LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Microsoft doesn't deserve to profit from this game. I'm with Nintendo.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    8745-5143-2651-5351
    Quote Originally Posted by White Knight
    I've been playing games before you were born, I know the right thing to do.
    Playing games gives you meaningful competence on business decisions in the gaming industry? Keep talking there buddy, you're really helping your case.

And when was I born?

Activision can't "screw Nintendo." While Nintendo can't put it on VC without Microsoft's approval (since they bought Rare), Microsoft can't emulate the game on the 360 without Nintendo's approval, since it uses N64 copyrighted hardware. Sometimes the toughest choice is the one that makes you suffer. Never ever let your games go on a competing system.
    Despite your extraordinary experience, you didn't know that xbla version of goldeneye was a port, not an emulation.

Also, Goldeneye is not Nintendo's game. It's Rare's and Activision's.

Quote Originally Posted by CyanRussel
    It was built for nintendo...made for nintendo...and shouldnt be on any other system...
    It was built for the N64, made for the N64. But you're asking that it be on the Wii. The port of Goldeneye in question was built for XBLA, made for XBLA.
    Last edited by Wiinter; 02-11-2008 at 07:24 PM.

MOHH2: AoW fortunz
    xfire: fortunzfavor

I am mianmini at IGN. fortunzfavor [at] netzero [dot] net

Member #
    Friends
    all this stink nintendo made they better release it on VC soon

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovieto
    wow you ignorant dumb ass fanboy. if any of you truly cared about goldeneye you would want to see it in any shape or form, not limited by your personal interests. because nintendo wont get it on their system because of microsoft, but on microsofts side its activision's CHOICE. just like its your CHOICE to go buy a 360 or not, cause its not a choice for it to come to the wii.
    i stand by this, and apply to all posts above it.

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    8745-5143-2651-5351
    i stand by this, and apply to all posts above it.
    Including all the posts above it that say pretty much the same thing?

MOHH2: AoW fortunz
    xfire: fortunzfavor

I am mianmini at IGN. fortunzfavor [at] netzero [dot] net

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiinter
    Including all the posts above it that say pretty much the same thing?
    yessir.

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

2062-8990-6509 GET READY! CyanRussel's Avatar
    Member #
    In my SSBB kingdom waiting for a challenge
    Friends
    3760-9059-7725-6846
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiinter

It was built for the N64, made for the N64. But you're asking that it be on the Wii. The port of Goldeneye in question was built for XBLA, made for XBLA.
    I beg to differ my friend
    Just When You Thought It Was Over........It Not Over Until I Say Its Over........So You Better Think Twice My Friend!!!

My WOC for friends list on Wii is right by my name....If you want to add ME Pm....if you do it without my knowing...I WILL NOT ADD YOU:

Member #
    Friends
    4614-1471-6665-4276
    nintendo would be stupid to let microsoft have this game. i dont care if it doesnt make it onto the VC, i would rather not have it then see it on 360.

also a port does require to take the original game from the original console, which in fact is a copyright issue, that is the whole reason that nintendo has a say in this.

for those of you who think that activision has a say in this, you are wrong. activision does not own the complete license to the game. (it is split with EA and kinda bounces around.

dont forget the fact that nintendo did publish the original game. though they dont have rights to the bond games, they have some rights to that specific game.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by thas
    nintendo would be stupid to let microsoft have this game. i dont care if it doesnt make it onto the VC, i would rather not have it then see it on 360.

also a port does require to take the original game from the original console, which in fact is a copyright issue, that is the whole reason that nintendo has a say in this.

for those of you who think that activision has a say in this, you are wrong. activision does not own the complete license to the game. (it is split with EA and kinda bounces around.

dont forget the fact that nintendo did publish the original game. though they dont have rights to the bond games, they have some rights to that specific game.
    again, WHY wouldnt you want to see it on xbla? youd rather have it be left only to the n64 rather than have it redone and available to so many more people, including yourself if youd get out of your ninty cloud?

Member #
    Friends
    4614-1471-6665-4276
    again, WHY wouldnt you want to see it on xbla? youd rather have it be left only to the n64 rather than have it redone and available to so many more people, including yourself if youd get out of your ninty cloud?
    i believe that most people that have a 360 will treat it like another fps game. really only the nintendo fans realise the games potential. can you give one reason that makes sense to why nintendo would allow goldeneye on xboxlive. that only makes them hae more competition, they would being fueling a competitior and they would lose sales. it takes money to put games on the VC. for most games on the VC, there is not competitor. its just a matter of buisness and its better to be safe then sorry.

Ads