Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiinter
    What money are they making?
    I guess it seems to be their new marketing model: avoid direct competition with rivals at all costs. This is easily noted by the different nature of the games and hardware on both their portables and their home console platforms.

Maybe they're just afraid that Goldeneye would just finally be one more thing Nintendo's critics would be able to use to slam Nintendo into an issue they don't want to deal with. XBLA will release a version of Goldeneye with online play, and suddenly people will turn to Nintendo and ask "why doesn't your [possibly later-released] version have such a feature?" Or "It's bad enough so few of your games currently have online play, but being not able to support such a feature on a game for an outdated platform is just incompetence." Such issues seem to be heated enough already, but when a competitor goes ahead and outdo you on a game that was originally made exclusive for your products....

I guess it all comes down to bad publicity. It would simply go down as another reason for people not to take Nintendo seriously as a gaming platform, but rather a toy without some features their rivals can easily manage.

In the end it's not about making money, but potentially saving face from a bad image that would slow down their prowess and possibly lose money.

You want Goldeneye, though, find a proper way to complain/rant so that Nintendo will get the message. Blog about it, encourage others to write about it. Hopefully rather than be fearful of bad publicity, they'll...I don't know...actually work on improving previous works and spur an increase on product quality.
    Last edited by vi3tmix; 01-15-2008 at 06:01 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    i can agree with both sides of the argument. but there comes a time when you have to just stop trying to win and say..."you know what, who cares" and give the third individual (the gamers in this case) what they want.

i can see how microsoft would want to be able to release a highly popular and nostalgic Rare game. And I could see how Nintendo would want to be able to release a highly popular and nostalgic N64 game. Both sides have valid argument for exclusivity, but neither can really claim it without seeming like an A-hole. In this case I think it really should be both get it or none get it. It really wasn't THAT great of a game to me anyway, yeah it was awesomeness incarnate at the time, but since then so many superior console FPS have come out and like I said it's really more of nostalgia at this point.

Member #
    Friends
    Meh, doesn't matter for me... *hooks up N64*
    With much love, 261311.

Quote Originally Posted by JT.
    Maybe it's implying yoshi is an animal, and not just a mutated green prostitute mario likes to ride
    -=Join the Waluigi Fan Club=-

Member #
    Friends
    So, who really owns the rights to GE? Nin, Rare or MS? Just because MS bought Rare doesn't mean they own the rights to all the games Rare own.

What's sad is that Nin has a Microsoft Game (Viva Piñata) on the DS. They get a share of the profit from that. Sounds stingy on Nin's part that they aren't willing to do the same for an OOOOLLLLLDDDDD game.

Oh, about it not being on either system doesn't help Nin at all. If anything it hurts them. I know quite a few people who own a Wii and not a 360 who would have bought GE for the Wii if offered. Heck, I might have if I hadn't borrowed the disk from a friend and realized how crappy (IMHO) a game it is. He was going to give it to me and I told him, "Nah, you can have it back".
    Central Ohio: Wii via component on Mitsu 55" HD-RPTV. 94 ImpalaSS, MCSE/MCT, MS/Network Consultant.

Member #
    Friends
    8745-5143-2651-5351
    Disk? You mean cart?

MOHH2: AoW fortunz
    xfire: fortunzfavor

I am mianmini at IGN. fortunzfavor [at] netzero [dot] net

Member #
    Friends
    8338-4834-9712-3757
    but isnt there a Goldeneye 007 game coming out for the wii in like late 08' anyways? if so...whats the big deal? just wait for a game with online capabilities and all that...

...however that title on N64 was a classic...that and Perfect Dark. oh well.

Member #
    Friends
    So no Goldeneye for anyone then? I guess if Nintendo can't have it, no one can...

M'bating to Z Suit Samus Atomheart's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    What a bunch of douches! Just another example to confirm my belief that Nintendo are a bunch of greedy assholes that don't have even a passing care about their consumers and fans. They can only go on like this for so much longer until they end up eating their own heart and lose all of their fans.

Member #
    Friends
    Nintendo was being really greedy. Some of you are saying your happy. What is their to be happy about? Microsoft was not trying to make it exclusive, they were willing to let Nintendo release it also on VC and share profits. But Nintendo refused and now no one is going to have it. Not even Nintendo...
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    3598-1913-0901-5292
    Why does it even matter? Surely if you enjoyed it so much you can just hook up your old N64 again and play it on that?

Ads