+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Waiting For Tomorrow largedarry's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8861-8821-7046-6197
    Well in rebutal to the Substance over Quality section:

Since when has Nintendo's software offerings been anything but pure quality?
    "There are many causes that I am prepared to die for but no causes that I am prepared to kill for." Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

"I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidD
    I wish everyone would read the damn manual instead of posting a post about a dumbass question like the one asked in this thread.

2. Ads

An Instant Classic LevesqueIsKing's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    The wii 'needs' nothing at all. Why can't you people understand that?

Everything and anything that Nintendo gives to us we should recieve thankfully, because they could very easily stop releasing channels and perifials right now and still win the console war.

Not to fit a mold,

Not to join a trend,

Not to follow a crowd

Member #
    Friends
    6873-9817-9041-2501
    Quote Originally Posted by T3kNi9e
    Don't you think the reason that you sit so many articles about the Wii is because this is a Wii forum? Trust me when I say I see plenty of articles talking about the flaws for Xbox. Before it was about the hardware failures of Xbox which still haunts me since I still own the old version of Xbox which luckily hasn't messed up yet. Also I see plenty of complaints about lack of games for japanese gamers. Now days its been about the Xbox Live downtime since christmas. Apparently since christmas with the millions of new live users it has been creating problems on the servers which they are currently fixing. There has been ALOT of complaints. Where do I hear all this? On Xbox forums of course. So if your gonna hear/see complaints about Wii, its a good chance you will find it here because people will see it and post it. Chances are a Xbox player will not post this article in a Xbox forums since they dont play the Wii.
    Having been a 360 owner since launch, I could list a dozen complaints about the 360.

I could start with the fact, I am on my 4th console (went through 3 of them in the first 6 months). Last one has been rock solid.

I could go in to the ridiculous cost of the majority of download content.

Trust me, I could go on.

The 360 has plenty of flaws as well, but this isn't the forum to list them. I have been pretty active on the official 360 forums and have vented THERE. And believe me, there are TONS of articles on there putting the 360 down.

This is primarily a Wii forum, so this is where you will see these types of articles posted. Get over it people.

If you don't acknowledge the faults in the Wii, what incentive does Nintendo have to ever fix them?

So once again, we agree T3k.
    Currently playing: Super Swing Golf Season 2

Games Owned: Super Mario Galaxy, Super Swing Golf Season 2, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Zelda Twilight Princess, Trauma Center New Blood, Harry Potter OOTP, Zak & Wiki, Metroid Prime 3, Big Brain Academy, Battalion Wars 2

VC Games Owned: Punch Out, Legend of Zelda, SMB 3, Super Mario World, Super Metroid

Member #
    Friends
    Yes Bumble14 all of those games are boring to me.

"Halo 3(slow), Mass Effect(rather watch the old star track), Rainbow Six Vegas(slow), Call of Duty 4(i'd rather play quake wars on the PC), Uncharted(props on the xbrush work though), The Orange Box(good game got it on PC), Gears of War(slow), Warhawk(the only thing that I even remotly think about playing on the box), BioShock(yeap PC), GRAW, Ratchet and Clank Future(easier than mario galaxies? I've played it and please tell me it gets harder), Oblivion(come on this game is like oregon trial with sword)" Yep boring... I mean really shooters like that don't even challenge me any more unless I'm playing with vets. I still play quake, UT and stats wise I have been ranked first online many times. To put it simply there is no replay value in those games on the console to me. They play incredibly easy. The only one that could hold a candle to what I play was golden eye for the N64. The level design was really really good.Or better yet try play metroidprime3 it can be a real bitch! Lord help you if they make a hunters for the Wii! Really halo is way too easy also... and the only thing that makes it hard is the constant yelling. I mean I'm not paying for that. I like my games really hard even it they don't have a story. I watch movies and read books for that stuff and not I don't need HD dvd or blue rays, My tv up scales just fine. Most PC gamers like me love the Wii the most for the pointer really and all it is going to take is some one to tweak fps controls even more. We are not graphic whore yet we are Frames per second whores. I know lots of people that play quake at 800x600 on 3ghz boxes with 8800 just to get a steady 400 frames during game play if the server allows it.

The AI on those games still suck. You may be wowed by them yet I'm not. I've played them with friends and they all still suck. Thats why they still have online play. I don't care about rewards. When Ai can effectively make me make a mistake then I will give it my blessing. J/K yet no the Ai still has a long way to go. I've been playing these game since doom1 and beyond online and off and they still lack tactics.

Now if these games where not online and shooters then maybe they would have a better chance of having good AI in my eyes.

Also too gears of war moves so slow I could shoot people in the knee caps and make them fall and shot them selves. Not really but thats how slow it moves to me. I want a fast FPS... You know when people are shooting at you you tend to run like your life depends on it...LOL.

There are lots of people like me out there right now. We are not wowed just by normal mapping any more. In fact we see the bad art direction and why it's not WOWing every one.

The Whizz bang graphics ware off when exposed to it so much even in the crappy games. You may not understand where I'm coming from yet the HD systems had a lot to live up too and I don't think developers where even ready for them yet. Hey but I'm glad you guys have lots to play.

This is only my opinion ok? I would like more art direction rather than shaders.

Member #
    Friends
    I honestly do not understand why some of you want the wii to be the exact same console as the 360/PS3.

1.) Why does the wii need a fully fleshed out online like xbox live? Who cares? If owning a system with outstanding online gameplay is your priority, don't you already own a 360?

2.) Why does wii need to run in HD? Sure it would look great, but didn't you already know before buying your wii that it wasn't HD? If you own an HD Tv, and HD gaming is a priority to you, don't you already own a PS3/360?

I got a wii for the motion controls, classic nintendo games, updates on nintendo games (mario galaxy, zelda TP, metroid prime 3, etc). I bought my xbox 360 because I have an HD Tv, wanted to play games online with buddies, and wanted an online community. Last time I checked Nintendo stated from the very first day that the wii didn't run hd, and that the wii wasn't going to be an "online" system in the sense of the competition...so I guess I jsut can't understand why you guys are complaining??

That being said, we will be getting some online games in Smash Brothers, and Mario Kart in the near future, and I'm sure the gaming online will only get better. It's a pretty basic set-up, but who really cares...like I said before- if your gaming priorities were HD, and Online, then why'd you buy a wii? The wii is fine how it is, and if Nintendo decides to give us more, then lucky us!, but until then stop complaining....

Maybe you guys should go buy the system that best fits your gaming priorities instead of knocking Nintendo?? Just a thought.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo
    a ffs can all the fanboys f off im begining to hate u T3kNi9e

its just everytime you post its something about the wii being non-superior to the ps360.

we all no that 90% of us new what the wii could and couldnt do.

and because every1 didnt expect it to sell as much your all moaning that it crap becase you losing the war.

if your 360 so much better go play halo 3 or cod4 but just get of the forums before i bring out shotgun and hunt you down ( this goes for everyone)

(and xbox live f'ed up right now (im in an xbox360 clan even thoghu i dont own a 360) and out of 20 members 10 are think ing of getting taking it back for ps3)

WOW man that sucks. Man for it to be a paid service this sucks even worst. As most of these games are not fun with out online play. Well the big ones any way thats just the nature of the FPS though.

It's really funny how all these people think the Wii needs some thing to survive. It out sold every thing except the DS with simple graphics. it is the only system that people actually go out and buy after playing it. Thats saying some thing.

Hey but say what you will because what is funny is nintendo didn't need any advice to become what they are right now.

Untill the masses start looking at HD graphics and saying that it's more than just a better resolution and effects at a premium then the Wii will just keep doing what they have planned.

Nintendo stopped telling people their plans a long time ago and now they are worst because we all know factor 5 may have had some thing to do with sony's motion based controller.

Face it if nintendo ever gets the hardcore hooked then it is completely over as people will be like hey I got what I want why should I pay more?

Hey online play is cool yet really it's a crutch and a mighty fun crutch for real game play, Ai and what ever else.

But it's nice to see gamers are still so hopefully for their platforms. I'm also glad you guys are having fun and more people are willing to pay more to play games. It's really good for R&D ya know.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble14
    I honestly do not understand why some of you want the wii to be the exact same console as the 360/PS3.

1.) Why does the wii need a fully fleshed out online like xbox live? Who cares? If owning a system with outstanding online gameplay is your priority, don't you already own a 360?

2.) Why does wii need to run in HD? Sure it would look great, but didn't you already know before buying your wii that it wasn't HD? If you own an HD Tv, and HD gaming is a priority to you, don't you already own a PS3/360?

I got a wii for the motion controls, classic nintendo games, updates on nintendo games (mario galaxy, zelda TP, metroid prime 3, etc). I bought my xbox 360 because I have an HD Tv, wanted to play games online with buddies, and wanted an online community. Last time I checked Nintendo stated from the very first day that the wii didn't run hd, and that the wii wasn't going to be an "online" system in the sense of the competition...so I guess I jsut can't understand why you guys are complaining??

That being said, we will be getting some online games in Smash Brothers, and Mario Kart in the near future, and I'm sure the gaming online will only get better. It's a pretty basic set-up, but who really cares...like I said before- if your gaming priorities were HD, and Online, then why'd you buy a wii? The wii is fine how it is, and if Nintendo decides to give us more, then lucky us!, but until then stop complaining....

Maybe you guys should go buy the system that best fits your gaming priorities instead of knocking Nintendo?? Just a thought.

It's simple they can't buy the other system. I'll spend like $2,000 in the next few months building another PC for fun and work. Not may people can do that and not many people can buy a $250system + $270-$400xbox(what ever version) and live and then expect to buy some games. All gamers don't have nice jobs and the ones that do will buy what they want yet if you look at the sales of a lot of games they are actually not doing as good as they should because gamers buying power is spread out among lots of games.

It's the same thing that happened to PC gaming... people just can't keep up if you keep raising the price. $200-$300 has always been the sweet spot for all consoles.

They may want but simply can not afford. Now once you start making that console part of the families entertainment then you start working with a larger budget.

Also too if the Wii did offer online and HD graphics it would actually stop it from selling to the Wii sports and future wii fit fans. Which would be stupid.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo
    a ffs can all the fanboys f off im begining to hate u T3kNi9e

its just everytime you post its something about the wii being non-superior to the ps360.

we all no that 90% of us new what the wii could and couldnt do.

and because every1 didnt expect it to sell as much your all moaning that it crap becase you losing the war.

if your 360 so much better go play halo 3 or cod4 but just get of the forums before i bring out shotgun and hunt you down ( this goes for everyone)

(and xbox live f'ed up right now (im in an xbox360 clan even thoghu i dont own a 360) and out of 20 members 10 are think ing of getting taking it back for ps3)
    Im not a fanboy, I just know what fun is. The Wii needs to improve and thats that. Shut the hell up with your stupid ass threats. You think I give a shit about what you think. Btw, yes I do go play my Xbox over my Wii, I guess its my fault Wii doesn't have anything good worth getting except SSBB and Mario Kart... Yeah, I MUST be a fanboy!

I cant believe you threaten someone over the internet with a shotgun, as if owning a shotgun is so shocking OMG!! HE OWNS A SHOTGUN! Any 18 year old can legally buy a shotgun, you probably can't even shoot one, let alone have the balls to shoot anyway you fag. Go cry more because you can't take critizism.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble14

Thank you! You have stated very effectivly what I have been thinking all along. Again, thank you.

Member #
    Friends
    ummm people have been wiggling the standard joypads and joysticks for like 20 + years and are still going, so i think the Wii mote wiggling has a long way to go.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Ads