be getting the 40 gig due to the lack of backwards compatibility.... i don't know what they were thinking with that

kyle

I am fast. To give you a reference point, I'm somewhere between a snake and a mongoose. And a panther.
    ~Argue for your limitations,and they're yours...
    -Feel free to add my wii and send me a message and i'll add you back
    -Mario Strikers Charged: 442495 403215
    -MoH: H2 Persona- DexterMorgan114

WiiChat Member Big_League_Slugger's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0638-7157-7489-3737
    There games don't use HD-DVD's, correct? Maybe I'm wrong but I thought the 360 used standard DVD's for their games. Thats the big diffence standard DVD to Bluray.

As for the backwards compatability, I dont think its that big of a deal overall. People for the most part still have their PS2's and still use them.

PSN: Lou-igi
    Gametag:G8torNation

Member #
    Friends
    Oops, my fault I didnt mean to say HD DVD, I duno what I was thinking, I meant DVD-DL

and backward compatability really is a big deal. Its supposed to free up space, or allow you to trade it in for atleast some money to help pay for the PS3. Its not nice to have a old PS2 laying around or taking up space. Now my PS2 is sitting on top of a subwoofer speaker for whenever I feel like hitting up some GoW2 and Shadow of the Colossus.
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    3517-9799-4262-2418
    Oops, my fault I didnt mean to say HD DVD, I duno what I was thinking, I meant DVD-DL

and backward compatability really is a big deal. Its supposed to free up space, or allow you to trade it in for atleast some money to help pay for the PS3. Its not nice to have a old PS2 laying around or taking up space. Now my PS2 is sitting on top of a subwoofer speaker for whenever I feel like hitting up some GoW2 and Shadow of the Colossus.

i just want the backward compatibility to save space on the power strip. i still like playing some of the older ps2 games from time to time, hell i still play NES, SNES, N64, Playstation and Atari 2600 games. haha

kyle

I am fast. To give you a reference point, I'm somewhere between a snake and a mongoose. And a panther.
    ~Argue for your limitations,and they're yours...
    -Feel free to add my wii and send me a message and i'll add you back
    -Mario Strikers Charged: 442495 403215
    -MoH: H2 Persona- DexterMorgan114

Guru of everything Ninty wezeles's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    Quote Originally Posted by smyth
    completely agree, i'll be getting PS3 for MGS4, most definitely, an although i don't need the bigger HDD i won't be getting the 40 gig due to the lack of backwards compatibility.... i don't know what they were thinking with that

And that is a huge deal, Ive seen tons of parents complaining that they got a ps3 for there kids and it wont play the ps2 games, when they were told it would...
    The casual gamer doesnt care about specifics or look at them, console stats wont help you sell... they want it cheep and fun...

One things for Sure no one will underestimate the casual gamer anymore.

ps2 thought it was the top system when really it was just the most popular among the casual gamers... this round it happens to be Wii...

every system will always have the Hardcore market that are dedicated to that system no matter how good or bad it is, and the amount of hardcore is about the same for each system currently...

The more important group to market to is the casual gamer. The hardcore will keep you in buisness, the causal gamer will determin your place in the market...

Member #
    Friends
    First off, am i really the only Kingdom hearts fan here? because the only real attraction ps3 has for me right now is kh3. I bought the ps2 for 2 reasons. one, i really don't like the game cube controls. I'm sorry, but i like the controls Nintendo created for the snes. the other reason is that i am a fan of Mario and sonic. i settled for sonic on the cheaper system. But now that Mario AND sonic will always appearer on the Wii, no chance in hell would i settle for the ps3 or the xbox360.

Speaking of which, other then the odd game like luminess, ps3 and xbox 360 games tend to be long lasting names like sim and tony hawk, and fps. I am not a fan of fps, and Nintendo and Sega have always seemed to create the best RPGs, so again, my two favorites are finally together. I can die happy. wait, whats that red dot on my forehead anyway....

Member #
    Friends
    Kingdom hearts was too childish for me when I first saw it with disney characters n shit. By that time I didnt even flip to the disney channel. Besides I personally hate those turn-based japan style rpg.

PS3 appeals to me more for like Metal Gear Solid 4. That game is gonna be great.

Ads