+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5701-4561-7633-7008
    Quote Originally Posted by d_k
    i dont think its video games affecting my behavior
    you dont see me walking around in red overalls jumping on turtles.....
    i was just doing that a couple of minutes ago

but in most mario games(excluding super mario bros 2) he wears blue overalls

the mario that's roomed with mush
    my wii is not connected to the internet, so i can't play brawl online for a bit....please do not spam inbox with friend code requests

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    In Scarface, GTA or those other violent games. When you blow someones head off or drop kick someone in mortal kombat. People should blame violence on video games. Video games don't think for you, don't feel for you.
    Its that persons act that leads to violence. Violence in video games is a great stress reliver. some people don't see that. Imagin someone got home from work very stressed out and starts to play a exetremely violent shooter game and when he or she is done they said "ahh my stress is gone".
    I don't have to many violent games but when ever i'm stressed I pop in MK, Scarface or House of the dead 2. So Some people blame the games for violents like they blamed Marliyn Manson for the columbine shooting.

So some people should think before they start playing the blame game which i think is the most popular game we have is the blame game.
    Last edited by castlezelda; 01-15-2008 at 11:44 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by mushroomedmario
    i was just doing that a couple of minutes ago

but in most mario games(excluding super mario bros 2) he wears blue overalls
    Even on Mario Bros. 2 with the cover art showing him wearing red overalls, he still wore blue overalls in the game.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by 261311
    I think it's the media in general. If you're going to blame someone for violence, blame the news. They report 80% tragedy and thus, humans don't know any better. Video games do (and apparently have been proven) to cause violent thoughts, but violent actions produce violent thoughts, what can I say? 1000's don't go out after playing GTA or Scarface and Curb stomp someone, steal a car... or commit any felonies for that matter. A lot use video games as release.

In short, I don't hate the haters, I pity their ignorance.
    Ohh...I"m sorry I looked up the word...

I agree with you. Now I gotta get that hedious image outta my mind...

Member #
    Friends
    Movies and Tv probably have done more to desensitize people than video games have. Its all just part of societys moral decline and it can't be blamed on one source alone.

If somebody is crazy enough to commit murder though then chances are they would do it regardless of whether they played a game or not.

Member #
    Friends
    6069-9016-3559-6279
    Quote Originally Posted by 261311
    Yes and no. Studies have gathered results that impulse activity raises when playing something violent compared to something placid and boring in some part of your brain that harbors aggression. To me though, that doesn't mean crap because there's no way they've tested this theory on a wide variety of patients and games.
    Thoughts are different from actions. Every being on the Earth has probably had a violent thought, but to pull it off without real reason (defense, hunger, even vengance) is different all together and is unlikely for someone to do, even a media slave. So for someone to pull off an action without reason it usually is out of a mix of their environment (people, possessions, etc.) and their own mental stability.

Brawl Punching Bag

Chibi Asuka!!
    ------

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    you know....violent video games were the cause of The Holocaust and The Crusades and the Spanish Inquisition and the Salem Witch hunts....oh wait, those things happened BEFORE video games? well, i guess games aren't the root cause of violence.

it's futile to argue with the people who actually believe that games cause violence. most of them are going off of hype and will not even consider listening to reason. it's like that whole fiasco that happened years ago back on the Sega CD with the game Night Trap. people got all up in arms and thought it was a violent game with rape and murder and scantily dressed women doing all sorts of unsavory things at a slumber party.

turns out it was all hype, the only part of their accusation they really had correct was that it was some kind of slumber party. everything else was as about as tame as an episode of power rangers. I remember this very distinctly, one of the developers asked a politician of some kind who was protesting the game if he had even played it before jumping to such ridiculous conclusions and his words were "I don't have to".

So you see, alot of the people complaining about games being the cause of this or that, really don't know what they're even complaining about most of the time. It's obvious they're wrong, or else everytime one of these A-list violent games hits we would have hundreds of thousands, or even millions of copy-cat acts of violence. But do we? No. Case closed.

Member #
    Friends
    2154-9969-3510-2243
    I totally agree.

Mature gaming does not condone violence and anger for me games release my anger preventing me from punching a baby or going all Columbine.

GIVE US AUSSIE'S AN R RATING!!!!

I Swear never to touch a PlayStation ever again
    I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THE Wii
    MAKE YOUR PLEDGE TODAY!

<<<<< Wii Number *Message Me First*

Member #
    Friends
    2154-9969-3510-2243
    And to completely disregard everyone's belief people such as the Angry German Kid are evidence that video games can enrage people which may cuase further repercussions.

soz for Double Posting

I Swear never to touch a PlayStation ever again
    I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THE Wii
    MAKE YOUR PLEDGE TODAY!

<<<<< Wii Number *Message Me First*

Member #
    Friends
    I believe Video games(and movies... and TV... and the Internet...) can desensitize a human towards violence. I normally just stay away from M games simply because: Whats the point? Why do I need to see buckets of gore on a shooter when I can have just as much fun on a bloodless shooter? I do think theres a difference when you see the effects of a headshot, then just a body falling to the ground.

But for those who enjoy those games- Obviously if they are a kid, if the parents are parents they should take care of it, and decide what is right for the family. I don't think we need medical studies to show us that playing GTA, or GoW, or anything else can do things mentally. But its up to the parents, not the Government, or any other special interest group.
    Wii Owner as of 12/16/07!

Spoiler Alert!

MoH H2 tag: The LS
    LoZ PH FC: 0130 0362 6335
    MKDS FC: 4896 9289 5833
    Please PM if you add me.

Ads