LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Meijer is HOLDING WII'S BACK!!!!

One of my students works at a regional mega-store (clothes, grocery, electronics) who is pretty much Walmart's competitor. He quit his job this past weekend because he got tired of the crap they put their employee's through.

Anyways, the latest draw was they wanted him (all employee who do stock) to sign an NDA "of the contents of the storage areas". He signed it and then they had him help unload/shelf a bunch of stuff.

Turns out, their company policy is that whenever there's a shipment of Wii's, they are only allowed to put ONE box in the glass case. He asked about why and was told it's because they want to always be able to show that they have the Wii in stock for advertising regulation.

So, if they say they don't have any, tell them you know they're supposed to keep most in the back and to go get one.
    Central Ohio: Wii via component on Mitsu 55" HD-RPTV. 94 ImpalaSS, MCSE/MCT, MS/Network Consultant.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    haha if he got one for free that'd be sweet ay?
    META KNIGHT definition: UBER BAD ASS!

Brawl Code: 1590-4500-0038
    add me plz also pm me if you r adding me thanks! plz only add if you live in canada or the u.s
    my nickname is: DOM

Member #
    Friends
    5701-4561-7633-7008
    Quote Originally Posted by strommsarnac
    One of my students works at a regional mega-store (clothes, grocery, electronics) who is pretty much Walmart's competitor. He quit his job this past weekend because he got tired of the crap they put their employee's through.

Anyways, the latest draw was they wanted him (all employee who do stock) to sign an NDA "of the contents of the storage areas". He signed it and then they had him help unload/shelf a bunch of stuff.

Turns out, their company policy is that whenever there's a shipment of Wii's, they are only allowed to put ONE box in the glass case. He asked about why and was told it's because they want to always be able to show that they have the Wii in stock for advertising regulation.

So, if they say they don't have any, tell them you know they're supposed to keep most in the back and to go get one.
    i get confused at the third paragraph

so say he gets a shipments of 20 wii's
    he's only allowed to put one up in the glass case, so they can advertise that they have wii's?

why not put more:S

the mario that's roomed with mush
    my wii is not connected to the internet, so i can't play brawl online for a bit....please do not spam inbox with friend code requests

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by mushroomedmario

why not put more:S
    because if they put all 20 out at once, they might all go in like 10 minutes. then for the rest of the day they have 0 in stock and can no longer say that they have the Wii.

But if they only put out 1 at a time, then most people will probably walk by and see the empty case and think "oh no wii today" but if they actually ASK for it, the store can be like "sure we got wii". Makes the chance of running out of stock less likely than just tossing them out for a free for all.

Member #
    Friends
    5701-4561-7633-7008
    Quote Originally Posted by Sterculius
    because if they put all 20 out at once, they might all go in like 10 minutes. then for the rest of the day they have 0 in stock and can no longer say that they have the Wii.

But if they only put out 1 at a time, then most people will probably walk by and see the empty case and think "oh no wii today" but if they actually ASK for it, the store can be like "sure we got wii". Makes the chance of running out of stock less likely than just tossing them out for a free for all.
    ahh okay that makes sense

personally i would put them in the middle of the store....and watch customers fight over them (to the death)

the mario that's roomed with mush
    my wii is not connected to the internet, so i can't play brawl online for a bit....please do not spam inbox with friend code requests

Member #
    Friends
    lol. make a big cage arena with swords and shields!
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Guru of everything Ninty wezeles's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    Battle Royal... i would go to meijer more if they did that..lol
    Last edited by wezeles; 01-15-2008 at 10:02 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by mushroomedmario
    ahh okay that makes sense

personally i would put them in the middle of the store....and watch customers fight over them (to the death)
    Great idea! Maybe you can pay for the damages when it's all over.
    Whatever at the store holdings. Sometimes they may completely be out of stock. They can only put so many out until they run out of the product (until next shipment).
    With much love, 261311.

Quote Originally Posted by JT.
    Maybe it's implying yoshi is an animal, and not just a mutated green prostitute mario likes to ride
    -=Join the Waluigi Fan Club=-

Member #
    Friends
    But that goes to show us that it is not Nintendo who is holding them back, but the stores; controlling the flow of wii's into the market, like the retailer meantioned.

Member #
    Friends
    Uhh, not really. Thats just 1 case scenario out of thousands of stores. Obviously there's a good chance it happens other places too. But only a small percentage. Besides... most people will ask someone if they have consoles in the back. The problem isnt even Nintendo's fault I think. Its just not easy to making millions of consoles and you also have to make sure they all work. Then you have to pack them and ship them. Alot of crap...
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Ads