LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I completely agree, especially with the change to the Friend Code System. It was ok to start with, but now it is just getting tedious.

The key to immortality is first living a life
    worth remembering. - Bruce Lee

PSN ID: Byuakuya

2. Ads

Let the Wii pwnage begin. sarasota's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Good post, I agree with pretty much all of your points.
    I really hate to jump on the anti-friend codes bandwagon, but this is a major point........as much of a Ninty fanboy I am, this is rediculous, and has got to stop. Hard drive is pretty much a "has to happen" thing, and I'm sure that it will, I think we're all gonna be happy with '08 once the year ends. We've got some good games coming up, and I'm still happy with all the games I already have , so

MOHH2 Persona: BCKaptKrunch
    Games Pwned (Sorry, Owned): Medal of Honor Heroes 2, Super Mario Galaxy, Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition, Madden '08, Mortal Kombat Armageddon, Rayman, Rayman 2, Trauma Center, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Tiger Woods '08, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Need for Speed Carbon, Dance Dance Revolution, Wii Sports

Member #
    Friends
    i agree with the 1st post....rechargable wii remotes are already available and cheap as well...

wii needs a hard drive as well.......if not a hard drive.....then a media streaming channel, which requires no hard drive or space......but i think many new features will be announced for wii in 2008....Nintendo can do everything with their "ideas".....

Member #
    Friends
    As far as the remote and battery consumption goes...I think they are talking about rechargeable remotes that charge through the system itself; like the PS3 has. I would dearly love that! I would also like a way to turn the remote off, even if the system is still on, so I'm not wearing down my batteries, or charge, while I go and answer the phone. Right now if I push the power button on the remote, it shuts the system down and not just the remote.

The hard drive thing is a given. They've got to do something and soon.

The friend's code thing never made much sense to me. It's tedious and I don't see how it protects anyone; if that was the idea. I think that needs to go.

Member #
    Friends
    3732-3369-2853-4491
    [sarcasm]Ummm, somebody tell this guy it's FRIEND codes, not FRIEND'S codes. I refuse to read until this insulting correction is made! [/sarcasm]
    Strikers FC:025884-970933
    RIP: Hidden in Plain View, Counterfit Pennies, The Early November

thanks to idjut for the sig!

Member #
    Friends
    The Wii just square enix's praise! Well you know thats pretty big...

Member #
    Friends
    1311-1763-5388-6163
    The friend code system is annoying, especially for each and every game. But i guess its sort of their security. Last thing i want is a wiibot spamming my wii with messages about junk.

Member #
    Friends
    Very good article.

The friend codes right now are a joke. I can't even explain how stupid they are, Nintendo really missed the target on that one... once again.

Guru of everything Ninty wezeles's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    The friend code will be annoying for some time...
    i understand the concept behind it... make a 12 digit code instead of just screen names that could be inapropriate for younger users.. cool...

but whats the point of that when you have to add your friend and they have to add you before you can even talk online? that feature alone would protect you from spammers and inapropriate content you didnt want comming in...
    And ontop of it they make seperate codes for every online game... just a bad call..

but this is nintendos first time going at online in a big way so they are aloud these types of mistakes aslong as they work them out in the future....

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by wezeles
    The friend code will be annoying for some time...
    i understand the concept behind it... make a 12 digit code instead of just screen names that could be inapropriate for younger users.. cool...

but whats the point of that when you have to add your friend and they have to add you before you can even talk online? that feature alone would protect you from spammers and inapropriate content you didnt want comming in...
    And ontop of it they make seperate codes for every online game... just a bad call..

but this is nintendos first time going at online in a big way so they are aloud these types of mistakes aslong as they work them out in the future....
    You're completely right but don't get blinding by Nintendo. They've seen how other systems have handled the online mode, we can't just accept their mistakes and carry on! If Nintendo wants to be a leader in gaming than they better get their online act together. I don't care if its their first time, they should have done their bloody research.

Ads