LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

is it worth buying a new ds???

Hey i have had a ds for 3 years now but its falling apart.

The screen on top keeps turning off, there is HUGE dints in it and it will occasionally freeze.

I dont no wether to buy a new 1 cause i no the second i buy 1 a new super dooper handheld gaming system will come out.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by wilksy5555
    Hey i have had a ds for 3 years now but its falling apart.

The screen on top keeps turning off, there is HUGE dints in it and it will occasionally freeze.

I dont no wether to buy a new 1 cause i no the second i buy 1 a new super dooper handheld gaming system will come out.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!
    It sounds like it's dyin. Get a new ds lite. I got one and I love it. Nintendo made a red one and black one, these are the 2 newest kinds. Go try one from toys r us.

Member #
    Friends
    You could get another phat DS, saving money, therefore reducing the burn if they release another version in the next year or so...
    Wii Owner as of 12/16/07!

Spoiler Alert!

MoH H2 tag: The LS
    LoZ PH FC: 0130 0362 6335
    MKDS FC: 4896 9289 5833
    Please PM if you add me.

Member #
    Friends
    Yep get the ds lite the same thing happened to my friend. He got a ds lite and it has a less chance of falling apart

Member #
    Friends
    my old ds wasn't broken and i traded it in for a lite not that long ago and dont regret it at all, it is much nicer looking, neater and has much brighter, clearer screens
    Dom

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael986
    Yep get the ds lite the same thing happened to my friend. He got a ds lite and it has a less chance of falling apart
    I actually think the phat is sturdier.

And does the lite have clicky buttons?! Of course not.

Spoiler Alert!

Please PM if you add me.

Member #
    Friends
    7127-6973-1977-6198
    i'm just wondering, did you ever drop it? and also i would buy it, i got the GBC, GBA, and the DS missing the GB lol.

Wii Games: GT Pro Series, Super Paper Mario, Mario Strikers, Metroid Prime 3.
    DS Games: Final Fantasy lll, Mario Kart, New Super Mario Bros, Super Mario 64, Resident Evil DS, Star Fox DS, Brothers and Arms, Zelda Phantom HourGlass, Metroid Prime Hunters.
    GC: Super Smash Bros Meele, Mario Sunshine.

Guru of everything Ninty wezeles's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    I doubt they will come out with a new Handheld within the next year... usually we get about 6-9 months notice if not more when something new is about to hit so they can hype it up before sales... DS lite is acctually fairly new, although its not way different from the original DS its an update and will continue to be supported for a while...

With the success of the DS/DS lite, specially in japan, i would actually guess you got a good few more years untill an update...

They seem to release a handheld to match a console now usually comming up with a new one a year or so before the console. Nintendo loves to make money..lol and no better way then making exclusive gear for owning both the console and the handheld, like mini games and downloadables...

GB 1989 SNES 1990
    GBA 2001 GC 2001
    DS 2005 Wii 2006

The only exclusion to the rule was GBC, i think they tryed to stick out the gameboy as long as they could based on market controll instead investing to improve it...
    There were many handhelds "better than the GB, like Sega GameGear" they just didnt bother competing because they still had the majority of consumers

GBC 1998 N64 1996

but based on trends and how well sales still are i wouldn't guess you would have to worry about a new handheld till probably 2010 or later... Go get another DS and this time take it easy, when you can't beat a level put it down instead of chucking it across the room...lol
    Last edited by wezeles; 01-13-2008 at 10:40 AM.

Guru of everything Ninty wezeles's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    Quote Originally Posted by CodeRed
    i'm just wondering, did you ever drop it? and also i would buy it, i got the GBC, GBA, and the DS missing the GB lol.

The GB is still way easy to find check it out, and an unlimted supply of AA batterys..
    [media]http://www.metacafe.com/fplayer/971317/insane_car_battery_hack.swf[/media]

"dont really do this people you will burn yourself with acid this isn't real!" Got to protect my own butt...

Member #
    Friends
    LoL.

But the thing is, you could buy a brand new lite, and then this summer they could announce something. and from this guys post it sounds like he would get annoyed by that.

Spoiler Alert!

Please PM if you add me.

Ads