Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Kirby's path follower swordkirby's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by nic7
    I just would prefer if we got a Firmware update that gave us the ability to hook our own hard drives into one of the USB ports on the back of the Wii. It would keep things easy and Nintendo wouldn't really have to do much.

Plus, I would rather have a 4 gig hard drive then a 1 gig SD.
    ACTUALLY, some 4 gig sd cards do work

Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    8853-1952-9704-6115
    Quote Originally Posted by swordkirby
    ACTUALLY, some 4 gig sd cards do work
    Really? I've heard that it maxes out at 2 gigs. I still haven't seen a 4 gig SD card either that says "Wii compatible". Do you have a link or something?

Thanks Star Striker for the sig.

Support the Third Parties!
    Buy Zack and Wiki
    and
    No More Heroes

Member #
    Friends
    I'm not sure which ones work, but i know SOME do

i'll look for an online list, gimme a minute or ninety

Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    6636-1630-0874-1365
    I've got an 8gb flash drive

I wish i could actually watch movies, half way through it says wii memory is full.... Couldnt they provide an update that allows you to send the memory to ur SD card instead?
    Arguing Over The Internet Is Like Participating In The Special Olympics, Even If You Win You Are Still Retarded.
    Super Smash Bros Brawl:
    2320-5790-2320

Mario Strikers friend code:
    494028-363289

Member #
    Friends
    The Wii costs $250, it was meant for gaming not for multimedia. VC games are really small, you could fit alot of games in just a 1GB SD Card. I think the internal harddrive is like 512 Megs, which is more than enough for saved games.

External HD would be the last thing on the list, Nintendo needs to focus on improving online, getting some headsets, and getting some more hardcore 3rd party games. Unless you guys just want to watch movies and music. But if you guys wanted that, then Wii wouldn't have been so cheap. \
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    8853-1952-9704-6115
    Quote Originally Posted by T3kNi9e
    The Wii costs $250, it was meant for gaming not for multimedia. VC games are really small, you could fit alot of games in just a 1GB SD Card. I think the internal harddrive is like 512 Megs, which is more than enough for saved games.
    A lot of people buy huge amounts of VC games and that is beginning to add up, and with Wiiware coming there is no question we need a hard drive. (Plus you can't play VC games of an SD card)
    Last edited by nic7; 01-12-2008 at 02:15 PM.

Thanks Star Striker for the sig.

Support the Third Parties!
    Buy Zack and Wiki
    and
    No More Heroes

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by nic7
    A lot of people buy huge amounts of VC games and that is beginning to add up, and with Wiiware coming there is no question we need a hard drive. (Plus you can't put VC games on an SD card)
    isn't that the WHOLE POINT of the sd card slot, to put vc games on, incase you run out of menu space or memory?

Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    I was under the impression that SD Cards were meant for the games and photos. Whenever I see people buying the Wii they're telling them that they're gonna need SD Card if they plan on downloading VC games. But since I never tried myself I dont know for sure, but it would be kind of retarted if you cant...
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    8288-8038-4521-3885
    Quote Originally Posted by wii_fanatic
    if they do make a hard drive (or a headset) its gonna suck because everybody is gonna want one and they will be just as hard to find as a wii.

just because people are going to buy them does not mean they are going to suck...

Also, these items would not take the time or the money to produce like a wii so there would be a much higher possibility of finding one...

Another thing i dont know how many of you pay attention to pretty much all the news coming out of nintendo but SSBB is going to have a huge amount of downloadable content from both nintendo and other users i see my already filled to the max internal memory crying because of this. Also Animal Crossing is going to be an MMO so right there means its going to take up alot of space for a save file and there will have to be downloadable content. SD cards are a very inconvient thing to keep up with and not very big i would love to hook up a 500 gig MyBook to the back of my wii to know that i will never have to delete another file. But alas, this will probably not happen but the least they could do is sell us a Hard drive of atleast 20 gigs that would be enough for a while.

At the current rate of VC games coming out filling a 20 gig hard drive with just those would take less that 2 to 3 years and i pray to god the wii lasts longer than that and we all know it will.

Member #
    Friends
    7914-9240-2291-0710
    2GB SD card is plenty for the Wii, if it isn't then you are total fan boy

nuff said
    Rest In Peace
    Sean Taylor
    April 1st, 1983 - November 27th, 2007
    Wii Games:Wii Sports, Guitar Hero 3: Legends of Rock, Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged, Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Ads