LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 34
  1. #11
    Conquistador T3kNi9e's Avatar
    Member #
    39562
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Augusta, GA
    Posts
    2,231
    Friends
    2
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Actually your wrong and right.

    They can make crap and it will be bought. Because the average Wii owner or buyer is a casual gamer. Infact its said that the average Wii owner doesnt know wtf Super Mario Galaxy is. So yes, they can make trash and the Wii owners will buy it, and yes they can make good games yet there's a good chance it will not sell. Wii does not sell 3rd party games well. So I think thats the main reason why developers still doubt the Wii. If its not a Nintendo game, chances are it wont sell well unless its a very known title like Resident Evil. Look at Zack and Wiki, good game but sold bad. This is going to make Capcom more reluctant to make Wii titles. Maybe thats why they wont make a cut down version of RE5? I don't know.

    Its like some guy at Game Trailer said. A smart company will not spend 2 years creating a great game for the Wii if they can make a crappy mini-game fest for 3 months and get the same sales figures. You can only really blame yourselves if you buy these shit games because it makes it seem like Wii owners are nothing but a bunch of casual mini game lovers. Which in some sense is true if you notice people in these forums seem to like games like that.

    So if I were a developer and I thought "Hmm, I love great games with depth, story, and gameplay. So ill make it on the Wii for those hardcore gamers like me" "No wait... It takes too long and we don't get enough of a profit from the Wii's casual community" "Lets just spend 3 months on a pack of mini-games to raise money to make a great game on the PS3 and Xbox which WILL bring us sales numbers"

    You have to think like a developer that needs to eat. They need money, they can't spend 2 years on a game and get hardly any profit, its just not worth it.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

  2. Ads


  3. #12
    Guru of everything Ninty wezeles's Avatar
    Member #
    16487
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,146
    Friends
    3
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    Quote Originally Posted by in touch with the wii
    dont say i didnt tell you
    look for wii 2 and the company called splashpower around 2010

    that would still be a next gen system not a Wii2 unless you have a picture of this new console or something i doubt its the same thing as the wii, just updated with rechargeable batterys and HD... When they launch a new nintendo its going to have to be as revolutionary as the Wii itself not just an update...
    They wouldnt waste sales of the Wii itself with a Wii2 updated version, specially because they would probably make way less money on because of cost alone...

    ive been in protype for a few years and have gone through numerous launches including electronics.
    they always tell you to have it ready far before the acctual launch date, they have to work out any bugs... if they told him 2010 it will most likely be the end of 2010 at the eairliest, if not into 2011...

    Thats when next Gens are Due out anyways with the standard 5 year time frame, always happens
    "its not some kinda inside info that your dad needs batterys ready by 2010 for there next gen" i doubt it will launch that early myself but it is possibal that next gens start comming out by 2010 with all the advances they have made this round...

    we will most likely see the xbox 720 and even a PS4 at that time aswell "aslong as they arnt going to continue to be stupid and think the PS3 will keep them alive another 10 years"

  4. #13
    Cogito Ergo Sum JAKE196's Avatar
    Member #
    34237
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Williamsburg, VA (U.S.A.)
    Posts
    1,720
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Well we all know the Wii is not going to last 10 years. . .


    but OF COURSE we all know all the Wii is good for is 'brain training.'

    I'm really tired of this BS.
    Wii games: Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Resident Evil 4, Zelda TP, SSX: Blur, Excite Truck, The Godfather, and Mario Kart Wii
    PC games: Call of Duty 4, Halo 1, UT3, F.E.A.R., and The Orange Box.
    PS3 games: Ratchet and Clank F.T.O.D., Resistance 2, Wipeout HD, and MGS4.

  5. #14
    Asstnt to the Rgnl Mngr smyth's Avatar
    Member #
    34898
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Brick, NJ
    Posts
    478
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3517-9799-4262-2418
    it's kind of funny how he said this but (i forget who but someone at) EA said essensially the opposite. He said something to the effect that they made a mistake by basically writing off the wii, and will now begin to take it seriously. Deverent people=different opinions.
    Didn't codemasters only release one game(heatseaker) for wii so far? And IGN rated it at a 5.5. Yes this guy must be right, nintendo is at fault, it has nothing to do with the fact that their company put out a barely medicre game.
    Also like others in this thread have stated, how is it nintendos fault that they make the best games for their console? they put the most time and money into the games for their console, so it would make sense. However that didn't stop EA from making a great game in Medal of Honor: Heroes 2. Which (i know they aren't quite comparable) arguably is a better FPS than Metroid Prime 3: Corruption(yeah i know its part FPS, part FPA, but for sake of arguement).

    Thats like getting pissed at Microsoft for making (arguably) the best FPS on their platform being Halo 3.

    I guess if my company sucked at what it does i'd probably find something else to blame too...


    (i'm not a fan boy, i just think codemasters is a 1/2 rate publisher, not a horrible one, but 1/2 rate.)


    Quote Originally Posted by JAKE196
    Well we all know the Wii is not going to last 10 years. . .


    but OF COURSE we all know all the Wii is good for is 'brain training.'

    I'm really tired of this BS.

    agreed, i'm not sure why the guy from Codemasters even mentioned that, i don't remember anyone at nintendo claiming that it would last 10 years. PS3 is the only platform i know of that has had that claim from their company and even the chance of that console lasting that long is slim(though the PS2 is still kicking, newly designed in japan and europe... )
    Last edited by smyth; 01-09-2008 at 01:17 PM.


    I am fast. To give you a reference point, I'm somewhere between a snake and a mongoose. And a panther.
    ~Argue for your limitations,and they're yours...
    -Feel free to add my wii and send me a message and i'll add you back
    -Mario Strikers Charged: 442495 403215
    -MoH: H2 Persona- DexterMorgan114


  6. #15
    Guru of everything Ninty wezeles's Avatar
    Member #
    16487
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,146
    Friends
    3
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    Quote Originally Posted by T3kNi9e
    Actually your wrong and right.

    The biggest problem is advertsising too...

    nintendo pushes its own titles like crazy.... yet how many game commercials do you see that are intended for 3rd party Nintendo titles? hardly any... they complain about game sales for 3rd party, yet how many good 3rd party games have even been made for Wii?

    they make crap games because there sales suck, there sales suck mostly because they didnt advertise the game twards nintendo in the first place, but twards the other 2 systems, So now they dont see the reason to invest into a big title fo nitnendo platform

    Its there own snobbery and Fanboysism thats going to hurt them...

    The Few good 3rd party titles have sold well on Wii, the fact is there is so few good 3rd party games on the Wii because developers are use to Nintendo being the kiddy system... They never made a Good 3rd party game in the first place.. you cant complain about it if you dont even try... And some copy of a big title that works for another console isnt going to cut it... Design it for the Wii or dont bother...

    When a Game like RE5 makes it to the wii the same time as the other 2 consoles, not months after, then they will have an argument.

    The fact is because nintendo does not bid for exclusive games, and ontop they do take more profit from 3rd party sales then the other 2 systems... The 3rd party doesn't even try on nintendos system, they havent for years...
    but now they kinda have to because nintendo has the contorlling market share...

    if they make 10 dollars per game on 360/ps3
    and only 8 dollars per game on Wii which is better?
    thats something they have to decide for themself... sell games that get you more profit with less audience, or less profit with more audience?

    But we will see big change in 3rd party companies, and it will be based on who takes on that question and decides whats best...
    Last edited by wezeles; 01-09-2008 at 01:27 PM.


  7. #16
    Conquistador T3kNi9e's Avatar
    Member #
    39562
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Augusta, GA
    Posts
    2,231
    Friends
    2
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Yup, you're right. Thats one of the biggest problems, advertisment.

    But you say they will have no choice because Wii will have the controlling market share. But, I think even then it wont happen. Atleast, not in a bigger sense. I think only a few will. Because its not like a strike where they end up having to make a compromise because even though they controll alot its basically like 360+PS3 is one console vs the Wii. So you make it on the 360+PS3 instead of the Wii and still gain more profits because Wii does not advertise 3rd party games properly nor do they sell because most Wii owners are what? Casual gamers...
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

  8. #17
    Asstnt to the Rgnl Mngr smyth's Avatar
    Member #
    34898
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Brick, NJ
    Posts
    478
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3517-9799-4262-2418
    Quote Originally Posted by wezeles
    The biggest problem is advertsising too...

    nintendo pushes its own titles like crazy.... yet how many game commercials do you see that are intended for 3rd party Nintendo titles? hardly any... they complain about game sales for 3rd party, yet how many good 3rd party games have even been made for Wii?

    they make crap games because there sales suck, there sales suck mostly because they didnt advertise the game twards nintendo in the first place, but twards the other 2 systems, So now they dont see the reason to invest into a big title fo nitnendo platform

    Its there own snobbery and Fanboysism thats going to hurt them...

    The Few good 3rd party titles have sold well on Wii, the fact is there is so few good 3rd party games on the Wii because developers are use to Nintendo being the kiddy system... They never made a Good 3rd party game in the first place.. you cant complain about it if you dont even try... And some copy of a big title that works for another console isnt going to cut it... Design it for the Wii or dont bother...

    When a Game like RE5 makes it to the wii the same time as the other 2 consoles, not months after, then they will have an argument.

    The fact is because nintendo does not bid for exclusive games, and ontop they do take more profit from 3rd party sales then the other 2 systems... The 3rd party doesn't even try on nintendos system, they havent for years...
    but now they kinda have to because nintendo has the contorlling market share...

    if they make 10 dollars per game on 360/ps3
    and only 8 dollars per game on Wii which is better?
    thats something they have to decide for themself... sell games that get you more profit with less audience, or less profit with more audience?

    But we will see big change in 3rd party companies, and it will be based on who takes on that question and decides whats best...

    i actually meant to point out the lack of 3rd party ads in my last post but by the time i posted it i had already forgotten about it. haha

    completely agree though, for instance if heatseaker was actually a good game lets say average rating of at least an 8 among the big review sites. Well yeah that'll help sell the title... to a point. But if i don't know about the title how do they expect me to buy it?
    It's like they want nintendo to make crap games so theirs look better by comparision(the bride's maid syndrome) and on top of that they want nintendo to advertise for them...

    i am an insurance agent, one of our companies is Progressive, who also sell direct instead of through an agent. i don't expect them to do a crap job so i look better, nor do i expect him to pay for an ad in the newspaper advertising my business. But that sounds like what this guy wants.


    kyle


    I am fast. To give you a reference point, I'm somewhere between a snake and a mongoose. And a panther.
    ~Argue for your limitations,and they're yours...
    -Feel free to add my wii and send me a message and i'll add you back
    -Mario Strikers Charged: 442495 403215
    -MoH: H2 Persona- DexterMorgan114


  9. #18
    Confiscation of the Mind iOwnage's Avatar
    Member #
    36069
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    538
    Friends
    1
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8957-2822-1883-9918
    Quote Originally Posted by wezeles
    The biggest problem is advertsising too...
    Exactly. People wonder why Zach and Wiki didn't get good sales. Hmmm.. I haven't seen one ad for the game, yet they expect everyone to automatically know about it.


    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=


  10. #19
    Asstnt to the Rgnl Mngr smyth's Avatar
    Member #
    34898
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Brick, NJ
    Posts
    478
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3517-9799-4262-2418
    Quote Originally Posted by iOwnage
    Exactly. People wonder why Zach and Wiki didn't get good sales. Hmmm.. I haven't seen one ad for the game, yet they expect everyone to automatically know about it.

    exactly, i can develop the greatest game in the history of video games but if i don't tell you about it how do i expect you to buy it?


    I am fast. To give you a reference point, I'm somewhere between a snake and a mongoose. And a panther.
    ~Argue for your limitations,and they're yours...
    -Feel free to add my wii and send me a message and i'll add you back
    -Mario Strikers Charged: 442495 403215
    -MoH: H2 Persona- DexterMorgan114


  11. #20
    Conquistador T3kNi9e's Avatar
    Member #
    39562
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Augusta, GA
    Posts
    2,231
    Friends
    2
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    So who's fault was it that Zack and Wiki didn't sell?
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search tags for this page

nintendo sustainability

,

nintendo wii sustainability

,
nintendo's doubts about the wii
,

nintendo's sustainability

,
sustainability wii
Click on a term to search for related topics.