Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Dumb people entertain me.

OK,
    There's a kid in my graphic arts class who for some reason was under the impression that he'd be able to buy a PS3 or Wii on launch day with his "hook-ups". Anyway, the duder called his "hook-up" yesterday to confirm that he had a system reserved for him. The hook-up ended up being an EB store manager, but the questionable hook-up ended up being that he could get him a job, and therefore reserve himself a Wii/PS3 as an employee. The kid was kinda bummed by it, but still wanted to ensure he'd get a unit. So, he signed up and started working.... yesterday. He showed up to class completely pissed, being that nobody had told him that preorders took place for about 15 minutes three weeks ago. And here's the thing that really hit me:

"Well, I can always tell someone that their unit arrived broken and to come back in a couple weeks to pick up another." I hope this kind of crap doesn't really happen, but with all the Nintendo and Sony reps monitoring distribution, I doubt that any shady employees will try and succeed with such a scheme.

If the manager's got the reputation that I hear he has, this kid's totally going to get fired. Dumb people entertain me.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Santoanderson
    OK,
    There's a kid in my graphic arts class who for some reason was under the impression that he'd be able to buy a PS3 or Wii on launch day with his "hook-ups". Anyway, the duder called his "hook-up" yesterday to confirm that he had a system reserved for him. The hook-up ended up being an EB store manager, but the questionable hook-up ended up being that he could get him a job, and therefore reserve himself a Wii/PS3 as an employee. The kid was kinda bummed by it, but still wanted to ensure he'd get a unit. So, he signed up and started working.... yesterday. He showed up to class completely pissed, being that nobody had told him that preorders took place for about 15 minutes three weeks ago. And here's the thing that really hit me:

"Well, I can always tell someone that their unit arrived broken and to come back in a couple weeks to pick up another." I hope this kind of crap doesn't really happen, but with all the Nintendo and Sony reps monitoring distribution, I doubt that any shady employees will try and succeed with such a scheme.

If the manager's got the reputation that I hear he has, this kid's totally going to get fired. Dumb people entertain me.
    Zomg im in your class thast me!!!
    *Spoiler*
    *Spoiler*
    *Spoiler*
    *Spoiler*
    *Spoiler*
    *Spoiler*
    *Spoiler*
    *Spoiler*
    *Spoiler*
    *Spoiler*
    *Spoiler*
    *Spoiler*
    *Spoiler*
    *Spoiler*
    *Spoiler*
    *Spoiler*
    *Spoiler*
    *Spoiler*
    *Spoiler*
    *Spoiler*
    Nah im joking im not in your class. but that kid is stupid and dishonest i would punch him in the face if that was me...

WiiOwner since June 2007. SSBB Fan Forever.

Forgotten but always remembered... o_O

That Cat is a Mess Messykitty414's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Haha that's pretty funny, dumb people entertain me as well

Member #
    Friends
    yah theres these little kids in my neighborhood who said they "know" there grandma was getting them a ps3 because it was expensive and they both wanted it. ones 10 ones 6...(kiddies) So i say is youre grandma camping out. They look at me weird. I said there like already sold out. Then they said no theres like gazillions! i wanted to slap them in the face!!!

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Seriously, everybody at my school barely knows anything about the Wii, let alone about the stock.
    And they all say , yeah I'm getting a Wii on the first day that comes out, and some thought that it already came out .
    They're pathetic

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Crunch
    yah theres these little kids in my neighborhood who said they "know" there grandma was getting them a ps3 because it was expensive and they both wanted it. ones 10 ones 6...(kiddies) So i say is youre grandma camping out. They look at me weird. I said there like already sold out. Then they said no theres like gazillions! i wanted to slap them in the face!!!
    OMG, thats pretty funny. dumb people entertain me 2. maby im just an asshole, but i LOVE 2 c that look of disapointment on the face of some1 who doesnt know crap be4 assuming/thinking something is going 2 happen. u know wat im saying.
    Bunnys can't play soccer........ BUT THEY CAN DANCE

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by rodent
    dumb people entertain me 2. maby disapointment .
    You spelled "maybe" and "disappointment" wrong but anyway, yeah its pretty funny

Member #
    Friends
    6069-2332-3129-0150
    Thats pretty bad but its even worse when employees don;t know sh*t.

I called TRU yesterday to ask about midnight launching because i heard rumors that some were, and so i ask for the game dept. The customer service woman says "well maybe I can help you." So i say "i have a preorder for the wii and was wondering when the earliest i can pick it up sunday is."

and she says...."I thought it came out last sunday?"

"...No. It comes out the 19th..."

so i would think all of the employees....at least of the game dept and the customer service should know exactly when major things like that are hitting the stores.

Member #
    Friends
    ^^
    That folks, is why minimum wage exists.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Crunch
    I know what you mean, it's like when ppl say that they're going to see "M I 3" (or any huge movie) on the 1st day it comes out...while being totally oblivious to the fact that tickets have been bought out for the next 3 days after its premiere. I'm so pissed at ppl who are so spoiled or so dumb that they think they're going to get anything they want, when they want it.

Dumb ppl piss me off, but they do entertain me too

Super Moderator - PM me if you have any issues.

We Want Young Blood.

Ads