Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7762-3578-9261-4977

silly question, please help.

I just wanted to know if anyone knew how much money you get back from trading in games? I'm not just talking about wii games, i just mean video games in general. I recently just went through a lot of my stuff & i'm getting rid of quite a few.

Also, would i get more money trading them in at game stop or blockbuster?

Thanks in advance!
    Wii Games:
    WiiSports, WiiPlay, Super Mario Galaxy, Barnyard, Carnival Games, Big Brain Academy, Mario Party 8, Super Paper Mario, Cooking Mama Cookoff, RE Umbrella Chronicles, Guitar Hero III, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08

DS Games: Super Mario 64, Club House Games, Brain Age, Mario Kart DS, New Super Mario Bros., Sims 2 Pets, Pogo Island, Super Princess Peach, Yoshi's Island Ds

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Depends on the game and the system it's for.

If the game is rare or in demand, you will get good dollar for it. If it's a terrible game where Gamestop has 1000 copies of them used, don't expect much.
    I don't care WHAT Jim says, that is NOT the real Ben Franklin, I am 99% sure.
    Animal Crossing Friend Code: 4769-2668-6020

Member #
    Friends
    Depends on the game store, the quantity of the games they have (of the title you're trading in) and the age of the title. Of course, there always are factors such as condition, whether you've got everything it came with, etc.
    With much love, 261311.

Quote Originally Posted by JT.
    Maybe it's implying yoshi is an animal, and not just a mutated green prostitute mario likes to ride
    -=Join the Waluigi Fan Club=-

Member #
    Friends
    Very little, if your planning trading something in, be prepared to get ripped off. Also, im not sure about the trade differences at Blockbuster/Gamestop.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    7762-3578-9261-4977
    Thanks guys!
    Wii Games:
    WiiSports, WiiPlay, Super Mario Galaxy, Barnyard, Carnival Games, Big Brain Academy, Mario Party 8, Super Paper Mario, Cooking Mama Cookoff, RE Umbrella Chronicles, Guitar Hero III, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08

DS Games: Super Mario 64, Club House Games, Brain Age, Mario Kart DS, New Super Mario Bros., Sims 2 Pets, Pogo Island, Super Princess Peach, Yoshi's Island Ds

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by T3kNi9e
    Very little, if your planning trading something in, be prepared to get ripped off.
    Yeah, that's the sad fact. I went to Microplay where they were selling one Donkey Kong 64, a banged up piece of crap cartridge for $49.99, I was wanting to sell mine and the expansion pack and packaging that came with it, he said he'd give me $5 in all seriousness. I looked at him, called him a con-artist and I haven't been to Microplay since.

This was 8 years ago.

Trust me, sell your stuff on eBay after looking around, you can sell yours as long as it's under the price of the used version of it and still make a lot more than a video-game store will give you. I prefer to keep my games anyways, memory sake and spur-of-the-moment play.
    With much love, 261311.

Quote Originally Posted by JT.
    Maybe it's implying yoshi is an animal, and not just a mutated green prostitute mario likes to ride
    -=Join the Waluigi Fan Club=-

Member #
    Friends
    2302-3055-5570-5529
    to avoid getting ripped off i would suggest being a bit more patient with your trades. For example you mentioned Block Buster, if there are used games for sale the trade in might be worht enough to get away with paying only 10-25 dollars for a game you havent played yet. Same goes for Game Stop, if you trade in an older title for a new one, you might not see much return; if the trade is for a used game you save more.

I know its hard to wait for that new game but, currently I am waiting out the PS3 price cut. Just remember--the games will always be available, and will always get cheaper with time.

Member #
    Friends
    big rip off.. gamestop sells recent used games for 45$ when retail is 50$ SMH

Member #
    Friends
    I would not trade in games cause they will always rip you off you can buy a brand new game on monday for 50 unwrap it and then trade it in tuesday and you will probably get 20-25 bucks tops if your luckly. Either sell them on EBay or private party or just keep them.

d_k
    Member #
    Friends
    7162-8575-3268-1906
    big rip off just use ebay sold ps2 for 70 dollers
    when gamestop only wanted to give me 30 =]

YEAA IM A

▄█▀ █▄ █▄█ ▀█▀

DONT GOT A PROBLEM RITEE?

PROUD BBERRY OWNER

LETS GO SKINNY DIPPING =]